“Really nice way to start a holiday”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Charlwood
Worc
“Really nice way to start a holiday”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Having booked a holiday which had an early flight from Gatwick, I needed a hotel which was both close and offered parking whilst away.
I found Stanhill Court fitted the bill to a tee. Not only was it a VERY good price, considering the parking, but it was also a beautiful place to stay. An enchanting old building set in acres of equally beautiful gardens.
We decided to push the boat out and upgraded to a 4 poster bedded room, the room was lovely, spacious, quiet, nice views and hard to believe you were only a stones throw from Gatwick.
We also had a meal there, which again was brilliant, the service was excellent and the food much much better than average.
There's a bit of me which doesn't want to publicise the fact how good this place is, as I fear it will be fully booked next time I need it. However, from here on in, if ever I fly from Gatwick again, then this is most definately the place I will stay.
Thoroughly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Try a 4 poster bedroom, I believe they're slightly larger
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
luxury4poster, Owner at Stanhill Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to put your review on Trip Advisor and what a review! We do hope you pop by this way again soon.
Stanhill Court Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Aylesford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After a long days work and another in the same area the next day i asked the boss to put me up in a hotel local to the job. The text came through with the address so after finishing work i popped the postcode into my satnav and drove.

On arrival i initially thought i must be at the wrong place and maybe had driven up David Beckhams driveway. Tree lined on each side with statues a real beauty ! The the main building comes into view and then i thought i had definitely pulled into Beckhams Mansion ! This building is Gorgeous. Obviously an old Stately home that has been converted into a hotel i'm thinking wow i have found a place here but will the rest of the stay compliment the outside of the building?

The simple answer is YES!

Walking through the main door to check- in i was greeted by a very welcoming lady and simply went into the main waiting area.

Now i have been transported back in time, beautiful decor, well maintained, a real oldy world feel to it. The lady at reception came through after a minute gave me my KEY, yes a key not a card and explained where my room was. I had a heavy bag that i needed to drop off to my room before getting a drink and venturing outside as it was a beautiful day so walked up the staircase to my room. On opening the door my jaw dropped, 4 POSTER BED, CLEAN, AIRY and the VIEW oh YES!

Right that was it im out the door and to the bar and i'm greeted by a Polishman and a Spaniard
who were great. I ordered a couple of bottles of Cider, 1 pint glass with ice, paid and proceeded outside.

Walking through the patio doors to the outside grounds well all i can say is stunning. Fields, trees, a tractor doing it's job, Beautiful ! After 15 minutes the Polish waiter/barman came outside and sat down and we had a nice chat, he actually spoke better English than some of the Englishmen i know.

Sun started setting so it was dinner time.

To cut the story short the food was great which didn't surprise me as everything had been perfect so far.

So would there be a downfall ?

Well the only thing that bothered me was the price of the cider. £4 for a 440ml bottle of cider !

I liked this hotel so much i asked to stay there 2 days later when i was back in the area.

This is a must stay if in the area.

My overall rating has got to be 4.75

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
It appears we bowled you over! You're not the first customer to feel that way. Glad you came back and hopefully you may become a regular if your work continues in the Gatwick area. See you soon!
Newent, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Having been delayed for three hours sitting in stationary traffic on the M23 when heading to Gatwick I missed my flight. I needed somewhere to stay urgently close to the airport so I could quickly get to Gatwick early the following morning. I found a good deal on Laterooms.com at Stanhill Court and was pleased with the hotel. The staff and management were very welcoming, our room clean and comfortable and the bar meal we had very tasty.

The hotel is around 10 minutes drive back to Gatwick. It offers free parking for the length of your travels to anyone staying at the hotel and I will certainly avail myself of this in future. Not only cheaper than the long stay parking at the airport but also stress free and I don't plan on missing my flight again.

The property is an old manor style house set in 35 acres which was pleasant to walk around on an early sunny evening in June.

Beware, no lift!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind response and we look forward to welcoming you again soon. Glad you found us!
Maidstone
Reviewed June 25, 2013

A lovely hotel in a lovely setting. We stayed here the night before jetting off from Gatwick (about a 10-12 minute drive way). It was a great start to one's holiday. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the food in the restaurant was superb and the view from our (four poster) bedroom was of beautiful countryside. The grounds were nice to walk around and the hotel was surprisingly tranquil considering it distance from the airport! We are going back for a weekend stay in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you! I hope it's not too long before we welcome you both once again.
Dagenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Beautiful hotel in beautiful surroundings, lovely food and friendly staff equate to a simply wonderful overnight stay. Old style charm with the room decor and furniture and although a wooden four poster is not the quietest of beds it was extremely comfortable and complimented the charm of Stanhill Court. The secret gardens took some finding but we did encounter young deer while searching, all in all for a romantic break or wedding venue this is a gem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you on another occasion
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am sure this was once a fine establishment but unfortunately it has seen better days. The decor is now very shabby and the rooms quite scruffy. This is a shame because the basic fabric of this old house is excellent with panelling and ornate plaster ceilings. It just has the feel of having seen better days. There was nothing awful about as food was fine breakfast okay etc but it had no magic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PKLH
luxury4poster, Owner at Stanhill Court Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are disappointed that you feel we have no 'magic' here when so many of our guests say the opposite. 'That a gem', 'The best of the best', etc.

Everything in the hotel is regularly maintained with an ongoing programme of re-painting and new drapes and soft furnishings when required.

I do hope this does not detract from you staying with us on another occasion and we look forward to welcoming you again, soon.

Vinca, France
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Gatwick and it is truly beautiful. The gardens are superb and we sat out on the large patio in the evening sun admiring the beauty of the garden. The food was equally matched with superb presentation and wonderful tastes. The waiter served us with white gloves on, exactly how service should be. Well done to you all we will return soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments. We certainly have one of the best sunset's around and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Owner/Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlwood
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Sofitel London Gatwick
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Ghyll Manor Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Stanhill Court Hotel? Share your experiences!