Hallmark Hotel London Croydon Aerodrome
$62
$63
$60
  • Breakfast included
Westciti Caroco Aparthotel(Croydon)(Great Value!)
$71
$69
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
$63
$70
$59
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbirthday partybusy roadtea and coffeedouble roomwould stay againharikashfuneralpurley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days with my fiancé who was visiting from America and we checked out this morning very early at 07:30 so I could take him to the airport for his flight. I didn't see the name of the man on reception but he was very friendly and quick at checking us out. It was a little slow checking in, but Ellen was very friendly. I hope that was her name and I'm not imagining things.

After checking in, we used the lift to get to our floor, along with someone else who was going to a different floor. After they got off at their floor, the lift went straight back down to the ground floor, which was slightly odd.

We were delighted with the decorum of the bedroom, but felt it was a little small. The Premier Inn across the road has space for an arm chair and overall bigger room sizes. Other than that, the bathroom was superior to the Premier Inn, as were the amount of tea/milk/sugar put in the room. One tiny complaint is that the sugar wasn't replenished each day, so I had to get some from downstairs.

The housekeepers do a really good job. It was lovely to come back after a day out to a spotless room! And the staff downstairs always greeted us whenever we came downstairs to go out. We had a drink at the bar one evening after coming back from the cinema down the road and got talking to a nice bloke whose name escapes me, unfortunately.

The bedroom doors can be quite noisy if you allow them to close by themselves rather than hold on to them and close them slowly. This isn't due to slamming, as the manager has quite rightly pointed out further down the page, but due to the lock catching. The guests next door to us kept on opening and closing their door throughout the night, driving us up the wall.

We ordered room service maybe 5 times and this was always very efficient, apart from when I called them to ask them to take our tray back down - they never arrived. We left it outside the room instead when we saw another guest had done the same thing. The food was very good quality and it was a good alternative to dining out.

We never arose early enough to get breakfast, and didn't make use of the gym/spa over the road, but rated 5 anyway because I thought it would be a little unfair to give a low rating for something I've not tried.

Overall it was a good experience, and we will most likely stay there again if my fiancé happens to stop by in England at some point between now and when we get married.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dracia_Nightcat
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is good value for money. Its difficult to find a good place to stay for less than 100 lbs. sterling. This hotel has recently been remodeled and we enjoy our stay there and will definitely return. Our room was clean and the well decorated. The shower was great. The hotel is full service; we didn't utilize the restaurant nor bar, but they seemed appealing. The staff was very efficient and friendly. There's free wifi and plenty of parking. The location is great for activities in Surrey.

Room Tip: Our room was in the front of the hotel near the road. If you want a really quiet room you may want to chose one on the other side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My mother and I were on our annual trip back to England for from the USA to visit family and usually stay at the hotel across the road, but it was terrible the last time so we thought we would try the Hallmark instead for 4 nights. Boy am I glad we did.....everything was great from the minute we walked in, clean, updated, nice beds and those crisp white sheets, well mum could'nt get over how comfy it all was!!! The bar staff were so kind with great service for our night-cap. We'll definatley be back next year.
ps....only downside, stair carpet needs to be replaced..very worn!!

Room Tip: Only one elevator/lift.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gillian Y
Gordon C, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Dear Gillian Y

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you found the hotel and your bedroom pleasant with all the home comforts. I have shared your review with my team.

The stair carpet that you refer to is part of the scheduled works for the next refurbishment.

Thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel. Walking upto it, it's the nicest looking thing in the area, especially lit up at night! There is nothing wrong with the location, it is a short walk to the train station with great links into Croydon and London! Perfect and easy to find.
When you walk into the hotel, the interior is really beautiful! The only odd part here was that the reception is far away from the entrance, but that isn't a problem at all.
The decor of the restaurant and bar area was really really nice.
Now onto the room... The interior was nice and the bathroom was great, very clean and modern, with a great power shower! The bed was so comfy, I slept like a baby. The only problem about the room was a banging noise from a door or something. A big thanks to the housekeepers who do a really great job, it must be very hard to clean a hotel of this size, to such a good standard.
I ate in the hotel, the evening I stayed, and I must admit I was really let down! The waitresses were not very good. I got seated by a bar man who was very friendly. I ordered my food, the young man who took this was very friendly and polite! It came very quickly, the seafood starter was nice. When I had finished, I had to wait a while for it to be taken away. The waitress didn't smile and wasn't friendly at all! She said in the most half-hearted manner - 'was that ok?' Is it really that difficult to smile and be polite? My main came in good time, and was good, but yet again it took a while for it to be taken away. I think there needs to be some sort of training for the waitresses, what happened to etiquette and being friendly? I genuinely think that they are not interested in their jobs at all and the only thing keeping them working is the fact they want their wages. This really lets this lovely hotel down, as they do not make the dining experience very great.
The gym facilities across the road are really good, which is handy as the hotel doesn't have them built in, which would be silly anyway, when it's all there, 2 minutes away!
I went to the Hilton across the road for a coffee (and to see what it was like in comparison to the hallmark). The Hilton is really grey and dreary, and so dated inside, nothing like the hallmark! If it was between the two, the hallmark appears a much better choice.
Overall, I enjoyed my experience and I would definitely stay here again. I just hope to see an improvement in the waiting services!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Minimalist-1

Dear Minimalist-1

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and rate the hotel highly. The Housekeeper and her team have been commended following your comments.

I am disappointed with the poor service that you experienced in the Restaurant. What you experienced is not acceptable and it clearly demonstrates how an excellent product can be let down by poor attention to detail and poor customer care. I have spoken to the Restaurant Manager who is taking action and a fresh look at training.

I am pleased that you had a chance to use the health club. We encourage all our guests to come prepared and take advantage of the facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

i stayed at the hallmark hotel in croydon for 3 nights from 5 th april 2012, first entering in to the hotel, staff smiling and helped me promptly with my luggage, the staff took me to my room i was very impressed by size of room 42 inch t.v. lovely jacuzzi bath in bathoom and seperate shower in bathroom. 100 percent cotton bedding, robes. shampoo with ginseng is the best. james is a professional person, what a lovely well mannered and likeable person james is. james is very good at his job, he cleans the pint glasses to perfection, glasses are spotless. good room service from charlie. all receptionists are helpful and polite. iesha was helpful. i had steak sandwich, fantastic quality steak, i liked it that much that i had it again the following night. lots of parking space, a lovely restaurant and bar and lounge many thanks to james, charlie and iesha for making my stay very enjoyable, i cannot wait to book again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank john w

Dear John W

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to dine in our Restaurant and Bar/Lounge. James, Charlie and Iesha (Reception) have been commended for their excellent work.

Our rooms have been refurbished to a high standard; our food is prepared from fresh produce. We provide free parking spaces for all hotel guest and thank you for pointing this out.

Thank you again for your review.