“Excellent value the people were friendly and helpful would use this chain again”

Hallmark Hotel London Croydon Aerodrome
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Our stay in this hotel was very pleasant I would recommend staying here.
The rooms were well presented clean and comfortable
Great value for money phone for price as a deal can be struck with a little haggle ;)

• Stayed: March 2013
Danielle T, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted you hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My heart sank when I pulled up at 7pm to check in. Car park near entrance full of transit vans, gang of blokes standing at entrance smoking and drinking. I felt unsafe. Walking in you arrive in bar / restaurant / lobby, so everyone sat there can see you and that you are travelling alone.

The first room I was given would not lock from the inside. I had to be moved. Next room also had a lock that didn't work. I then sat and waited for them to find a room, go check it locked, and then carry my luggage to a third room. Was after 8pm when I ordered room service. I was put in a 'suite' ....don't get excited ....was just a larger room on the top floor with Alcock that worked.

It was clean, food was ok. Breakfast was really nice and all the staff I met were very professional and friendly. Please, if you are the manager, do something about people smoking at the entrance. Also, perhaps reserve car space for lone female travellers and employ a concierge/porter. I wouldn't return based on my experience. If you are a group on blokes that smoke then I am sure this hotel will be just perfect for you.

Room Tip: Check the door locks from the inside before unpacking
3  Thank Lady Caroline G

Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience experienced during your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that that your room was not satisfactory. I would like to take this opportunity to discuss your experience in person. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are staying the area and I will ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at the Hallmark last night and was a little dubious pre arriving given some of the Tripadvisor feedback however I was very pleasantly surprised with the very modern reception, warm welcome, lovely friendly and chatty staff, great room and a thoroughly enjoyable bar meal eaten in the restaurant. Can't fault this place especially as I paid just a little under £65. Thanks for a very pleasant evening and see you again next week....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Danielle T, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back next week.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been to this hotel 4 times now, rooms are clean ,free wifi , staff are helpful, sometimes the breakfast is a bit cold but no big deal the hotel is good value for what you pay, plenty of parking , have already booked for a return visit. The other nasty comments are not warranted if you want 5 star go to a 5 star hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank college93
Danielle T, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will certainly address the issues that you mentioned regarding to breakfast and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Prior experience taught me that there were very few good budget hotels in the Croydon area. Therefore I wasn't expecting too much when I booked 4 nights at this establishment.

Well I must say, I was more than satisfied with my accommodation this week.
A very smooth check in and out courtesy of Isaac who was very polite and efficient. I was allocated a single room (number 14) and was pleased that it had a large comfortable bed, ample hanging space, good well equipped bathroom, multi channel TV, tea and coffee and free wifi with an adequate signal strength.

The room was spotlessly clean and made up every day by friendly housekeeping staff.

The food in the restaurant or bar is very good too with meals ranging from £8 upwards. Nice to see freshly prepared food too, not the chilled microwave meals that some hotels insist on serving. up

The bar lacked a real ale on hand pump, but I guess you cant have everything. The Guinness was good and not too badly priced for a 4 star hotel at £4.20 a pint. Mention must be made of the good bar staff / managers. Max knows his job and communicates well, while Magda was simply wonderful and very funny.

Breakfast is served buffet style from 6.30am. There is a very large choice and again the quality is good being free of those nasty cheap sausages and watery bacon that some places serve up. The buffet is constantly replenished too, so you know nothing has been sat there under heat lamps for hours on end.

There is ample free parking on site too

Next time I'm in Croydon, I will certainly return

2  Thank sowie
Danielle T, Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

just terrible the staff were rude and unantentive which I pit down to bad management, as people follow the leader! stayed for work,
The only good thing i have to say was the reception staff were great

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank cat l

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and will discuss your feedback with the team. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are in Croydon as we would like the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed for two night and although the whole look of the hotel is lovely it is not worth 4*'s. The room was a good size however it was very cold (even with the heating up to the max). The beds were comfortable and the shower was excellent (very good pressure). The breakfast...were do I start?! It cost £9.95 and was buffet style which I think is unexpectable unless you are your average Travelodge/Premier inn. I was asked if I would like to put the breakfast on my room which I said would be great and straight away she said I couldnt...WHY ASK?? All in all nice room but I for what I got I wish I had just booked a Travelodge. Disappointing!

Room Tip: not worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank C2259
Danielle T, Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience experienced during your recent stay with us. I can assure you that we pride ourselves on delivering high standards and excellent customer service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are in the area as we would like the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel