“Not the best”

Aqua Mediterranean Bar & Grill
Ranked #25 of 518 Restaurants in Croydon
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aqua Mediterranean Meze Bar and Grill is the brainchild of two highly experienced chefs, Dasos Charalambous and Dario Nardo. Both have trained and worked in some of London's top hotels and seized the chance to open their own restaurant when the right premises came up in South End. Aqua Brasserie Croydon They liked the look of the contemporary-styled eaterie at 33-35 South End and with a few tweaks here and there to lend just a little more sophistication, opened their brasserie. "Our aim is to offer people a place where they can enjoy quality food, at reasonable prices in a place where they can sit and chill," said Dasos. And I have to say the food really is first class. It's nothing too fancy - just simple, quality food cooked to perfection.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

It was far to noisy and cramped (the table was barely big enough to hold an order for two people). We left the best part of a bottle of quite expensive white due to the noise ( I have been to quieter football matches) Oh and the price far to high. Also have a dicky tummy Must have been the sea food starter. Won't be going again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant with good food and helpful staff. I would recommend this restaurant without any hesitation.

1  Thank Edwina N
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've visited Aqua a couple of times before but never on a Sunday. What's nice is that they stay open all day on Sunday enabling people to pop in like we did around 4pm when it's not so busy.
We were planning opn having something from the main menu but when we saw the roasts come out to the table next door our minds were changed so we switched to the Sunday set menu. I had the spaghetti & meatballs starter which was pleasant, the star of the starters though was my husband’s whitebait which were lovely. I'm not a fan of whitebait (I think it's the way they stare at you!) but these were delicious (I nibbled a few as the portion was enormous). The batter they were coated in was crispy & delicious & I'd certainly try them again.
For mains he had the lamb which was so full of flavour & came with roast potatoes that he described as (Almost as good as yours) this is truly impressive as a lot of restaurants seem to struggle with doing a good roastie, they tend to be a bit undercooked most places, but according him they were lovely, crispy on the outside & fluffy in the middle.
I had the confit duck leg which is something I've never tried before & it was very good indeed. The creamy mash was exactly as described & the duck was flavoursome & tender, falling off the bone. At £15 for 2 courses (£17 for 3 if you can cram in a desert!) this comes in at a great price. It’s worth noting that they do add a service charge automatically which I am not a fan of as I like to decide how much/when to tip.
Will certainly visit on a Sunday again.

1  Thank Moley42
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was recommended and did not disappoint. the goats chees starter was actually a meal in itself. so much so that i could hardly manage my main course which was seared salmon and equally as delicious as the starter.
The side dishes are a little more unusual than the norm, try the broccoliwith chilli and garlic!
Great little find

1  Thank Di C
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Excellent Food and First Class Service. I have been many times now with friends and family and it never disappoints. It has got to be the best restaurant on South End. Croydon..

1  Thank Elizabeth C