“Hilton Hotel Purley Way”

Hilton London Croydon
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Hilton Hotel Purley Way”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hotel staff were fine & helpful but the room furniture was tatty & worn, TV was rubbish only 7 or 8 channels offered even though there is Freeview available, curtains falling off the wall, no free WiFi for guests,would think twice about staying here again,,, expected more from a Hilton Hotel.

3 Thank Colin M
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Colin M,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our staff very friendly and helpful. I am sorry that you feel the room was not up to expectation. Our simple aim is to have our rooms ultra clean and to meet or exceed expectation wherever possible, so I very much regret we did not hit this in your eyes.

Regarding the issues you experienced, I would appreciate it if you would inform us during your stay of any issues so that we can resolve them straightaway to ensure a more comfortable stay for you. We do, however provide complimentary WiFi in our lobby/bar areas and in our Business centre.

Thanks once again for taking the time to write a review.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A little way out of town but worth it with car parking charges

Friendly staff

bar prices a little expensive 1 pint of Boddingtons and a bottle of Becks £7.89

Round the corner 100 yard walk you Macdonalds, Subway, Pizza, Chinese and Indian food hall. Decent food and far cheaper. You also have Pizza Hut, and a pub with far cheaper prices, Opposite the hotel you have T J Fridays, There is a direct bus service into Croydon .

The rooms were very clean tidy and huge we had a double room and each bed was a double, only one complaint no biscuits, and restricted milk and coffee alowence

Room Tip: go there but eat and drink next door
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Welshman1949,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel. I am pleased that you found the room to expectation and received good service from the team.

Being centrally located, we do have a wealth of nearby restaurants and bars to choose from so I am glad you took advantage of this. That said, we also have a fantastic restaurant and bar at the Hotel which is a little pricier than the high street but does offer some premium alternatives that I hope you will try next time.

I am going to contact you directly through trip advisor so we can add additional tea, coffee and biscuits to your guest profile when you next stay with Hilton. We do not restrict the availability of these so we will aim to anticipate your needs for future stays.

Thanks again for the feedback

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had two of the junior suites booked. We arrived at 4.30pm and one of the rooms still wasn't ready. Our air conditioning wasn't working and when we complained they said they'd look into it. We heard nothing more and in the end we requested a fan instead and received a tiny plastic fan which did pretty much nothing. Air conditioning was the main reason we chose this venue. There were empty sweet wrappers behind the sofa, no hand soap, and the TV channel and radio station selection were very limited. There was also some sort of industrial building next door which was really loud until well after 11pm on a sunday night which we were not aware of. We were happy with the bar service and the staff were polite if unable to resolve issues which is why I'm giving it 2 stars instead if 1. Really not what I expected of the Hilton group.

Room Tip: Ask for one with functioning air con, as far away from the building next door as possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear elmit2013,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel after your recent stay. I am sorry that your experience was not to expectation. I was disappointed to read of the AC issue in your room. We have a number of procedures to ensure that issues are rectified before our guests arrive so this is something I will be addressing with the team.

I am glad that you were happy with the bar service and the staff. I have discussed the contents of your review with the team so that appropriate lessons are learnt from your review.

Many thanks

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The team were welcoming an even did a prompt room swap when I requested. Their professionalism is genuine and sincere. They were full of smiles and very willing to help with everything. The cleaners showed sensitivity and provided us with all the extra linen requested.

Dear Yawinski Y,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I am glad that you found our staff to be very helpful and enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward tro welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards
South Orange, NJ, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

It will be wonderful if Hilton management includes free continental breakfast as part of their guest room package. Another issue worthy of mention is the lack of available TV channels in the guest rooms. Only the major TV stations were accessible from the guest room at the Hilton Croydon, London. I was not able to watch most of the sports channels.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Godson O,
Thanks for reviewing the hotel. I am pleased that your stay was enjoyable. Although we would not be able to include complimentary breakfast for all guests without increasing our prices, our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members can however opt have a complimentary breakfast. So if you are able to stay with Hilton regularly this is a great perk.

I am sorry you could not watch sport in your room but we do offer all sky channels including the new BT sports channels in our bar so I hope you will take advantage of this in future.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here for nearly 3mnths whilst moving to the area and I thought it was fantastic, very well managed and always polite and friendly. Always clean and often gave me free meals (due to the size of my overall bill!). Couldn't recommend highly enough!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Deborah E
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi Deborah E,

Many Thanks for the review. I was pleased to read of your pleasant stay. I can imagine 3 months away from home would be tough on anyone so I am delighted that we could make it a home from home and that the team recognised your long stay.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Booked the Hilton Croydon for a stay in April via a hotel booking site - it was a non-refundable deal. We were unable to make our trip due to a family drama - the Hilton very kindly allowed us to postpone our stay until July.
Had a friendly easy check in and our room was nice - aircon already going to bring the temperature of the room down. Free carparking - a bonus. Had a quick drink in the bar - the staff were very friendly and professional. On returning to the room we requested additional pillows from reception which arrived in the room ten minutes later. Shower was powerful and nice products in the room. The breakfast was great - definitely one of the best hotel buffet we have had. Lots of choice, very well cooked, good presentation. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff here. A very good hotel at a very good price. Would definitely stop there again and recommend to anyone who is visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saraandstuart
DRHotelManager, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Saraandstuart,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found everything to your satisfaction as our aim at Hilton Croydon is to have our guests enjoy their stay and leave wanting to return.

I am glad that we accomplished this during you r visit.

regards