“Croydon Park is so good”
Review of Croydon Park Hotel

Croydon Park Hotel
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Excellent hotel. Bar so cosy and nice to sit in. Restaurant food is 10 star. Cannot be bettered. Fish is a speciality here, meat is perfectly cooked, vegetables such a great selection. Rooms brilliant, staff so helpful and friendly. Stayed her on 5 occasions, never had a problem, perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms we stayed in were good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter L
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear PeterL382

Thanks for leaving us a review here. I am absolutely delighted to see that after your fifth visit you are still calling it 'perfect'. Your kind comments will be passed to my colleagues who I am sure will be as delighted as I am.

Its my hope that by now you are already planning visit number 6. See you soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel is rated as a 4* and appears to be a typical 60's building with the decor to suit. In my opinion, it could do with an upgrade.
My biggest concern was the duvet cover which only covered three-quarters of the duvet. It wasn't immediately noticeable until one pulled the duvet out from where it had been 'tucked-in'. There's no FREE wi-fi in the room either.
It's not in the best part of town, but easily accessible for buses, tram and train services and the food is good, although expect to wait a long time for any al-a-carte meal.
It has a small pool and gym, which is probably why it gets a 4* rating.
The staff were fairly friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Malc B

Dear MalcB914

Thanks for leaving us a review here. whilst we do agree that our building is not the newest, however, the character that it offers cannot be faulted.

Last year we started an intense upgrade program which saw to a total re-vamp of our Reception, Lobby and Bar area and some of our bedrooms. This program is continuing to other areas.

Wi-Fi is complimentary throughout the hotel. The code to access the Wi-Fi would have been inserted in your room key card. I am really sorry if you were unable to gain access.

The serving time for the a-la-carte order will vary as it depends on the meal that was ordered and how full the restaurant is, but I can assure you that quality and speed go hand in hand to make your dining experience a great one.

Its my hope that the next time you are in town you will come back to us.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The hotel is run down and looks quite shabby in the common areas such as reception and the restaurant. The rooms are ok, not great, things like a terrible hairdryer, were irritating. The reception staff though were very helpful and the housekeeping was good. Overall for the cost I would expect better, the reason to stay here is simply the location as is so close to the centre and the station.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank mulika01
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear mulika01

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

Our hotel reception area was thoroughly refurbished last year, in-fact it was totally changed, therefore its a little concerning that you would describe it as shabby.

Your kind comments about my colleagues will be passed on.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I am fairly surprised that this is a four star hotel - it seems more like a three star. Maybe if it were, people would expect less!
Overall, it is ok, but our room (320) left a little to be desired: the bed was perfectly comfortable, but it was so near to the wall that one side did not have a bedside table and had to put glass of water, specs, phone etc. on the floor at night, which is not satisfactory at all. Also the person on that side of the bed had to sidle along the wall to get out of bed! Not very 4*! The bathroom, although it looked very nice and modern, had awful plumbing - the taps were stiff and awkward, and impossible to get the temperature right either for a bath or a shower. Also the washbasin was cracked. We did report this at reception when we left - had we been staying more that the two nights we were there, we would have compained at the time but it didn't really seem worth it.
We did not use the restaurant, so can't comment on the food, but we would have used the bar, had it not been for the fact that there is a huge big screen TV all over one wall, and it blared football for the whole evening (admittedly it was Saturday/Sunday and there were big games on - even so..!) And because it is a bit off the beaten track, we don't know of any pubs close by for an alternative! However, the location, (right next to East Croydon Station), is perfect if you need to get to London!
There is an adequate car park, but it is underneath the building and there is no lift. So when we checked in, we had to haul our luggage either up a very narrow and steep staircase or round the slope used by the cars.
On the plus side, the receptionists were pleasant and efficient, we liked the spa (although I think there should be a bit more supervision - a lot of the time there was only one member of staff on duty, who was mostly behind a desk from where he could not see the jacuzzi and half of the pool).
All in all, I would probably come here again, but I think it should either try a bit harder to live up to its rating, or admit it is a 3* and adjust its prices accordingly!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank citybreakfan33

Dear citybreakfan33

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

All your points have been noted and will be addressed accordingly.

In the future please feel free to stop at the front of the hotel and unload your vehicle, before you drive into the car park. Our porters will be more than happy to assist you with this and look after your luggage until you come back into the hotel.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Firstly I will complement the staff on being very reasonable and accommodating this to me is half the battle when you have one or two issues. The rooms are dated and I was surprised that one room I was given had no thermostatic control on the shower, this is a serious problem (room 527). I scalded myself and it would be very dangerous for a child. I ended up being moved twice so I had 3 rooms in total. This was owing to what can only be described as appalling wifi signals. I started in 401 and could not get a signal at all. I complained and was moved to 527. Intermittent signal and the wifi kept cutting out. I complained again and eventually moved to 428 where the wifi connected and was about 75% on my iPhone. Remember this is a business hotel! Totally unacceptable and needs to be addressed by the hotel as it is a joke not being able to use your laptop in your room for work. Another point is the quality of the iron supplied I know a small point but my first iron blew up and I asked the reception desk for another one. They are cheap and prone to leak and go bang.
Finally and sorry to add another complaint but room 527 has a terrible shower screen to the point where I completely flooded the bathroom and spent 10 minutes on my hands and knees mopping up the floor using the bath mat.
As a bed to travel into London you could do worse but some of the points above are really basic and need urgent attention.
Sorry I also just remembered the decorating of the breakfast lounge. My first morning was accompanied by the smell of emulsion and signs telling me to beware of wet paint. You are joking Croydon Park! Why would you paint the walls just before breakfast?

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dxbreviewer1
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Croydon Park Hotel is the one of the best hotels situated in East Croydon. The hotel staff are cooperative soft spoken and always welcome you by a smile. The entire hotel building is neat, clean and well maintained. Ample entry area, good reception points. The passages leading to the suite are clean and vacuumed daily. The executive suits well organised and clean. The suite contains double bed, sofa, reading table, television set and temperature control and are very comfortable to live in. The Hotel also equips with a H2O leisure club, spa Oscars Brasserie and Whistlers Bar. The morning breakfast treat is excellent providing wide variety of healthy breakfast options. I recommend whenever I visit London Croydon Park hotel would be my proffered option..

Room Tip: Executive Suite rooms on the 1st Floor and 2nd floor are excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear david4you

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

We cant wait to have you back. It always pleases us when our guest leaves us having had a great stay, as that's one of our aims.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just back from a weekend away and stayed here. We had a lovely room, spacious and clean, couldn't fault it and although the view was overlooking buildings etc (it is a town hotel so not surprising really), we'd be happy to stay again. A light lunch in 'Whistlers' and a delicious breakfast the next day in 'Oscars', where we were met with a really good range of cereal's, juices, fruits, pastries and a decent hot buffet for a full English. Yes it is a corporate type hotel, but we found all the staff, efficient yet pleasant. We will be happy to stay there again. Well done Croydon Park!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnieW631

Dear AnnieW631

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I am very pleased to see that all aspect of your stay was great. your kind comments will be passed on to my colleague who will be pleased to hear that they enhanced your stay.

We do hope you make it back to us soon.