“I've been 4 times”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Haverfordwest
“I've been 4 times”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been to this hotel 4 times now, rooms are clean ,free wifi , staff are helpful, sometimes the breakfast is a bit cold but no big deal the hotel is good value for what you pay, plenty of parking , have already booked for a return visit. The other nasty comments are not warranted if you want 5 star go to a 5 star hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank college93
Danielle T, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will certainly address the issues that you mentioned regarding to breakfast and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Prior experience taught me that there were very few good budget hotels in the Croydon area. Therefore I wasn't expecting too much when I booked 4 nights at this establishment.

Well I must say, I was more than satisfied with my accommodation this week.
A very smooth check in and out courtesy of Isaac who was very polite and efficient. I was allocated a single room (number 14) and was pleased that it had a large comfortable bed, ample hanging space, good well equipped bathroom, multi channel TV, tea and coffee and free wifi with an adequate signal strength.

The room was spotlessly clean and made up every day by friendly housekeeping staff.

The food in the restaurant or bar is very good too with meals ranging from £8 upwards. Nice to see freshly prepared food too, not the chilled microwave meals that some hotels insist on serving. up

The bar lacked a real ale on hand pump, but I guess you cant have everything. The Guinness was good and not too badly priced for a 4 star hotel at £4.20 a pint. Mention must be made of the good bar staff / managers. Max knows his job and communicates well, while Magda was simply wonderful and very funny.

Breakfast is served buffet style from 6.30am. There is a very large choice and again the quality is good being free of those nasty cheap sausages and watery bacon that some places serve up. The buffet is constantly replenished too, so you know nothing has been sat there under heat lamps for hours on end.

There is ample free parking on site too

Next time I'm in Croydon, I will certainly return

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sowie
Danielle T, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

just terrible the staff were rude and unantentive which I pit down to bad management, as people follow the leader! stayed for work,
The only good thing i have to say was the reception staff were great

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank cat l
Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and will discuss your feedback with the team. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are in Croydon as we would like the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed for two night and although the whole look of the hotel is lovely it is not worth 4*'s. The room was a good size however it was very cold (even with the heating up to the max). The beds were comfortable and the shower was excellent (very good pressure). The breakfast...were do I start?! It cost £9.95 and was buffet style which I think is unexpectable unless you are your average Travelodge/Premier inn. I was asked if I would like to put the breakfast on my room which I said would be great and straight away she said I couldnt...WHY ASK?? All in all nice room but I for what I got I wish I had just booked a Travelodge. Disappointing!

Room Tip: not worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank C2259
Danielle T, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience experienced during your recent stay with us. I can assure you that we pride ourselves on delivering high standards and excellent customer service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are in the area as we would like the opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel
London
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Me and my fiancée planned a nights stay at this hotel for Valentines day as we got engaged here 3 years ago. My fiancée booked a suite (room 112) which had a spa jacuzzi bath in it. The room was ok but unfortunately the spa jacuzzi bath was not working. We then got moved to room 114 and things did not get any better! The room had a bad odour and smelt off cigarettes, not pleasant! We then tried to use the jacuzzi bath and the water was cold! The temperature gage on the bath was not turning. Also the rooms window would not close, which made it quite cold in the room! The window just kept banging during the night which meant we didn't sleep too well. We did complain but all we were offered was a 10% discount on their sushi menu! Bit of a joke! I wouldn't worry about a suite, just stick to a standard room if you're staying here!

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Sun27London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Nice tidy Hotel, is exactly what you would expect from Hallmark. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the food both evening meal and breakfast is excellent. The breakfast is self service but is well stoacked and freshly cooked. On site parking is useful, the bar has a good selection of beer, wines Etc and is not too expensive considering where you are and a little of a captive audience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife was given a voucher deal as a present for a one night stay with Tapas and Breakfast for the hotel. The lobby and reception are very smart and welcoming. After this we encountered problems. The lift was broken and we were on the 7th floor; they did offer to carry the case up but no staff were around. The higher the floor you got the carpet is worn and tatty. Our room was OK except for the window that would not close properly !! It was clean. The Tapas took ages to come. We had a reasonable nights sleep and breakfast was fine; but again there was only one waitress and the chef on duty. Topping up the buffet selection was slow and hit and miss. We did not like Croydon and would not visit again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple