Flexistay Tulsi Aparthotel
$73
$61
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
$55
$80
Agoda.com
$65
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Well took a punt on this place based on the 3 star rating and the proximity to our event and well I can only describe the reviews as a tad dishonest.

1. The smell of this place was like a kitchen which was so off putting. There is a kebab shop underneath the hotel so one can only imagine the smell at night.
2. The wireless router set up in the hallway on a makeshift stand, we should have turned around and left then.
3. The room, well I could roll over in bed and cook my eggs for breakfast fom the bed!

If you want a bed sitter with a stove with no vent and a cooking smells throughout the building then this is the place for you. No issue with the place being what it is but don't sell it as something it's not.

We went somewhere else immediately.

Yes some may say they liked it but we have travelled all over the world and this rates with some of the accommodation we had in rural southern China, however there prices were ten times less cost!!

If you want to stay in the area I would go for a larger chain and pay the extra as you will be worth it.

How bad was this place ( the smell and the bed that was ten inches off he floor) well my wife and I stayed mmm say six minutes in total as we got on the iPad and booked a more reputable hotel which was more expensive but so so much better than what this place was.

Yes it has potential but in future before I booki will look at google maps to get a street view which would have in this instance sent me packing to look for alternatives.

Basically a waist of money!!!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank jackbilly44
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Really good place to spend some days in London. 15 minutes away from Victoria train station to East Croydon train station, and hotel is just 10 minutes by walk from the train station.Value for money is perfect & our room which was perfect. It was clean, roomy, and extremely comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anybody. It was definitely the best nights sleep I've had in London in a very long time, and came with everything you would want. Extremely happy with everything.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank anthony h
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My family and I were scheduled to stay at this 'hotel' recently. When we gained entrance to the 'reception area' (a broken desk shoved under the stairs) we were greated by a man that was wiping his greasy fingers on his shirt while he finished chewing his lunch. Not a great start. I was told that I would have to wait an hour before checking in, despite confirming the day before that we could check in when we arrived at 1:30 in the afternoon.

I was shown the room by taking a tour through hallways crowded with dirty and clean linen, past an open laundry room that was quite filthy. The room can best be described as a student's bed-sit with falling apart flat pack furniture and very dangerous looking electrics.

I went back downstairs and sent my wife up. Upon her return I could tell that she also agreed with me that we could not stay in this flop house with our young daughter. We did not feel safe standing in the entrance in the middle of the afternoon.

Avoid this place like the plague. It is completely unsuitable for any but the most desperate of people.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank orange66
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I chose this hotel because I was attending a friend's party very close by. We didn't want an expensive hotel and the Travelodge was booked (where we normally stay) so this seemed an ok alternative, it had a small kitchenette as well! There's no parking but we parked for £10 overnight round the corner in an NCP, just a 5 min walk away with no probs (we knew this in advance and had factored it in to our costs).

So, we arrived and had to ring a bell so someone would come down, hard to hear what they were asking us as it's next to a busy road. Person that came to let us in was on the phone (annoying and rude), then asked me to complete a form asking for alternative contact details from the ones they already had. I said no as I couldn't see why they needed them. He didn't seem too sure if I had already paid (I had) or needed to pay - but he was polite enough overall. Showed us to our room which was up 3 flights of stairs - no lift so no good for limited mobility people!

The room was ok, not great, bit run down, wouldn't want to stay for more than one night to be honest, but we knew this wasn't the Ritz either from the price. My husband was quite concerned about the amount of plugs plugged into the extension lead, all from one socket! Luckily the place didn't burn down ;o)

On the plus side the hotel itself seemed quite quiet, not much noise in the morning (apart from the road of course, which is a busy one) and although checkout was 11am I wasn't feeling too great and we didn't leave until 11.30, but didn't get any hassle from maid service. Nobody there when we left, we just dropped the key in a box at reception,

Overall not the most auspicious of hotels, probably more like working digs, but a cheap price for what you get. Not the best decorated, not the most luxurious, but cheap and cheerful and well located.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lisajaneb
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Although the price was reasonable, there was a reason for this. First impressions were ok but after looking around the room disappointment set in.
Plug sockets did not work, layers pf dirt behind the fridge, windows did not close properly, blinds damaged, no plugs for sink or bath, mold around windows, iron had faulty dangerous flex, ironing board was next to useless. Only a main light, no side lights which meant scrambling to find the bed in the dark. All in all not somewhere where i would ever stay again

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business