Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Travelodge Frimley(Frimley Green)
2,143 results
All reviewslinden restaurantfeature roomlovely hotellovely groundsrelaxing breaksteam room and saunano liftmain buildingfollowing morningweddingfacialascotvenue
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at Frimley Hall in May for a long weekend. I say long but we actually checked out early and came home, something I have never done before. The Hotel is in desparate need on renovation with rooms seemingly undecorated from the 70s. They just felt dirty. Not that it bothered us particularly but there was no mini bar or fridge in the room. The walls are so thin that you can clearly hear the conversations from the rooms either side. There was insufficient staff. On the saturday evening we decided to eat in the bar. We sat for half an hour waiting for someone to take our order before giving up and driving around the area to look for a restaurant. A narrow escape as another couple finally received their food just as we were leaving. Unless they had ordered burnt steaks I have a feeling that their meal was not as anticipated. To be fair breakfast was fine if a little old fashioned. Their speciality is a full cooked English which seems a little strange for a Spa Hotel. We had smoked salmon and scrammbled eggs which was fine and the breakfast staff were pleasant. We decided we couldn't bare to stay another night there so checked out early something that the front desk seemed very used to. I had paid in advance but did not ask for a refund. I was promised that the manager would call me the following week. Of course I heard nothing.

Room Tip: Ask for one that has been redorated in the last 10 years.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephen A, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

.Thank you for your review. I was most concerned to read your comments, as the issues raised are certainly not in keeping with the standards, quality and customer care normally associated with Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls experienced on this occasion. If you would like to contact me at the Hotel directly, I would be more than happy to discuss your comments further and resolve the outstanding issues for you and indeed extend you a warm welcome back to Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed one night for a spa-day and dinner package. Agree with other reviewers that this was ok given we were on a deal, but wouldn't pay full whack for it.

The hotel is largely lovely from the outside (beautful manor house with an unattractive 1970s block attached, luckily overgrown with ivy!) and has a nice, sunny garden area with tables where you can order bar drinks. Most of the staff we saw were smiley but a bit dopey and we had a number of issues with our lunch order - to her credit the waitress resolved these patiently and with a smile.

We used the spa in the afternoon - this let the place down. it has a decent sized indoor pool, small sauna and small steam room. Changing rooms are a good high standard. Not sure if the ventilation was broken when we stayed, but it was stiflingly stuffy and there is no outdoor terrace to relax - given it was a nice day this was a pity to be stuck inside by a humid pool!

4 of our group had excellent treatments however 2 of us did not (full body and hot stone massages with a less-experienced therapist caused the problem). Our therapist was very friendly just needs a bit more practice! We were very impressed with the supervisory on duty, as when we complained he arranged 50% off our treatments the following day and a bottle of wine (and not just the house wine!) for dinner.

Dinner was excellent, mainly due to the front of house manager - we could not have asked for better service, he really went out of his way. Food was pretty good, particularly the veggie tagine.

Rooms are plenty good enough but nothing special and the corridors etc. feel quite tired. Lovely entrance hall though!

Room Tip: All seemed the same from what we saw.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Many thanks for your review. I was concerned to read your comments and can only apologise for the two treatments not being of a good standard and for the issues with your Lunch. I was pleased to note that my Supervisor in the Spa offered a suitable conclusion for you and I was also pleased to note that you enjoyed your Dinner in the Linden Restaurant. I do hope that you will afford us the opportunity to extend you a warm welcome back soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night starting on a Friday. We stayed in an executive room which was decent enough in size, don't know what a standard double would have looked like though. Our room was over the function room with a wedding reception going on until 1am. That didn't bother us, but I think a heads-up when we checked in would have been appropriate. We had our massages soon after we checked in, which were lovely (Thanks Holly for mine) and came out feeling very, very relaxed.
Service at dinner was very slow despite there being very few people at the early sitting and we got the impression that staff felt rushed when we asked for the dessert menu well over an hour and a half after being seated. Other than that staff were pleasant in
the restaurant.
The following morning breakfast was lovely and staff were attentive.
I used the spa facilities and the pool was a nice temperature. The sauna felt a little small, even when only two people were in it. The steam room was very nice.
Overall it was a very nice one night break and I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your Spa Break and that your treatments were enjoyed. Please accept my sincere apologies for the slow service during dinner and indeed for not being informed that a function was taking place during your stay. I do hope that you will consider returning to Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

It is a lovely venue, my friends got married there. The decor was great, but the bar was very unorganised, the beer was warm and flat. I raised this with them the day before the wedding and they said it would be fixed but on the day it was still warm, very disappointing. On the day the staff weren't very 'customer focussed' it was also raised with the staff that there was no red bull, one of the guests of the wedding had to go and buy some.!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed here recently on business. The hotel location is good and the rooms are very comfortable with excellent bathrooms. Unfortunately I didn't stay for very long and therefore wasn't able to try out the spa facilities. Breakfast was very good. The hotel could probably do with a bit of modernisation but certainly has a great deal of charm. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. In terms of modernisation, we are continually investing on refurbishment works both on our public areas and bedrooms. The main corridor of the ground floor will be recarpeted this week!! I do hope you will consider Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa for any requirements you may have the next time you are visiting the area.