All reviews east croydon station pool and gym bigger room extra pillows central london good size whitgift shopping centre enjoyed my stay booked this hotel gatwick airport train jacuzzi plug jury kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2019

I booked this hotel as it was conveniently located on the return from Gatwick airport, being only twenty minutes journey by car. As a location Croydon is convenient for public transport into central london without having to endure the traffic and the stress of finding somewhere nearer to the centre of London. The hotel itself is clean, rooms are spacious and quiet as long as they are at the back of the hotel. The surrounding neighbourhood of East Croydon is grim. The lightless grey buildings tower around you like the set of Terry Gilliams Brazil, showing no signs of life, the porches occupied here and there by homeless people wrapped in dirty duvets. The overall impression is that a nuclear disaster happened here leaving casualties dying in the shadows. This is all so strange because of the Parking which appears to be the main income stream for Croydon, since there was not a foot of the curb which was not subject to parking regulation 24/7. Free parking was available from midnight to 8am, but 2 hours max on all the streets around including saturdays and sundays. The NCP and shopping car parks charge about three pounds an hour. My advice, travel further into the local areas where there are less tower blocks, more friendly local hotels and free parking.

Room tip: fourth floor
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Nishant B, General Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansdowne Hotel in Croydon.
I am sorry that you felt that our hotel did not meet your expectations of a three star property. As a management team we openly welcome feedback from our guests regarding their experiences of our hotel, whether positive or negative, as we find it to be an invaluable tool for catering for our customer’s expectations and continually improving our standards of product and service.

I do hope very much that you will return to the hotel in the future, as we do try our utmost to enable all our guests to enjoy their experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and there was a private party happening downstairs at the restaurant which is not run by the hotel but is directly underneath. The party went on until 3am in the morning playing extremely loud music and guests lingering outside until 4am keeping the party going which kept me an my partner up the entire night. I am aware that this is not part of the hotel but they should give their guests a heads up and give them the option to stay or to go elsewhere. I complained that night to the reception staff who said they party finished at 2am which was a blatant lie. I was asked to email the general manager Nishant Barua to complain which she replied 3 days later basically telling me there is nothing she can do and accused me of lying that I didn’t complain to reception that night. I have replied to her email and it has now been 4 weeks and I still haven’t received a reply from Nishant. Absolutely shocking service. I don’t want an apology or a gesture to stay another night at your hotel as I will not be staying there again! Hotel smells of musk and the carpets need a good clean!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nishant B, General Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansdowne Hotel in Croydon.

Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay with my boyfriend. We got the superior double room based on reviews that said the standard double could be quite small but honestly the superior double was just *massive* definitely didn’t need that much space. The pool and gym are pretty decent too! They hotel also has a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi as well which is defo an added bonus. The room even provided toothbrushes and a shaver which I was impressed by until I realised they didn’t have an iron which my partner definitely could’ve done with. Tv was small but had a HDMI port so we were able to plug our phone in and watch movies. The best part of it all was probably how helpful the staff were. From explaining parking, to telling us the nice restaurants around we could go to. My partner and I totally overstayed in the pool on our last day and missed our check out time. The guy at reception told us not to worry at all and just get all our stuff ready as soon as we could. If you want a quick get away that still allows you to enjoy the centre of Croydon it’s the perfect destination.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We didn’t have very high expectations due to the price we paid. However all our expectations were exceeded, the staff were excellent, the pool area was spotless, free towels, padlocks etc. Extremely comfortable bed and huge ensuite. The in house restaurant SalVe was superb.
All in all we couldn’t have asked for more, would certainly stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Nishant B, General Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and sharing your experiences with everyone.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Lansdowne Hotel! Your comments are a delight to read and thank you once again for taking the time to share your experiences.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say we very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2018

I really enjoyed my stay in the hotel. The staff was really nice and the Fitness and swimming pool area is really worthy.It's only two stops far from Victoria Station, which is very convenient. The rooms were very clean, fully equipped with a private bathroom. Very silent at night.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nishant B, General Manager at The Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel.

We really appreciate your feedback, as this is our best resource for improving our guest services, which we are always trying to do.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.