Bel & The Dragon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewssloe ginsculpture parkwhitebaitpizza ovenwine listroll top bathcomplimentary whiskycoffee stationcountry innsuckling pigsunday afternooncain manorjane austensmall touchesroast potatoeslocal weddinglovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The restaurant here was recommended to me by a customer and I stumbled across their accommodation by accident when looking at the menu online. I am glad I did, as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff were very welcoming on my arrival, i was offered complimentary coffee amongst other surprises and shown to my room. It was spotless, decorated very tastefully with a luxurious feel, the bed was huge and very comfortable. Stayed for dinner and breakfast and I was just as equally impressed with the food and dining service as I was with the room. I will be returning for sure and couldn't recommend this place highly enough. Very good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I accidentally found this place when my usual lodging for work was flooded at Hampton.
I had a warm welcome, given a beautiful room, with complimentary coffee, bottled water and vodka available.

The room was tastefully decorated, with a large comfy bed and plush bedding.
It was spotlessly clean and I enjoyed two restful nights at the hotel.

I have since booked rooms for the future and stayed again since my initial stay. My room the second time around was a little smaller and was located at the rear by the kitchen so was a little noisy until about 23.30pm due to the extractor but again it was spotlessly clean, with a comfy bed and to a very high standard.

I look forward to staying here again and it has made a real difference to the quality of my evenings after work when lodging away from home. I would not hesitate to recommend the Bel and The Dragon to colleagues and praised it highly to my friends and family.

Best stay for work in 12 months!!

Room Tip: Room above reception and rooms to the rear by the kitchen are a little noisy but are quiet after 23.30pm and I have had no issues sleeping. Bennet room is stunning and only wished I had my partner with me for a weekend break.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We attended this restaurant one Sunday evening when there was only one other table eating for the whole evening so the lack of good service and customer relations was inexcusable.
The only reason to go back here would be for the food. Luckily for the owners of this establishment the chefs in the kitchen were extremely competent and produced some of the finest dishes this chef has eaten out in a long time. We started with a hearty broth and the crispy peppered squid, which supplied us with one of the few slight disappointments to the meal where the chilli jam obviously came out of a bottle, probably sporting a navy coloured mythical flying creature. For the main course we plumped for the pork belly, roast potatoes and apple sauce, unfortunately the skin was not crispy but the chefs very kindly rectified this without complaint. We also tried the seared tuna, with warm salad and homemade pickle. This dish was the jewel in the crown of the whole meal, absolutely divine, perfectly seared and nice contrast between all the components. To end the meal we had a scrummy crumble with fresh custard and a light but zesty lemon tart.
So as the title to this review suggests, if you can get through the terrible service the food is well worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Referring to the review of Frances T61 on your site I'm afraid I had a similar experience 2weeks ago admittedly w/o the piece of plastic, but then again I didn't have the soup....
I ordered whitebait which had obviously been fried in old/used fat or oil as there was that horrible after taste you get !
The medium (pink) roast beef I ordered was barely recognizable as such and frankly could have been anything when the accompanying gravy was applied,the gravy also had a strange after taste..
The cold vegetables were served in white (with a blue rim) enamel dishes, reminiscent of 60's hospital aids & containers ,if anyone who reads this is old enough to remember.Tumblers for wine glasses just don't work either.
Finally I ordered a crumble & custard dish for dessert and when it arrived (in the enamel dish) the custard was cold and thin by which time as my patience had evaporated I returned it and refused to pay for or select an alternative from the menu.
To my mind this establihment is vastly overpriced for what it offers, £175 for 3 with 2 bottles of wine for this low quality is just not on.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank foodforthought74
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Perfect service and beautifully fitted...best place to stay around Farnham by far. Great food too and loads of nice touches like free whiskey next to the coffee machine!

Would stay again next time we are in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends