Frensham Pond Country House Hotel & Spa
$245
$211
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Farnham(Farnham)(Great Value!)
$72
PremierInn.com
$72
1,224 results
All reviewsgarden roomevents managerstunning locationafternoon teaoverlooking the lakechristmas lunchthe main hotellovely settingexecutive roomwedding receptionsandwichesbar areastayed here for one nightwedding venuebreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastfull english
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel was a good find. it was actually recommended to me by a work colleague as a nice place to chill-out and unwind whilst being not too far from home.
I booked one of their DBB deals, online. the website was easy to use but the pricing system a little baffling, with the 'best available' rate being cheaper than the non-refundable 'bargain' rate. That said, from the moment we arrived until the moment we left the hotel did everything they could to make us welcome.
The afternoon tea at £9.99 for two was well worth it and highly recommended; it would be particularly enjoyable on a warm summer afternoon if taken on the terrace by the pond. The 3-course dinner included in out package was superb and equal to the food that you would get in a high-end restaurant, the only difference being the smaller menu choice. there were about 6 or 7 mains to choose from, which for my taste is more than adequate. The food was so beautifully presented it seemed almost a shame to eat it.
The buffet breakfast was quite good by the standard of such things, the hot dishes being quite palatable. The selection of fruit, juice and cereals was extensive with croissants etc as well.
The room was well-equipped with the usual bath/shower, trouser press and TV. No iron, so make sure your shirts don't need pressing!
All-in-all this hotel is a lovely location for a short break, and one which we shall be visiting again.

Room Tip: The executive rooms would be good for a longer stay in the summer, but otherwise the standard rooms are excellent in every respect.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
kevinfph, General Manager at Frensham Pond Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent Five Star Feedback.

It is pleasing that you have shared such a comprehensive review on Trip.

From someone who has contributed so much on line feedback it is pleasing to witness your praise.

Thank you so much from the entire team and we look forward to welcoming you again on some future occasion.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I needed a bed for the night as I had an early meeting nearby. I found this hotel by following a sign from the main road. It looked great so I walked in and booked for one night, without great expectations. Well the place and the staff exceeded all of them!! Nice comfortable and warm room, good leisure facility and very good bar meal and beer made the stay very very fine indeed, and breakfast was good too. Excellent overall.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I treated my parents and husband to dinner at the restaurant. My mum had just turned 80 so I wanted to spoil her. We all liked the restaurant there were was a table cloth on the tables and cloth napkins. The staff very extremely professional and courteous. The food was well presented and tasted wonderful. For a special treat recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tina P
Kevin H, General Manager at Frensham Pond Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Tina P

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your dining experience at Watermark restaurant, Frensham Pond Hotel.

Please do come again soon and call me directly when making your next reservation.

Glad your Mother enjoyed her celebration.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Firstly, lets get the good thing over and done with - this is a beautiful setting next to a large lake and in the middle of rolling moorland.

And now the problems:

The mattress on the double bed has sagged badly in the middle so that I was continually forced to lean against my wife all night. (Trust me -That's no joke!)
The rooms have night storage heaters which activate in the small hours and heated the room up to 26C it is impossible to sleep under these conditions. I had to get up and deactivate it.
I opened the windows to try and cool down but the numerous ducks and geese roosting under the window appeared to be having a long discussion about something interesting and created a hell of a racket.
Every step and word uttered by people in the rooms around me could be heard through paper thin walls. Laying awake at night I could even tell exactly what was going on in my neighbours bathrooms. I am now sitting in bed at 07:00 having to endure delivery lorries with reversing beeps and the drivers discussing their weekend plans with hotel staff. "It looks like Tommy will take Mary to the movies after all....."
The toilet in the bathroom does not flush so we will have to get a maintenance guy up to get rid of all sorts of horrors - rather embarrassing.
I specifically asked if there was a fast WiFi in the room before reserving the room but of corse now I find that it barely works and if a reception can be found it takes more than 6 minutes to download 1MB.

Overall, this is a horrid little place that does not satisfy the most basic requirement to provide a good nights sleep. I WILL NEVER COME BACK!

Room Tip: Keep away from the waters edge and those pesky ducks.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bertybign

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with your fellow Trip Advisor contributors.

We are saddened that you did not experience our usual standards of service.

We have never had negative feedback regarding the points you raised and I before replying I have stayed in a bedroom with guests next door and heard their conversations and what they are doing.

The majority of beds have been changed and are turned regularly.

Having checked with all my managers no one seems to recall you making any comments both prior and upon check out.

I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity of restoring your faith in Frensham Pond Hotel and would ask that you contact me directly when next wishing to stay in the area.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your disappointment.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Another business trip another Best Western! The Frensham Pond is in a fantastic location overlooking what I'd describe as a lake rather than a pond. I parked to the rear by the 'motel' style block of rooms and from that instant prayed I wouldn't be allocated one of those rooms! Luckily I wasn't so headed upstairs to a clean but dated room, the bedside unit complete with 1980's light switches and what appeared to be radio controls in the bathroom over the faux marble bathroom suite summed it up!

I had friends meeting me for dinner which we ate in an empty restaurant (booking was advised...) with a very very nervous waiter and a head waiter watching his every move. Overbearing would be a good word it was quite suffocating having then fussing round the table constantly. The food itself was lovely although I must mention the bar prices, £5.80 for a 125ml 'large' glass of house red is (in my opinion) disgusting and left me scratching my head at why the hotel management think this is acceptable?

I slept fairly well although the mattress was tired feeling and enjoyed a fantastic breakfast with really good coffee overlooking the pond.

To sum up the hotel needs money spending on it as the location is fantastic and some attention to detail wouldn't go amiss (Christmas and Valentines advertising posters still up in the gents) but having said all that I'll return when I'm next in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013
Kevin H, General Manager at Frensham Pond Country House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Noddyinnapa

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip following your recent stay.

You will be surprised to note that the 'motel style rooms' are actually our Executive Rooms and once inside you would have been very comfortable/

This rooms are regularly updated and far from being tired are a very high standard.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the meal.

With regards to the wine our charges are actually £5.60for 175 ml glass and £4.60 for a 125 ml glass.

Glad to learn that you had a good nights sleep.

We appreciate the standard rooms are tired and we would love to commence a refurbishment.

However accommodation rates are set at a level to reflect this.

The banks however are not being kind with lending money.

Delighted to note that when in the area next you will return.

Please do give me a call.