“Would stay again”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Would stay again”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and I have to say the hotel was lovely, reception welcoming, bar area nice and clean and room was at the same standard. The only thing that let the hotel down was the threadbare stairs carpet. Just a little point. On two occasions I ordered lunch in the hotel both times was really nice. On my last night I ordered food, that was an experience the waitress clearly needs further training - not her fault but needs to know the menu and what food is out of stock and then we poured our own wine. Just a few little issues but don't let those put you off the belly pork was so nice. Really good stay and would go back without a question.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Danielle T, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated and it shows us where we are doing great and where we could improve, your comment on the carpet has been addressed and it has since been repaired.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

From the start...easy to find with ample parking. Hotel is on a main road but has good sound insulation. Check in was efficient but lacked personality. Room was of a good size and well equipped. Bathroom was clean and again well equipped.
Dinner in the evening was a huge disappointment. A terrine with a quinel of pate was missing the pate....slow roast shoulder of lamb wasn't. It was nuked in a microwave and was served cold and tough. I asked for another, they obliged with no hesitattion. The replacement was warm and tougher than a cobblers thumb. Nobody asked if it was okay, I don't think anyone cared. Breakfast buffet was plentiful but again luke warm at best.
Would I stay again.....yes but I'd eat out next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies for your disappointing meal. Your comments and feedback and very much appreciated. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal with us as so many people have, I will be investigating your comments to ensure that we improve this for any future guests.

Thank you once again for you values comments. If you would like to contact me the next time you are in the area and I will ensure you are well looked after.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 1 night ( april 4-5) as a birthday hotel break for my husband! we wanted to use their health and spa a few hours after our arrival and we were directed by the manager to LA Fitness which he said was 10 mins walk, around 500 yard walk ..I then asked the directions by driving and he gave us very obscure directions, asked for the nearest pharmacy and he didn't seemed to know. We drove down to the L.A. Fitness and couldn't find the vehicle entrance. We came back to the hotel and asked the same manager for the directions and opted to walk... ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THE L. A FITNESS closes at 4 PM on saturday which their website did not state.. The MANAGER should have told us about this.. When we confronted him, he apologized and said he made a mistake and offered some complimentary drinks to compensate the inconvenience...We had our dinner and my medium steak that ordered turned out to be more RARE so i had to send it back and when we ordered our dessert it took the restaurant staff 45 mins to deliver our order because they were busy for special functions.. In the evening , we were awakened by the barks of the dog coming from nearby room. in the morning when we checked out, i find that we were billed with the complimentary drinks that the manager promised us. So i had to remind them that it was supposed to be free and a compensation for their mistake which the receptionist rectified ..We will never use this hotel ever again and will never recommend it to our friends and family!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GARYB8154
Thank you for your review, firstly my sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We take pride in delivering the high standards and I am sorry to hear that you did not experience this. I will certainly address the points that you have made and will be discussing with the relevant people to ensure this is not repeated.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just got back from a 2 nights stay at the Hallmark hotel, lovely greeting when I arrived at reception was shown my room but after around 10 mins in the room there was alot of noise from a generator on the outside of the hotel I simply rang reception and they moved me straight away to a gorgeous room was very clean and spaceious :-) had a lovely meal in the hotel on the Friday nite service was fab. On the sat evening myself and my partner decided to eat out when we returned we had a drink at the hotel bar where we met a lovely barmaid called Max, he made us feel really welcome and at home, he was extremely friendly and made us laugh would most defiantly come back and stay at this hotel if not just to see Max he made our weekend :-))
Booking under Harrower room 66A

• Stayed April 2013
Danielle T, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here a few months ago for a business trip with a colleague, when we arrived it seamed a lovely hotel, when we got to our rooms we were both on different floors and i had been put in a single room, even though i had requested a double, this didn't bother me so much so i didn't ask to change rooms, but the room was very small and the whole of the floor had a funny smell, although the bathroom was nice and the room had a good TV. Me and my colleague later went down for evening meal at half past 7 (a member of staff told us that we HAD to make a dinner reservation as they were going to be very busy) when we got down stairs it was empty! The was not much choice of food on the menu and was expensive, we get a £20 dinner allowance on business trips and we normally just have a main meal and a drink, but we were told we could not do this, the waitress said we had to order a starter main and dessert and could not get a drink with it, when we asked if we could change the started and the main for a drink we got a very rude and blunt no. when the food came EVENTUALLY neither of us liked it and the chips were burnt, we left both our starters and desserts and left most of the main, we decided we would go to one of the restaurants near the hotel the next day. the room was cold all night and it is near a main road and was very loud so i dint get much sleep! the breakfast was OK some of the food was cold and tasted like it had been there for a few hours, the staff we met in the morning were more polite and we had a nice chat with them, that day i felt very ill so me and my colleague decided to check out and go home after our meeting even though we were meant to be staying another few days, when we told the staff about this they were rude and kept asking questions to why we are leaving and saying we would still have to pay for the next two days , they seamed to be confused and not know what they were even doing it took them 3 staff to check us out. would not stay here again food wasn't good, most of the staff were rude and looked bored to death half of the time. although the parking was good and was in a great location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank steph c
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us some time ago. I will certainly investigate the issues that you have mentioned. If you are ever in the area again, we would love to welcome you back to show you that your stay is certainly not our standard. If you would like to contact me directly the next time you are in Croydon and I will ensure that you are well looked after.
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A nice hotel, good parking, reasonable price and easy to find. We stayed for a week while working and had no problems here, Breakfast started very early and that was ideal for us and was very good. We onlt had one evening meal here and that was fine. I would use this place again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Danielle T, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your very nice review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Max the bartender was very friendly and approachable. He made us feel at home by introducing a topic to the conversation. I would recommend a stay here again, I will only come back as long as he is here as there are cheaper alternatives in the area. Good man

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Danielle T, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, especailly our customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.