“Superb” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Churt
London, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Traditional English hotel with a very warming with great character.

Great staff , in hpuse facilities and food. Service could not be faulted from the minute I walked in

A home away from home with lovely walks ad stunning views. Well worth the money

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Frensham Pond Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear MikeIFisher

Thank you so much for your 5 Star SUPERB feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you on some future occasion.

Kevin Halstead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Booked a dinner B&B with my wife. On arrival we found a pile of dust on the windowsill, which was caused by a curtain rail coming away from the wall. Apart from that the room was clean.

We used the spa and found the Jacuzzi was out of order, so used the sauna and went to use the changing room showers, they did not work. My wife said her changing room had no heating, and was freezing whilst mine was far too hot with underfloor heating which was to hot to stand on for any length of time.

I informed reception and they said that they were aware of the problems and had been trying to resolve them, but didn't know when they were to be fixed.

The staff were excellent, very helpful all the time. Food good, although the menu lacked any imagination, a bit bland.

The hotel is starting to feel a little tired, and could do with some investment, or at least address the spa facilities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Yamidude

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay here.

Delighted to learn that on the whole you found the hotel good with particular praise for the food and staff.

Unfortunately in deep recession we do not have money to invest in our leisure facilities and we feel it best to close it but many of our regulars ask that we keep it open.

There are discussions taking place with regards to a possible refurbishment of bedrooms next year but this is all subject to bank funding and they are not being too kind to the hotel sector at present.

We look forward to welcoming you back on some future occasion.

battle sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We spent two nights here and had dinner in the restaurant both nights.We were greeted by Kevin,very friendly and he gave us some tips on the golf courses we had booked to play.
the setting of the hotel on the pond/lake is beautiful,the dining room looks over the pond, the food and service in the restaurant was superb. would stay again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Martinfhb

Thank you so much for your 5 STAR feedback.

It is greatly appreciated.

Food and service in the restaurant was superb, delighted to hear i.

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked for one night on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. As a Diamond Club member, I was told I had been upgraded to an "executive" room on arrival, which was a row of flat roof chalets behind the main building. A sign on the reception desk stated that upgrades were available for a price and this included fresh fruit and a bottle of mineral water in the room.
The room was spacious with adequate furniture, pillows, towels, toiletries, etc but I noticed that the TV seemed to be hanging downwards off the wall. It didn't appear to be an immediate danger to health and could still just about be viewed comfortably. I reported it and was informed (late afternoon) that somebody would see to it "in the morning".
In the morning, the next discovery was that all the flimsy bath/shower fixtures (I am always wary of fixtures that display a written explanation as to how to work them..!!) seemed to be broken and this was indeed the case: the water had two settings - off and very hot. It was therefore impossible to shower.
There was a breakfast of good variety and quality (except for the "orange" juice), but it was disappointing that all the items on the cooked breakfast were lukewarm except for the fried egg and the "grilled" tomato was a cold previously warmed hard tomato half (not uncommon!!).
On check-out I enquired as to whether I should have had fruit and mineral water to the person on reception who had checked me in the day before (probably the same person as mentioned by oceandrift on 31.10.12) and was told I had been upgraded due to my membership status, so that didn't entitle me to the extras.
My far greater concern was the shower and was assured that somebody would look into that, which was, I stated, of course of benefit to the next occupant but none at all to me. It should have been fixed before.
I was asked to pay my £3.80 for a pint of overcooled electric Boddingtons from the night before and checked out.
I have read most of the more recent reviews and it seems I may have been a little unlucky, but less enthusiastic reviews seem to date back a few years.
Mr Halstead emailed a standard apology to me following my BW Feedback comments. Apart from asking for a future opportunity to restore my faith in BW Frensham Ponds, I just hope that the subsequent occupants of room 19 benefit from the promised investigation. If, however, it was merely "looked into", then the plastic Revlon mirror in the bathroom would serve the purpose.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank OwlsofDerision
Kevin H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Frensham Pond Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Owlsof Derision,

Firstly thanks for taking the time to write a review, I personally respond to each review as I believe that it's so important to recognise what our guests are saying to us and whilst we are delighted that the vast majority of our reviews are very positive we do also accept when we could have done things better and try to put those things right.

Subject to availability all Best Western Diamond and Platinum guests are offerred a complimentary upgrade of bedroom.This however, does not include the complimentary water and fresh fruit.

The Executive bedrooms that you were allocated included a king size bed, more comfortable furnishings, air conditioning, private patio and in room safe.

Whilst the tv is fitted upon a moveable bracket to move both sideways and up and down I am aware you were concerned that this may fall.

It would appear that a previous guests had 'played around' with the shower controls and this was put right within moments of being advised.

Please accept our sincere apologies for our short comings and should you be in the area on some future occasion please feel free to contact me directly.

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

stayed for two nights working in bordon room was big clean nice big bed and tv bar was great very good stella on tap both evening meals and breakfast was fab will stay again thanks to the staff for a lovely stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Frensham Pond Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Paul Stanfield

Fantastic 5 star feedback.

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Please remember us when working again in the area.

Best wishes
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to you and especially to Matt and Nik for making our day fantastic, you all exceeded our expectations with your friendly banter, professional manner and exceptional service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Frensham Pond Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear BrideNov2012

We were delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your wedding reception at Frensham Pond Hotel last Friday.

Your 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated and is viewed as a BIG THANK YOU by all at Frensham.

Delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Frensham on some future occasion.

please share some photos for our new web site.

Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness and laughter.

wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband, daughter and myself have just returned from this establishment after an impromtu overnight stay. We stayed on a dinner, bed and breakfast rate and we were extremely impressed with the level of service, the food and the hotel in general. The idyllic surroundings and lake views during meal times were a pleasure and we were sorry that we were only staying for one night. My husband and I shall be returning when we have a babysitter for the night to really enjoy the ambience and the surroundings. The rooms are comfortable and fitted with everything that you need for an enjoyable stay. There was one particular barman/waiter that entertained my two year old much to her delight. Great stay x

Room Tip: Main building