“sunday carvery”
Review of Gipsy Moth

Gipsy Moth
Ranked #344 of 489 Restaurants in Croydon
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Gipsy Moth, traditional Free House and Carvery the choice of hand pulled fine ales and wines are better today than ever before, and the quality of our food is outstanding. Chalk- boards on the wall display a host of recommendations. Fresh farm assured British Carvery is the house specialty, but whether you choose the same enthusiasm and commitment will be put into created the perfect dishes, just for you! The Gipsy Moth operates full table service all across the restaurant and bar area.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

i phoned ahead to let them know that the group would be 21 with the need for highchairs. we knew we would not be able to book, but on arrival there was an area set aside for us. the service was good, food was hot and plentiful veggies. when we arrived it was quiet (around 2 on a sunday) but by the time we left the place was full. all i can do is speak as i found and i found the staff very friendly, the food of a good quality and the atmosphere was good. we will probably go over again for a meal as a large family group. thanks to all the staff

There are newer reviews for Gipsy Moth

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Found this place by accident when caught up in a traffic jam on the Purley Way.
What a find! We had a choice of the Lamb, Beef, Pork and Turkey, all four looked fantastic, and when the wife couldn't choose between two of the choices the chef said she could have a couple of slices of each if she wanted, I must admit I was wondering about wether to have the beef or turkey myself so went for the two slices option, there is also another price if you want extra meat, there was a wide variety of vegetables, which you could have as much of as you wanted, and a selection of different gravy's and sauces to choice from.
It was one of the best Carvery's we have sat down to in a long time, the service from the waitress was done with a smile and you cannot fault the price at £6.95!
The only thing we felt needed attention was the lighting as it seemed a bit dark in the seating area.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Plenty to eat for both Full English and Continnental Breakfasts. The prices for meals in the Gipsy Moth were very reasonable with good portions. Their carvery was all you could eat for £6.95.

Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I used to come here quite often a couple of years ago and the food was always pretty good. Went back today for the carvery to find somewhere a shadow of its former self. It was virtually empty, a bit shabby around the edges and lacking in staff.

I was made to pay for my meal before eating it and had to find myself a table so it looks like the table service of old doesn't happen any more.

Meat on the carvery was fine but the rest was very average to poor. On my experience this time I don't think I will be returning for some time.

1  Thank Craig1976
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Granted I have only been in for a carvery but in my opinion if that is a restaurants main product why not have it! Very nice meat and good veg all for only £6.99! monday to saturday and I believe 8 pounds odd on a sunday.

Overall with drinks and food being reasonable it is a great place to eat and I will be returning and the staff were very friendly and cheery!