Me and my friend decided to do the whole, 'girly spa day/night' and she booked everything for me as I was busy with work.
The grounds are amazing and the entrance hall is stunning. We got very excited and our spirits where high.
We got checked in but not told where anything was or what times. Even though we where asked if we had been before and told her no. So we felt lost. However she did find the time to tell us the £3 charge of paying on credit card, but when you read the booklet in the room it only says £2 fee.
Finally found the room and there was a massive rip in one chair and cracked tiles on the bath.
We went for cream tea and was told to go to the bar and there was no body there. So my friend took a wonder to find someone and we was sent to the wrong place. We had cream tea and asked for some plain scones but got none.
We went to the spa(we had to guess where it was) for our treatments who had no towels/robes for us and the lady openingly moaned about us coming over later in the day so we had to go up without any robes. Some of the lights do not work in the relaxation room and it needs a good clean and re-paint. We was not shown where anything was like water ect. My massage was good except she asked me where I get the problems an did nothing to that area. My friends massage was good but the lady's personal hygiene was not great and this ruined the experience for my friend. When we came back down a lovely gentlemen found us some robes but no towels.
There was kids jumping in the pool which meant I couldn't swim as they where taking up the swimming lane also. There was life guard to tell them to stop. There is also no jacuzzi which was a let down.
We then went to our room and noticed that some of the lights in the hallway did not work and the paper by the radiator was coming off the wall.
We then went to find dinner as we had not been told where it was. The restaurant manager was brilliant and we enjoyed our dinner. The only disappointment was the side of 'mixed seasonal veg' was only carrots and kale which I already had on my plate.
We went up to bed and had a decent nights sleep and the shower was good. And the room service was very prompt.
We went down to breakfast and again the restaurant manager was brilliant. He got us the table my friend wanted and dealt with a very difficult man. This other customer was my only complaint that morning as the restaurant team where very busy and that man was obviously in a bad mood as he was just as awful to his partner as he was to the restaurant staff.
I feel that there are some really good people that work here and some really awful people too. I would love to get my hands on the place and shake it up a little.
If only one or two of these things had happened I wouldn't be so disappointed but things just kept going and it was such a shame as I could have done with what I booked a nice relaxing spa day/night.
We didn't even bother going to the spa on Sunday as I just wanted to get home. My friend was so upset as she had booked it for us both. I said it didn't matter as spending some quality time with her was the most important thing.
Basically, the place needs a good spruce-up and some of the team need some training in customer service.
This is my first negative review and I feel awful. I do hope they sort things out soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Victorian Manor House, on the Surrey/Berkshire border, just 15 minutes away from the M3 Motorway, Ascot Racecourse and Farnborough Airfield, boasting landscaped grounds, 98 bedrooms with every modern facility and a Vital Leisure Club with 5 Beauty Treatment Rooms. The ideal venue for all occasions whether it be business,conference or a Wedding, Macdonald Frimley Hall is Surrey's premiere Wedding venue. This Victorian Hotel is the perfect stayover for trips to Legoland, Windsor Castle, Ascot Racecourse and Virginia Water. The award winning 2 AA Rosette Linden Restaurant offers a sumptuous Menu,using the highest quality produce available to our Chef. Macdonald Frimley Hall's Spa facilities include a 17 metre swimming pool, technogym, sauna and steam room plus beauty treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa Camberley, Surrey