My partner and I booked a night away for our birthdays and to have a break from the children. We were really looking forward to it. Upon our arrival we were met with a friendly receptionist who booked us in gave us our room key. We were given room 201.....
As we opened the door I felt like I had been transported back in time as the room was very dated and in need of some serious updating. I like period features but as we had paid £250 for one night I was extremely disappointed. Our promised garden view turned out to be a view of the air conditioning vents and a few walls. We went back to reception and asked if we could change rooms and the receptionist was very accommodating. We were then given a room 303.........
Now this room was more like it! A lovely split level room with separate lounge and bedroom. It also had a very big bathroom with underfloor heating. However the room was seriously cold......and had no radiators and single glazed windows. However there were two small electric radiators which I assume was to heat the whole room. We did then notice the climate control switches on the wall, ah fair enough I thought they should work. Oh they don't......never mind the room was very nice so once again we went downstairs and asked if we were not understanding how to turn them on. We were told by the same very friendly receptionist that we just needed to press the on button. Funny but I didn't think of that.........
While we were waiting for the heating to 'kick in' we sat in the lounge bar and had a drink. Again the staff were very friendly and the afternoon tea was very nice. Upon getting back to the room about 45 minutes later the room was still seriously cold and the heating not working. I'm now thinking that its starting to get pretty ridiculous especially for £250 per night.
A third trip to reception and the same very friendly receptionist then gave us the room to 301. This room was a standard size, nice bed, nice view, nice bathroom and the heating worked. We settled for this one as it had taken nearly 3 hours since arriving to un pack our bags. I headed for the gym and pool, which I must say was quite nice while the other half had a bath and relaxed.
The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was good too.
Overall I was disappointed with my stay but cannot fault the staff as they were very accommodating. I don't think I would be recommending the hotel to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Victorian Manor House, on the Surrey/Berkshire border, just 15 minutes away from the M3 Motorway, Ascot Racecourse and Farnborough Airfield, boasting landscaped grounds, 98 bedrooms with every modern facility and a Vital Leisure Club with 5 Beauty Treatment Rooms. The ideal venue for all occasions whether it be business,conference or a Wedding, Macdonald Frimley Hall is Surrey's premiere Wedding venue. This Victorian Hotel is the perfect stayover for trips to Legoland, Windsor Castle, Ascot Racecourse and Virginia Water. The award winning 2 AA Rosette Linden Restaurant offers a sumptuous Menu,using the highest quality produce available to our Chef. Macdonald Frimley Hall's Spa facilities include a 17 metre swimming pool, technogym, sauna and steam room plus beauty treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa Camberley, Surrey