“Update on my previous review”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Order Online
Ranked #28 of 557 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed April 13, 2019

I reviewed this Wagamama in March, but did my review too quick. This is the only time I have eaten anywhere with my daughter, but after eating here we were both violently ill. I commented to the waitress at the time that my chicken looked undercooked, but she was nonplussed. We ate on the Thursday, and by Saturday I was being sick and had diarrhoea for 4 days - my daughter was the same. I reported this to Enviromental Health. I had an email from 'customer services' that claimed all their 'procedures and documents were in place' - of course that doesn't cater for some idiot cooking chicken for 5 mins rather than 15 mins. Wagamama - NEVER again.

Date of visit: March 2019
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

hi there, we are extremely sorry to hear about your experience - this must have been so awful for you + your daughter

we understand that you have already spoken with customer services regarding this however if you would like this taken further please feel free to either comment on the social media pages for the team to pick up or fill in the following form - https://www.wagamama.com/contact-us

many thanks

Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

Me, my sister and best friend decided to meet up for the first time this year. We walked into Wagamama at 5pm and a lovely waiter greeted us.
We were seated immediately and given time to quickly catch up.
The staff didn’t interrupt us and came up to us when we started looking at the menu and also didn’t assume that we were ready. She offered us something to drink while we looked over the menu some more.
The menu itself was very clear to read and stated exactly what came in the ordered dish. They even had a little section to tell you the difference between the 3 types of noodles.
I thought it was very clever how the waitress wrote our order number on our table mat in order to avoid confusion.
If you want to eat at Wagamama you need to not eat a meal before hand because the portion size were quite big. So much so that I was gutted I couldn’t finish my dish.
The staff were very kind and also intuitive. I was taking pictures and they offered to take one of all of us. When paying the bill they were very patient as we were fighting over who got to pay and in the end we just split the bill between ourselves. While that was going on the waiter did not look frustrated or angry or bored he just waited till we were ready.

Date of visit: April 2019
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

we feel very happy that we were the re-union spot! thanks for deciding to visit us. it's good to know that you were all seated quickly + you were all pleased with the menu - there's lots to try, so we'd love for you to visit again one day! we appreciate all the kind words regarding the portions, service + food more than you'd probably expect, so thank you! until next time!

Reviewed April 3, 2019

Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent menu and food and location. Clean restaurant, staff eager to assist and give recommendations

Date of visit: March 2019
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

thank you for all the kind words, along with your positive review rating. hopefully we can welcome you back with us in the future, to try + go for that perfect 5/5 visit

Reviewed March 15, 2019

Very helpful staff and great Japanese food but not sushi. The staff knew what each dish was and could give advice.

Date of visit: March 2019
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2019

we're delighted to hear you enjoyed your meal charles, thank you very much for your great review! we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

I am sat here enjoying a beautiful coconut and Fig cheesecake, with a scoop of Reiki ice cream and Rose wine. Croydon wagamama always has a lovely vibe, but I'm enjoying it even more this evening as I've had a really nice server called Emmanuel who has chatted to me and given me lots of great menu options. Highly recommend this place guys! Never had a bad experience here! Alice x

Date of visit: March 2019
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2019

it's great to read that have never had a bad experience with us. thank you so much for leaving a great review!