“Gorgeous”

Ranked #28 of 503 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill is a unique & exciting restaurant in Croydon serving a fusion of Mediterranean & Tex-Mex food in its stylish surroundings.Situated in the South End Restaurant Quarter on the outskirts of Croydon town centre, Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill is renowned for its quality of service; its consistency in offering one of the most versatile and affordable menus in the South London area has also ensured that diners travel from as far as Central London to enjoy the experience. Apatura delivers an ambitious and exciting vision for a dining experience that exudes a touch of class associated with Mayfair and the West End. You can relax and enjoy a cocktail around our illuminated bar before enjoying one of our succulent steaks, sizzling fajita dishes, or one of our popular fish dishes. Our contemporary menu can provide for a number of occasions; from an intimate romantic meal to a birthday celebration; whether a business lunch or a wedding reception, we are certain you will love the experience.
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Good looking restaurant.
Attentive, friendly and polite service, they made us feel like nothing was too much bother. It is lovely to visit a family run business because the care they put in is obvious.
We enjoyed the meat platter between 3 of us to start (lovely toasted breads and warmed flatbreads - oh and the hummus!)
I had the sea bass for main course and it was cooked perfectly and so flavoursome! My sister-in-law had the lamb cutlets which came with plenty of lovely crunchy fries etc.
The house white wine was crisp and tasty and very reasonable.
We really enjoyed our visit and were made to feel special, thank you!! I would certainly recommend it.

1  Thank LinzRedhill
ApaturaRestaurant, Manager at Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we appreciate any feedback from your stay.

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay - just to let you know that we'll be running some special offers over the Half Term for you to enjoy!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went here for lunch and found we had the restaurant to ourselves apart from one other couple and its quite a big restaurant with a seperate bar area.
The welcome from the manager was warm and friendly and we were soon seated with a champagne cocktail and a coke.
We opted for the seafood sharing platter to start and delivery was preceded by warm bread rolls with tomato paste and balsamic dressing.
The platter was enormous and included a shoal of whitebait, the best kalamari I've ever had, two very large prawns, smoked salmon, anchovies, taramasalata and Greek flatbread. It was all good and suddenly I was wondering if I should have had a lighter main course.
I went for the slow roasted pork belly with pea puree and was so glad that I decided not to have mashed potatoes with it.
The pork was well cooked but I would have liked more of the fat to have been rendered in the cooking but my one gripe was the pea puree with chorizo was just peas with chorizo, not pureed.
My wife had a fillet steak that was cooked perfectly and so soft it cut with a regular knife not a steak knife. That came with some very good chips.
There was nothing I fancied on the dessert menu because of the size of the portions buit I do have sweet tooth so I asked if I could have just ice cream. This was beautifully presented with crushed cinder toffee and slices of chocolate. It didn't appear on the bill and when I raised this the manager said to forget it. That makes me feel slightly churlish because I have to say that they need a better quality of ice cream on the menu.
We chatted with the manager during the meal and found him to be very friendly and good company.
This is a restaurant I wouldn't hesitate to reccommend to friends and family and am looking forward to re-visiting. Next time I'll make sure I don't eat anything else all day before I go!

ApaturaRestaurant, Manager at Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Sir and Madame,

Thank you for visiting our restaurant.

We're delighted that you enjoyed your food and the service- your comments are appreciated and are important in helping us to improve as a restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you to Apatura again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went to Apatura for their Sunday lunch (2 courses £14.95, 3 courses £16.95). The building which was once a pub has been converted to become a tasteful restaurant and bar.

We started with Soup of the Day (Asparagus soup) which was delicious and had fresh stalks of asparagus within the soup and Breaded Lemon Sole Goujons with Garlic and Herb Mayo. We were given tomato bread, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sun dried tomato paste prettily presented - complimentary at no charge. For main course, we both chose Roast Topside of Beef with Roast Potatoes, Honey Roast Carrots, Parsnips, Yorkshire Pudding and Red Wine Gravy. It was all good. The Yorkshire puddings were clearly home-made that day and not bought in. For dessert one chose Warm Chocolate Fudge Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream and Fudge Sauce.

The food was excellent for the price. What made the experience special was the service throughout - the personable waiter who greeted us on arrival and discretely checked that we were satisfied with the meal at each course. A nice touch was that the plates were delivered from the kitchen (which we could see through an open door) to the table by the chef who clearly takes pride and care in the dishes that are being served. The manager (owner?) was actively involved in the service and brought the dessert to our table. In summary everyone seemed to be involved and interested in the customers satisfaction. A delightful Sunday lunch.

ApaturaRestaurant, Manager at Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Sir,

We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay - we also have live music from 7:30pm until late on a Sunday night if you were looking for a relaxed end to a stressful week :)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have picked Apatura as our engagement party venue and could not be happier, not only are the staff amazing the Manager, Cem, very accommodating - giving us several menu options. The place is gorgeous, dark woods and creams and the beautiful butterflies everywhere just makes this a light, airy and thoroughly sophiscated venue. There is a mini garden outside for all the smokers as well as an impressive bar area with sofas (and fireplaces!!).

The food, is just something else. Fresh as though it's come straight out of the ground and onto your plate, with variety I've not seen in a long time. Inviting and tasty dishes - the starter was gorgeous and I recommend the Articoke Salad. Yummyyyy. As well as reasonable.

This place is a real find, you'd be daft to just walk past!

Dear Madame,

We're thrilled that you enjoyed your engagement party. We like to think of ourselves as a venue that can cater for anything, and therefore we love to throw a good party where everyone can have fun.

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I have just come back from a fantastic family meal. The atmosphere is both smart and relaxing, the menu is simple but superb and the service is perfect. The manager could not have done more to help me with my fussy son and they provided him with pasta which was not on the menu. The chocolate brownie dessert was the best I have ever tasted. I can't recommend this restaurant enough. Superb

Dear Madame,

We pride ourselves on being a child-friendly restaurant and as our owner has a young child himself, he knows how fussy children can be, hence the open-ended menu!