“london stay”

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Belfast
“london stay”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We looked for somewhere to stay between Gatwick and London. We have stayed in the Croydon area before and found this to be to close to the best in the area. Very clean hotel. Staff very helpful and food excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear David B,
Thanks for your review of our hotel. I am glad you found us to be a very clean hotel with excellent food and very helpful staff.
Thanks for taking the time to give your review.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The rooms have not been updated since it was built. Most things are worn out. A/C is too noisy and controls not effective. Staff were very helpful and friendly. But overall this is not a value for money hotel. Worst Hilton I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank John P
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear John P,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
I am sorry that you were not impressed with our hotel and found it to be dated. The hotel does have a number of projects in place to improve its presentation and I do hope you will try us again in the future.

regards

bolton
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed weekend 2 nights- no noise issues. easy free parking but no free wifi. Extremely comfortable bed. Best buffet hotel breakfast have had in UK with quality bacon and sausages. Cook on egg station very competent for eggs, waffles etc to order. Even brought warm milk for toddler ( stayed and ate free). Only issue was very limited number of TV channels available ( even double checked with reception)- no CBeebies in room both days. Overall very good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Boltonsam,
Thanks for your review. I am glad that everything was to your satisfaction. Regarding WiFi, this is available on a complimentary basis in our Business Centre and in our Lobby/Bar area and our television channels are being reviewed on a regular basis.
Thank you for your honest review.
regards

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Hilton Hotel Croyden was mostly exactly what we expected from a leading brand. We were disappointed by a few small details; the lack of biscuits in our Junior Suite, the diluted freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast and the fact that our window would not shut properly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Adrian D
Dear Adrian D,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was glad to read that you found our hotel to be what you expected of a leading brand. I do apologise for the few issues mentioned in your review and I will be looking into these to ensure there are no reocurrances in the future.
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Scotland
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was visiting family and had a choice of several hotels in this area, the premier inn should've been my choice. The room was far far outdated and in dire need of a revamp, the bathroom, did I step back in time? i'm 6'1 and the shower head was at my shoulders, I had to duck down so to wet my head, with the shower rail hanging off and bowed I can safely say this Hilton hotel is letting down the chain, what is helping this hotel is the staff and the 'larder lounge' loose these and i'd be seriously questioning the cost to stay here. not one of my best stays and def will not be returning unfortunately.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tony_L_007,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry that you felt your room was the worst Hilton room you have ever had. Though our rooms have not been recently refurbished, our simple aim is for our rooms to be ultra clean and to meet or exceed expectation, so I am sorry we did not hit this in your eyes.

The hotel does have a number of projects in place to improve its presentation and I do hope you will give us a chance to show you this in the future.

Many thanks
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is perfect. Each time I am going to London I choose this hotel. The price is fine and the service is excellent. The room is clean and the bed very confortable. The staff is very helpful and kind. Strongly advise this hotel to anyone

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jean Stephane R,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was glad to read that you found our hotel and services to be excellent with clean rooms and very comfortable beds.
Our aim at Hilton Croydon is to have our guests enjoy their stay and leave wanting to return.
Thanks once again.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights (31 Oct to 1 Nov) and loved it. I agree with other comments about the rooms being a little dated but they were big and clean; what more could you want. The breakfast is better than any other hotel we've stayed in. The staff were lovely, in particular the girl that looked after us at breakfast. She even remembered which table we'd sat at on the first morning and asked if we wanted the same one.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jalwilli,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found everything to your satisfaction during your stay with us, enjoyed our breakifast buffet and found staff to be very helpful.
I will be passing your compliments onto our F&B staff mentioned in your review.
Regards