“Nice restaurant excellent service”

Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill
Ranked #28 of 503 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill is a unique & exciting restaurant in Croydon serving a fusion of Mediterranean & Tex-Mex food in its stylish surroundings.Situated in the South End Restaurant Quarter on the outskirts of Croydon town centre, Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill is renowned for its quality of service; its consistency in offering one of the most versatile and affordable menus in the South London area has also ensured that diners travel from as far as Central London to enjoy the experience. Apatura delivers an ambitious and exciting vision for a dining experience that exudes a touch of class associated with Mayfair and the West End. You can relax and enjoy a cocktail around our illuminated bar before enjoying one of our succulent steaks, sizzling fajita dishes, or one of our popular fish dishes. Our contemporary menu can provide for a number of occasions; from an intimate romantic meal to a birthday celebration; whether a business lunch or a wedding reception, we are certain you will love the experience.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Good looking restaurant and bar. Very comfortable and stylish. Went there as a group for a birthday. Lovely meat and fish platters, followed by duck, seabass and risotto. Everyone said that the food was great and reasonably priced. Good wine list, all nice wines and starting at £17.00 per bottle. Excellent service. A lovely evening had by all. No compulsory service charge and we were all happy to leave a decent tip.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I attended apatura with friends recently, the restaurant itself is great - nice atmosphere and good decoration. The food was good too, apart from the vegetarian main course of sweet potato gnoccchi with an almond paste and wilted spinach sauce. The gnocchi had been overcooked and sadly resembled rather large bullets with the taste overwhelming the sauce. My starter, the vegetarian meze platter and final course, the cheese board was very nice, although holding back on the salad would have made them excellent.

ApaturaRestaurant, Manager at Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we appreciate any feedback from your stay.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the sweet potato gnocchi - as always we strive to deliver the best possible customer experience we can, and your comments ensure that we can raise the bar further. However we're glad that you enjoyed our vegetarian platter - it seems to be very popular at the moment!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We ate here last Thursday. Thoroughly enjoyed the kofte and calamari starters and the main courses of steak (good quality meat beautifully cooked medium rare as requested) and the chicken skewers. First class service - polite and friendly without being oppressive. Nicely cold tap water supplied in bottles. With a bottle of wine and a diet coke the bill came to under £50 for the two of us, which I rate as excellent value for money. We will certainly be going back there.

Dear Madame,

We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We offer 30% off all bottles of wine on Wednesdays if you wanted to explore our wine menu.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Good looking restaurant.
Attentive, friendly and polite service, they made us feel like nothing was too much bother. It is lovely to visit a family run business because the care they put in is obvious.
We enjoyed the meat platter between 3 of us to start (lovely toasted breads and warmed flatbreads - oh and the hummus!)
I had the sea bass for main course and it was cooked perfectly and so flavoursome! My sister-in-law had the lamb cutlets which came with plenty of lovely crunchy fries etc.
The house white wine was crisp and tasty and very reasonable.
We really enjoyed our visit and were made to feel special, thank you!! I would certainly recommend it.

1  Thank LinzRedhill

Dear Madame,

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay - just to let you know that we'll be running some special offers over the Half Term for you to enjoy!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went here for lunch and found we had the restaurant to ourselves apart from one other couple and its quite a big restaurant with a seperate bar area.
The welcome from the manager was warm and friendly and we were soon seated with a champagne cocktail and a coke.
We opted for the seafood sharing platter to start and delivery was preceded by warm bread rolls with tomato paste and balsamic dressing.
The platter was enormous and included a shoal of whitebait, the best kalamari I've ever had, two very large prawns, smoked salmon, anchovies, taramasalata and Greek flatbread. It was all good and suddenly I was wondering if I should have had a lighter main course.
I went for the slow roasted pork belly with pea puree and was so glad that I decided not to have mashed potatoes with it.
The pork was well cooked but I would have liked more of the fat to have been rendered in the cooking but my one gripe was the pea puree with chorizo was just peas with chorizo, not pureed.
My wife had a fillet steak that was cooked perfectly and so soft it cut with a regular knife not a steak knife. That came with some very good chips.
There was nothing I fancied on the dessert menu because of the size of the portions buit I do have sweet tooth so I asked if I could have just ice cream. This was beautifully presented with crushed cinder toffee and slices of chocolate. It didn't appear on the bill and when I raised this the manager said to forget it. That makes me feel slightly churlish because I have to say that they need a better quality of ice cream on the menu.
We chatted with the manager during the meal and found him to be very friendly and good company.
This is a restaurant I wouldn't hesitate to reccommend to friends and family and am looking forward to re-visiting. Next time I'll make sure I don't eat anything else all day before I go!

ApaturaRestaurant, Manager at Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Sir and Madame,

Thank you for visiting our restaurant.

We're delighted that you enjoyed your food and the service- your comments are appreciated and are important in helping us to improve as a restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you to Apatura again.

Best Wishes,