“Excellent Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chilli Spice

Chilli Spice
Reserve with OpenTable
Chilli Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 113 Restaurants in Camberley
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Pakistani
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Chilli Spice is the latest Indian Restaurant to open in town. At Chilli Spice we collect the finest ingredients to create traditional Indian cuisine. With an open kitchen you can watch the chefs live in action as they prepare mouthwatering dishes. Decor at Chilli Spice is refined and ultra modern making your visit even more enjoyable. Come and join us to see how traditional Indian food is served with our famous Family naan and our hand made Karahis. To finish off the meal keep space to try our Indian desserts or go simple and help yourself to the Gelato ice cream bar.
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

As I go pass this restaurant a few times. I decided to give it a go. I really enjoyed it as the service was amazing as well as the food the waiters was very friendly and they made sure we were happy. I went last tuesday and it was banquet nigh, all I could say it was explicent and I would go there again.

1 Thank kolabagan

Chobham, United Kingdom
“another great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

We went back to chilli spice last week, and once again were not disappointed, we were warmly greeted at the door by the staff and manager, shown to our table, it was very warm outside and as we sat down a portable air conditioner was wheeled over in our direction, a nice touch I thought.
we ordered our poppadoms and then mains, there were plenty of relishes for the poppadoms.
For our mains we both tried something different, my partner had Chicken & Prawn Special Balti, cooked to her taste and I went for Karahi Fish & Potato, both with rice and a naan, as usual there was plenty there to eat, and wonderful flavours. Another great meal here, no room for desserts too full. Keep up the good work. Thanks

1 Thank gazzza2013
London
“What were they thinking!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

I've been reading the tripadvisor reviews about this place and wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

On the Chili Spice website and flyers they advertised that the offer a £5.99 buffet. I was intrigued. I turned up to the restaurant and there was no buffet. Not surprised as the place was empty.

We ordered off the menu and I opted for the Sheekh kebab and Lahore Chicken. (One of my favorites if it is made right!) My colleagues ordered the Lamb Chops, Chicken Tikka Masala, chicken and cheese :OS and ginger lamb.

Visually the restaurant is visually pleasant, open plan kitchen so you can see the chefs when they're cooking away and nice clean decor.

Also the website sold this place to me, providing a nice story about the owner and how much pride they take in the food.

So out come the starters. Lamb Chops.... or should I say lamb chop. Yes you read that right, they served us one lamb chop! Sheekh Kebab consisting of one small 6 inch piece with salad and some fancy decoration on the plate and lastly chicken with cheese... You guessed it, a smal piece of chicken with melted cheese on top very sloppily presented.

Flavours were ok but the portions were not so good. 1 lamb chop! 6 Inch piece of sheekh kebab and poor tiny portion of the chicken. How are you supposed to share this? My goodness. My friend complained and they decided to bring out another lamb chop for him. The menu said LAMB CHOPS PEOPLE!!

So this obviously did not get them off to a great start.

On to the main course.

I ordered the Lahore Chicken Karahi hoping that they would make up for thier starter fail. Out comes the chicken, lamb and chicken tikka masala together. Looks fantastic. I started tucking into the Lahore Chicken and found 3... Yes THREE pieces of chicken that consisted of mostly bone. So yes, I realised I was paying £6.50 for three pieces of chicken and some curry sauce. How on earth could you possibly think that this was right? My friend that ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala counted 4 pieces in his dish. Is there a shortage here? Did they not get thier delivery? I was very annoyed at this point. Called the waiter over and showed him the portions and he offered to make another. Fair enough, should have made it right in the first place. I said not to worry as I know how long it takes to make this dish and could potentially be waiting a while. I suggested to make a chicken tikka dry for us as this is quite quick to cook. 10 minutes later out comes this plate with a 5 pieces of chicken covered with sauteed onions. Rather than cooking the chicken in the tandoor like any chef would do this chef took the liberty to cook it in a wok with onions. I can not understand how you can screw this up! But they did. Also did not want to mention that the new chicken was pink on the inside. Not good!

The waiters tried there best to remedy the situation by offering a free round of drinks and dessert. We opted out and asked for them to remove the drinks from the bill instead as we were running late. Out comes the bill with the drinks on it. Not sure if the waiter was asleep during our encounter or just didn't care. Everntually got it right after us having to mention it to them.

There were three Chefs in the Kitchen. Could not believe that not even one of them found the food or the portions to be questionably light.

I left Chili Spice dissapointed, not satisfied and feeling ripped off. Poor Effort guys.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Chef_Bernie
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

What a surprise, went out to chilli spice with friends . Expecting the usual from a curry house .
We were greeted at the door taken to our table got a few drinks while we choose what to eat . We all ordered our food & not long to wait , dinner was served . Absolutely fantastic , taste , flavour , texture & in my opinion it wasn't the usual fill u up & u feel sluggish afterwards .
Perfect food , staff very friendly & we will definetly revisit . If u havnt already been there ur missing out ! Ps the vanilla ice cream is delicious :-)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“First time visit! 10/10!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend regularly order from chilli spice for delivery, however decided to visit this time, and we're glad we did! The staff are fantastic, very efficient and deliver excellent customer service, even little things like holding the doors open for you on arrival and when you leave! This is rare to find nowadays. The food was superb and the value is superb. Unfortunate we didn't get to have a desert! We'll be back very soon! 10/10!!

1 Thank Sadielouiseshennan