“Spa day, excellent and friendly service.”

Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Camberley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Yarm, United Kingdom
“Spa day, excellent and friendly service.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We booked a spa day through TravelZoo. The treatments were great, really relaxing. The relaxation room was lovely with soothing music, the chairs aren't great for a nap as very upright and too short! Leather recliners would have been better. This is minor though, everything else great. Pool is approx 15-20m so fairly decent size, sauna great, steam room not steamy enough! Lunch was good, in the hotel and herbal teas and water available all day. Overall very relaxing experience and good value using the deal we got (£49 per person). Would go back again!

• Stayed April 2013
gm_frimleyhall, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Many thanks Rebeccabownas for your review. I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your Spa visit with us and please be assured that I will pass your comments onto the team.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked a one night spa break with spabreaks.com including use of the spa, 2 mini treatments, a nights stay at the hotel, 3 course dinner and breakfast. The spa itself was fine with a small pool, tiny sauna and steam room, no jacuzzi. Small, but adequate. I did enjoy my treatments, a mini facial and back massage, and there was a nice relaxation room next to the treatment rooms.

However the hotel really let me down. The food was very disappointing - it was a Sunday and I hadn't realised that we'd only be able to have roast dinner (felt a bit strange at 8.30pm) but that would have been fine had the food been nice! My starter of mushroom soup really was poor, the soup had very little flavour, tasting basically as though mushrooms had been blended with water. The main dish was also disappointing - the roast potatoes were terrible, black on the outside, but mushy inside, as if they'd been kept warm all day. The gravy was a one size fits all, same as my boyfriend had on his pork dish. It was all very underwhelming. We then went for a drink in the bar and, although the waiter was very sweet and made an effort to make whatever we asked for, there was absolutely no atmosphere and the whole place felt very hushed, we ended up going up to our room quite early so that we could talk at a normal volume! A bit of music would go a long way to improve the atmosphere.

Our room was nice enough, better than average bathroom and a nice enough room looking over the car park. But I couldn't help feeling that we didn't see the hotel at it's best. Perhaps it was that it was Easter Sunday and they were running with a smaller staff than usual. Breakfast in the morning was very enjoyable, although we splashed out on supplements to get the best options - Eggs Benedict and Kippers. All in all though it was quite disappointing and I don't feel like I got my moneys worth, I wouldn't go back again to stay although I might make use of the spa for a day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charlottes241
Thank you Charlottes241 for your review. I was most concerned to read your comments, as the issues raised are certainly not in keeping with the standards, quality and customer care normally associated with Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls experienced on this occasion. If you would like to contact me at the Hotel directly, I would be more than happy to discuss your comments further and resolve the outstanding issues for you and indeed extend you a warm welcome back to Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Camberley hotels

Uxbridge
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We spent one night at this lovely hotel. Staff are excellent. Room clean, plenty of tea and coffee. The facilities are very good, staff in the Spa very helpful. As for food and drinks.... I thought the drinks were quite expensive (£9.25 for a glass of wine... ouch) and the portion side of the food was rather small (9 chips with my meal). As there are no other restaurants or pubs nearby there was no choice but to eat there. Passed on breakfast at £15.00 a head. If you can afford the food and drink you will have a brilliant time

Room Tip: Our room on the top floor had to contend with the constant drone of the a/c unit but for one night w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_frimleyhall, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Many thanks joannetridgell for your review. I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. In terms of our pricing in both the Bar and the Restaurant, we regularly check our pricing with our local competitor 4 star hotels, to ensure that we are very competitive. Indeed our Restaurant pricing, given that we hold 2 AA Rosettes, is the most competitive and superior quality in the area. I do hope that you will afford us the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the near future.
Cheshire,UK
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had eaten here before but this was my first time staying. The room was ok, bed was comfortable, and everything was clean, fairly new and apart from the window catches being a bit "floppy" (on ground floor so a bit if a worry" everything was fairly standard business hotel fodder.
The hotel is tucked away in the middle of a residential area, i assume the old original building sold off its land for houses, so no road noise whatsoever. The main building is quite ornate, feels quite historic, rooms are off in more modern extentions.
Bar area is quite small but the restaurant is bigger and the food was generally very good. 2 choices for about £20, 3 choices for about £30. Service was very efficient, maybe too efficient, we were asked if we wanted more bread about every 10 mins ! I had a terrine starter, Cod on Kale main and pear bakewell desert, all were good particularly the fish which was cooked perfectly.
Checking out was a bit of a wait, only a small desk with 2 guys dealing with everything.
I would stay again, maybe make use of the extensive leisure/spa facility in the grounds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
gm_frimleyhall, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Many thanks Zoom6562 for your review. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. We look forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future, when hopefully, you will be able to utilise the Leisure facilities.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

There was 4 of us staying and we really enjoyed ourselves, the dinner was excellent with fabulous care, attention to detail and brilliant ambience! We opted for drinks next to the open fire and were attended quickly. Breakfast was great. The swimming pool, sauna and steam room were big enough for us and we would certainly go back again!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_frimleyhall, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Many thanks CharlenePell for your review. I was delighted that you afforded us the opportunity to redeem ourselves, following your last visit. I do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Frimley Hall Hotel for 1 night on a spa break. The hotel is in a nice location and is set back the main road. The staff were very friendly throughout my stay.

I stayed in a twin room which was a little on the small side and was in need of redecorating. I didn't spend too much time in my room though so this wasn't a huge problem.

The spa facilities are in a different building to the hotel which means you cannot stay in your robe for lunch etc which was a shame.

We had one 30 min massage included in our package which was very good. There was a nice relaxation room to use with magazines and complimentary tea. There was also well equipped gym and good sized swimming pool. Unfortunately the sauna wasn't working when we stayed, but we made use of the steam room.

We also had dinner included in our package. The food at the hotel restaurant was of an excellent standard with great service.

Overall, we had a very relaxing stay and would definitely come back to Frimley Hall for a good value for money spa break.

• Stayed March 2013
Many thanks Snailz86 for your review. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed our stay. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you warm welcome back in the near future.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the hotel for two nights on the 10th March. From the outside, the hotel itself was lovely, located in a beautiful setting. We were not let down by the inside either. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. On the first night we ate in the restaurant and had the best beef that either of us had ever tasted! The breakfast on our first morning was fantastic, however, on the second morning we arrived for breakfast slightly later (9.15, breakfast finishes at 9.30). By the time we sat down the continental breakfast was already being cleared away and we felt very rushed. We had a Cooked breakfast again which came out very quickly, however, we were given cold sausages that were barely cooked. Other than that the service was excellent. Had a spa treatment on our second day which was amazing, all facilities nice and clean. Room was also lovely!

• Stayed March 2013
Many thanks akw901 for your review. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. We look forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camberley
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 5 in Egham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,023 reviews

Been to Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!