Hampton by Hilton London Croydon
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
$55
$43
Travelodge
$80
1,270 results
All reviewstrain stationrooms are smallcomplimentary breakfastmodern hotelgatwick airportminute walkcar parkthe breakfast areaoyster cardeasy accessbusiness stayself servicebeansshort stayyogurtenjoyed my staystayed here for one night
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed 2 nights in the Hampton by Hilton in East Croyden and would highly recommend it for anyone looking for accommodation in this area of London.
The location was very convenient, it was walking distance from the train station and town centre. The check-in was efficient and friendly. The rooms were not spacious but spotless, fresh and fully equiped with everything you would need i.e. toiletries, tea/coffee facilities, iron & ironing board. I had a great nights sleep on both nights which is very rare for me in a hotel room but the bed was particularly comfortable.
The breakfast which was included in the rate was more than adequate. Even though it is a limited service hotel it doesn't feel like it. I will defintely look out for this brand of hotel when travelling in the future.

Room Tip: I travelled with extended family i.e. 11 adults. All the rooms were exactly the same.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Dewesh S, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Your feedback is important to us as it enables us to strive to be the best Hampton by Hilton around. Your positive comments will be fed back to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The staff was amazing, well mannered, always greeted you with a smile.. The rooms are very neat and tidy, but little smaller in size. Room service is good. Breakfast was included, variety of stuffs to have for breakfast.
In terms of location the Hotel is close to -
East Croydon Station @7-10 mins walking distance.
Whitgift shopping mall @ 15 mins walking distance.
One can find many Indian restaurant @7 mins walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RatneshGhadiali

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel is located in Croydon, very close to two train stations (East and West Croydon), shopping centres and Restaurants. The rooms are very clean and reasonably sized. Good breakfast included (choice of cereal plus English breakfast).

However, during my stay there were plates with food on it in the hallway next to my room and they weren't removed by staff. It's very unhygienic to have food sitting around for 2 days and says a lot about the cleanliness, motivation of staff members and their interest of providing the guest with a pleasant experience.

In addition to this, the phone in my room didn't work and although I requested it being fixed on the first day as I wanted to speak to my family, staff members did not seem to care. They did not manage to fix the phone during my 2 day stay. One staff member actually clearly did not even know that my phone didn't work and that I had complained, but stated that it had been fixed and should be working. I was very upset and angry about this, but more because of the lack of interest in solving this problem than the broken phone itself.

To top it off, when I left, staff members had enrolled me in the Hilton's Honor programme which I had not requested. I was only interested in it and asked for a leaflet but staff members enrolled my anyway.

Internet connection in the room was very poor, it always disconnected after a certain amount of time and you needed to close everything and start from scratch. Very annoying and it made working impossible.

They have a policy, if you are not 100% satisfied the guest doesn't have to pay. I was very close to actually ask for a refund.

For a hotel that has the name Hilton in it's brand name I expected a higher standard and staff commitment.

I will definitively not go back and wouldn't recommend the hotel to others. I gave 2 stars because of the cleanliness, great location and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Manuel K
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was only a 10 minute walk to East Croydon Station. Then another 10 minute ride to London Bridge Station. The breakfast was more than adequate. Even though the room was a bit small, it did not matter that much since we were there only long enough to shower and sleep. In speaking to other tourists staying at high end hotels around London, it sounds like the rooms in london are smaller than we are used to in the US. Shower design could have been better since there was only a curtain to block the water from running out of the shower area. So a good part of the floor got wet as well. I liked staying in Croydon because it was quiet at night compared to the hustle and bustle of being in the heart of the city. If I came back to London, I would definitely stay here again, especially with rates of 65 - 85 £ a night.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Jenile J

Reviewed October 1, 2012

A weekend away in London, stayed here because the rates are good and prefer to be out of the city centre. Modern new hotel, vey comfortable, I see several reviewers have complained abiut the room size, our experience was that they are fine, more than adequate and well thought out. Beds comfortable, bathrooms very good.
The hotels best feature are its staff, especialy the reception staff, Friendly, efficient and very helpfull.
Breakfast was as good as I would expect from a hotel at this price.
The Hotel is very conviniently situated for East Croydon rail station wich has very frequent services to London.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple