“My wedding day - Hallmark made it perfect!”

Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed November 12, 2011

My husband and i were married here on the 11th November 2011. We had a civil ceremony, three course sit down meal and an evening buffet and dj. I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough. Nothing was too much trouble. Their focus was to ensure that we enjoyed the day while they worried over the logistics and details. The food was excellent with empty plates all round. They made a huge effort to look after all of my guests and everyone had a great day. Also many of the party stayed over and all of them were extremely happy with the rooms and hotel in general - everywhere was cleaned to a high standard and every member of staff was pleasant and happy to help. Many thanks to Louis, Magda and the team. You made our special day extra special.

• Stayed: November 2011
Gordon C, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Dear MoreGore,

Congratulations on your recent marriage. I am delighted to read that your special day ran smoothly and sincerely hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Good luck with your life together and thank you for your review.

Best regards

Gordon Chingara

Reviewed October 30, 2011

My partner and I were looking for a "nice" place to stay for 1 night. First impressions- urrgh, the outside doesnt look finished or welcoming. Once you find the entrance the bar and reception area look very nice and you forgive them for the crummy exterior. However, the greeting at reception wasnt as welcoming as you would hope for. The receptionist was disinterested and short with us and also argued agressively about a clerical error which they had made.

Once we got to our room, it was nothing like we had invisioned having viewed the website. The room was TINY and EXTREMELY hot! I rushed to the window to try and get some cool air and was horrified that we had paid above average Croydon hotel prices to find outside both windows heat extractors and what can only be described as the hotels giant ash tray. It was disgusting.

Due to being in a rush we didnt have time to complain or ask to move rooms before we went out. Needless to say we were not looking forward to going back to the room. We arrived back quite late and discovered mid summer Egyptian heat in our room!!! You can probably guess we didnt sleep very well.

The only redeeming factor in all of this was the breakfast, which was definately worth the extra charge.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Beans8728
Gordon C, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear Beans8728

Thank you for your detailed review, I am extremely disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay, at the Hallmark Hotel Croydon. I would have liked to have spoken to you personally regarding this matter before your departure

I have spoken to my Reception team, regarding the way you felt were treated at Reception, and I can assure you that this is not normally Hallmark standard.

You quite rightly pointed out the space you described as the “giant ashtray”, and this has now been thoroughly cleaned. I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention..

Whilst you have indicated that you will never return to the hotel, I would like to advise you that over £2 million has been spent on the Hotel and I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Thank you again for your review and I hopefully we can meet soon.

Gordon Chingara
Hallmark Hotel Croydon

Reviewed September 16, 2011

First impressions are not good - insecure(ish) car park, reception/dining area in need of refurbishment (and about to get it?), internet terminal out of order, foreign receptionist. We were concerned about how our room would be, and only reassured when we emerged from the lift to the smell of new paint. Our room,while small, was nicely redecorated and everything worked. The breakfast was pretty good. All in all, one would have to say that the Hallmark did a reasonable job as a middle of the road, reasonably priced hotel for a one night stop.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Tiny room, very loud road noise, good luck sleeping.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank dhrNorthYorkshire
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on business. Requested a rennovated room as previously suggested and although new and very nice it was not invested in to the standards you would expect on viewing the website of the company's other hotels. Bath taps and mirrors are very old and grubby and it detracts from the impression the chain want to portray...such a small investment to have finished off the job!

This is by no means a luxury hotel although staff were friendly and rooms were cleaned to a high standard. Food was very nice...I had room service (once I could find details to call reception to request a menu!) Food prices were very reasonable...I payed £11.50 for a large glass of wine and a sanwich with salad & nacho's (+ room service)

Would stay again on business as I felt safe as a young female travelling alone late in the evening.

Would not use this hotel for personal use and would choose Holiday Inn or MacDonald Hotel chain instead.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Netlee
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stayed at the Aeredrome whilst business in London.

Ideall loaction right at the side of the A23 into London, very easy to find.

Plenty of shops/resturants nearby.

12 miles from Central London, not in congestion charging area.

Free Parking - plenty.

The hotel is going through a renovation program at the moment, so a few drills and bangs going on but good to see investment in the building.

Food was limited but of a decent standard

Would stay here again for business in the area

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ChrisBLeeds
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The Hallmark Croydon is formerly the Aerodrome Hotel. It's clear that it's had a recent spruce-up, with new carpets and fixtures. Its lighting is quite bright and curtains nice and dark, and the beds are comfortable enough.

The bathroom was definitely cleaned every day, although the shower curtain was on its way to getting stinky, which happens to us all I suppose. The bath was barely big enough for me to stretch my legs out full length, and there was a tile coming away above the shower temperature dial. It wasn't actually loose or anything; it had clearly been in the process of coming away for some years.

As far as the hotel in general goes, it was nothing to write home about but a fairly decent stay. The staff were pleasant enough: I only really spoke to them during check-in.

But the worst and most stressful part of my stay was, bizarrely, the free wifi. As I work for a web development company, we thought it'd be a great idea. Like every hotel's free wifi it consists of some weird, pointlessly proxying interface that looks like it's been put together by the hotel manager's brother; when a simple daily change to the WPA key would do the same job more transparently.

Worse, as far as we could gather this proprietary system filters out any traffic it doesn't like (specifically, secure "terminal" traffic which people can use to log in and restart servers: it even filtered this out when I got a friend to set up a "port forward" trick for us.) At around 11pm at night a server I was relying on died, but I quickly realised that the "free wifi" was as much use in our emergency as a chocolate teapot. In the end I had to log into the servers using my mobile phone's reception and a tiny screen, and restart them that way, but it was a pretty grim late hour or so, and I'd chosen the Hallmark, and its free "wifi", in part to avoid that very stress.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business