All reviews east croydon station pool and gym bigger room extra pillows central london whitgift shopping centre good size enjoyed my stay booked this hotel gatwick airport train jacuzzi plug jury kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2019

can hear everything going on in other people room .
when their for work sleeping easy due to loud music playing until 3 am and can hear this from 3 floors up
washing and drying clothes prices ie 5.00 for one t-shirr can go down street and do whole large load for 11.00 . rooms small and have no room to move around , TV dont work have mo signal.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nishant B, General Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansdowne Hotel in Croydon.
I am sorry that you felt that our hotel did not meet your expectations of a three star property. As a management team we openly welcome feedback from our guests regarding their experiences of our hotel, whether positive or negative, as we find it to be an invaluable tool for catering for our customer’s expectations and continually improving our standards of product and service.

I do hope very much that you will return to the hotel in the future, as we do try our utmost to enable all our guests to enjoy their experience.

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Anthony was fantastic and so accommodating. I asked if he could do something a little extra, as it was our 1st wedding anniversary, he managed to have a nice cold bottle of fizz in our room on arrival. Such a shame to hear it will be being knocked down to make way for a new tower.

Only negative was the noise from the gym when trying to recover from a hangover on a Saturday morning.

Adam

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nishant B, General Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel.

We really appreciate your feedback, as this is our best resource for improving our guest services, which we are always trying to do.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2019

I booked this hotel as it was conveniently located on the return from Gatwick airport, being only twenty minutes journey by car. As a location Croydon is convenient for public transport into central london without having to endure the traffic and the stress of finding somewhere nearer to the centre of London. The hotel itself is clean, rooms are spacious and quiet as long as they are at the back of the hotel. The surrounding neighbourhood of East Croydon is grim. The lightless grey buildings tower around you like the set of Terry Gilliams Brazil, showing no signs of life, the porches occupied here and there by homeless people wrapped in dirty duvets. The overall impression is that a nuclear disaster happened here leaving casualties dying in the shadows. This is all so strange because of the Parking which appears to be the main income stream for Croydon, since there was not a foot of the curb which was not subject to parking regulation 24/7. Free parking was available from midnight to 8am, but 2 hours max on all the streets around including saturdays and sundays. The NCP and shopping car parks charge about three pounds an hour. My advice, travel further into the local areas where there are less tower blocks, more friendly local hotels and free parking.

Room tip: fourth floor
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Nishant B, General Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and there was a private party happening downstairs at the restaurant which is not run by the hotel but is directly underneath. The party went on until 3am in the morning playing extremely loud music and guests lingering outside until 4am keeping the party going which kept me an my partner up the entire night. I am aware that this is not part of the hotel but they should give their guests a heads up and give them the option to stay or to go elsewhere. I complained that night to the reception staff who said they party finished at 2am which was a blatant lie. I was asked to email the general manager Nishant Barua to complain which she replied 3 days later basically telling me there is nothing she can do and accused me of lying that I didn’t complain to reception that night. I have replied to her email and it has now been 4 weeks and I still haven’t received a reply from Nishant. Absolutely shocking service. I don’t want an apology or a gesture to stay another night at your hotel as I will not be staying there again! Hotel smells of musk and the carpets need a good clean!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nishant B, General Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay with my boyfriend. We got the superior double room based on reviews that said the standard double could be quite small but honestly the superior double was just *massive* definitely didn’t need that much space. The pool and gym are pretty decent too! They hotel also has a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi as well which is defo an added bonus. The room even provided toothbrushes and a shaver which I was impressed by until I realised they didn’t have an iron which my partner definitely could’ve done with. Tv was small but had a HDMI port so we were able to plug our phone in and watch movies. The best part of it all was probably how helpful the staff were. From explaining parking, to telling us the nice restaurants around we could go to. My partner and I totally overstayed in the pool on our last day and missed our check out time. The guy at reception told us not to worry at all and just get all our stuff ready as soon as we could. If you want a quick get away that still allows you to enjoy the centre of Croydon it’s the perfect destination.

Date of stay: December 2018