“nice place, but shop for a bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Croydon Park Hotel

Croydon Park Hotel
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Croydon
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“nice place, but shop for a bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice hotel, I had to wait almost 15 minutes to register as the receptionist was on duty alone and was taking enquireis for the gym. I booked a superior room through laterooms.com and got a real bargain, large room, almost a suite, plus robe and slippers etc for the price of a normal room. On saying that, it was nice, comfortable and clean but faceless and corporate.The bar is ok with a decent selection of beers and lager and reasonably priced food.
There was nothing to complain about and nothing to really praise, just ok.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear TonyM

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

All your points are noted.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here one night on business. Check in was smooth, the room OK, clean well laid out but just felt a bit dated. The food was very good and the staff spot on. I will stay here again when next in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank myboyjim
Dear myboyjim

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

Its very pleasing to see that all went well with your stay, you kind word will be shared with my colleagues, and we do look forward to welcoing you back when you are in the area.

Redditch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Rooms are a good size, and very comfortable. The challenge is that the decor is very dated, but I will say this...

The air con is the most powerful I have ever come across! Made the stay much more comfortable in the muggy late September I stayed.

Overall, service was very good, the bar is quite good with a good selection. Proximity to the train station is what sells it here as well as the fact that the rooms are very quiet. that for me is "a good thing"

Good value too, and in all likelihood, I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a "deluxe" if you can.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DamienKeegan
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear DamienKeegan

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

All your points are noted..

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

There is no choice in this area of good quality hotels and this may be why the hotel is as it is. The room (a junior suite) was a reasonable price for London - but this is not London and very much downtown Croydon. Spacious, clean but dated and in need of a makeover. Shower basic and cheap shower gels etc. The service was vaguely well intentioned but poor in practice. If you want a place to sleep which is reasonable and with ok facilities, and v close to the station, this is fine, Just don't expect any luxury - they get the 4 stars for the health club and 24 recep and not much more!
As written above, no good competition to up their game - owned by an Indian investment company with a large portfolio. Make your own judgement!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear katiefox

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I can assure you that it takes a whole lot more than Leisure Club and 24hr reception to obtain and sustain our 4 star rating. I am not sure why you would say that the hotel is owned by an indian company with a large portfolio.

S Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've stayed at the Croydon Park on several occasions when visiting London. There are cheaper options nearby but have always found the Park the best choice. I booked as a single person for a reunion with ex works colleagues but was given a large double room which was very clean and tidy.

As on previous occasions the reception staff were friendly and helpful and the booking in and out process quick and painless. I had a few drinks with friends in the hotel bar and although prices were a bit more than the high street the atmosphere was pleasant and comfortable.

I did not eat in the hotel on this occasion as I was dining out with friends but on previous occasions Oscars restaurant was always enjoyable.

I will continue to use this hotel when visiting Croydon as I've never been dissapointed with the experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank shiner54
Dear shiner54

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I am really happy to see that as a returning guest you have always found us to be great. Thats really pleasing to us, as ensuring that all our guest have a great time with us is our priority.

We do looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on vacation with our baby. They did provide a crib (cot) for the baby. The hotel is dated but was overall ok. My husband enjoyed the sauna. For the price, they should include breakfast. We ate in the restaurant for lunch one day which was a buffet. It was ok though maybe overpriced (about 15 pounds each).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KAF32082
Dear KAF32082

Thanks for leaving us a review here. We give guests the option of booking their reservations with or withour breakfast, so the next time you book try our breakfast option, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I recently stayed in the Croydon Park Hotel for a week when in Croydon for work. The hotel is in an ideal location as it is close to East Croydon train station, and it isn't far into the centre of Croydon.

The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. When I arrived on Sunday evening I found that the lock on my rooms window was broken, and the window would not shut. After phoning reception, it didn't take them long to send someone to look at it and then arrange for an alternative room when they couldn't fix it.

The rooms are quite spacious and very clean. Breakfast is also good with a wide range of choices.

The gym was not great as it was in two sections, with cardio downstairs and weights upstairs. There is not a lot of room in the weights area and so it would be quite difficult to train there if it was busy.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again if I visited Croydon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kate H
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear KateH

Thaks for leaving us a review here.

Here at The croydon Park Hotel its our wish that all our guest will leave having had a great stay, so that they will desire to return. I am so glad that in your case our wish has come through. Looking forward to hosting you agin in the near future.