“Very disappointing. Very poor customer service.”
Review of Buenos Aires Restaurant - CLOSED

Buenos Aires Restaurant
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: THIS RESTAURANT IS NOW CLOSED. THERE WILL BE A NEW RESTAURANT OPENING SOON IN HORSHAM!!
London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing. Very poor customer service.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Had a flyer from this restaurant it said:

Tuesdays
2x1 Meals
(Cheapest one for free.
For every 2 starters / 2 mains from our main menu)

Booked a table for 5 and asked how the special offer would apply. They said and I quote "the fifth person would have to pay full price, what more do you want, it's a good deal"

Not the response I would expect and a little mean I thought. It's a shame as the steaks are nice.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank nuckleberry

“Perfect steak”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had originally intended to eat elsewhere but fortunately ended up here instead!

After an amuse bouche of bread and oil infused with oregano, we shared a starter of Chicken Empanadas. These were very good but not as good as the steaks which were superb - cooked exactly as they should be, moist and full of flavour, certainly the best steak either of us can remember eating. Obviously focusing on what they're good at, the menu is limited and mainly consists of steak that aren't cheap but, if you love steak, worth the price. There is a chicken, a burger and a vegetarian option too for anyone in your party who isn't a steak lover.

This place is well worth a visit but as it's a small restaurant, you may want to book in advance.

• Visited February 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Red Meat as it should be!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

When I was in Rome for a while I found B'aires restaurants there to get some real (i.e. US style) steaks. When I saw an Argentina steakhouse when visiting family in Croydon over the New Year there was no way I was going to miss out. The steaks are first rate; we had the fillet and the ribeye. They were cooked exactly as we wanted and side-dishes were perfect. The wine is first rate too--I had an Argentinian red, of course. The restaurant is very cozy (=tiny!) but you don't feel like you're on top of each other. The staff is great, especially our Peruvian waitress. Prices are about right for what you get and for the locale. Great for any Yank looking for USDA-esque red meat!

“A gem in Croydon”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

One of our local favourites. Romantic atmosphere and good steak and red wine options. Friendly staff.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank SCP19
“A terrible rip off”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Really not worth it. The rump steak I had there was very overpriced and quite tough. The sides are very expensive. I felt robbed.