“Lovely hotel with excellent facilities”

Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Camberley
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Lovely hotel with excellent facilities”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the hotel for two nights on the 10th March. From the outside, the hotel itself was lovely, located in a beautiful setting. We were not let down by the inside either. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. On the first night we ate in the restaurant and had the best beef that either of us had ever tasted! The breakfast on our first morning was fantastic, however, on the second morning we arrived for breakfast slightly later (9.15, breakfast finishes at 9.30). By the time we sat down the continental breakfast was already being cleared away and we felt very rushed. We had a Cooked breakfast again which came out very quickly, however, we were given cold sausages that were barely cooked. Other than that the service was excellent. Had a spa treatment on our second day which was amazing, all facilities nice and clean. Room was also lovely!

• Stayed March 2013
gm_frimleyhall, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Many thanks akw901 for your review. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. We look forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Polish first
Shaldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our rooms were good enough - a bit on the smallish side and with a view of the car park but it served our purposes for an overnight stay for a dinner elsewhere. Prices for rooms OK but prices in bar rather steep. Bar also a little small and not always attended but there were further lounges to be used. Staff pleasant enough and very businesslike. The spa was ok with roped off section for lengths and nice spa and steam room and clean changing rooms - here again all a bit on the small side but adequate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shish57
Many thanks Shish57 for your review. I do hope that you wil afford us the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back to Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa soon.
Hampshire
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for just the one night and overall impressions were good. It would never believe the hotel was there as its ver tucked away but the house itself and the reception are quite imposing and some lovely gardens at the front.
M room was on tHe second floor and was a perfectly respectable room with a good sized wardrobe, a couple of nice chairs and a good sized tv. The room had air conditioning however it didnt seem to heat the room ( was a cold night) and rattled at 2 in the morning which woke me up. The bathroom was ok if a little small but the shower didnt have much power which was disappointing. Nice white fluffy towels.
I was here on business and when I came to check my emails etc I turned on my iPad expecting free broadband however I was faced with a BT log on page asking for £10 for 24 hours service or £6 for 90 minutes. In this day and age and at the prices being charged for the room this is just not acceptable. All hotels of this star rating should give free wireless throughout the hotel.
Breakfast the next morning was excellent with a great selection and a very tasty freshly cooked full English.
Would I stop there again, possibly but only when they give free wireless.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
gm_frimleyhall, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Many thanks Neil D for your review. Whilst I was pleased to note that in general, you enjoyed your stay, I must agree with you regarding the lack of WiFi. Please be assured that this is being addressed so that we indeed offer this facility in the bedrooms, not just on the ground floor, as is the case currently. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back soon.
N Ireland
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently. On arrival met by pleasant staff but when i got to the room i found it was a twin when a double was requested by our travel broker. Spoke to the staff member who indicated a free double room but was not prepared to move me as this was a suite. They must get a lot of late bookings for suites. Anyway I ate out as the restrauant is a rip off for an evening meal. The room was awful I never got much sleep. The single bed was small and the duvet smaller and barely covered me. This room would have been more suited for small children The loud noises from water systems and boiler which felt it was in the room and I could hear every toilet in the vicinity flush and empty Nightmare! On the plus side breakfast service was pleasant and a good service provided

Sorry but we will be looking elsewhere for next year

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank einwod
Many thanks einwod for your review. I was sorry to note the confusion regarding your room. I'm a little suprised at you comment that our Restaurant is a "rip off". We offer a three course dinner for £29.95 which, in comparison to our competitor set, is excellent value offered given that out restaurant boasts 2 AA Rosettes for excellent cuisine. I do hope that your experience on this occasion will not deter you from visiting us again in the future. Indeed, maybe you might take the opportunity to sample the delights in our restaurant.

Travelers are raving about these Camberley hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having just spent the weekend at the hotel I felt I had to write a review as the staff there were fantastic. We received excellent service from everyone we dealt with. We had our room swapped very quickly after we discovered that the couple in the next room were very likely to keep us awake all night whilst they, er, enjoyed each others company!

The food was excellent, the breakfast in particular was fantastic. Poached eggs cooked to perfection and I'm told the haddock was too.

The swimming pool and gym were very nice and the only thing lacking was a jacuzzi.

Room was excellent and very clean. I would definitely visit this hotel again, thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mouseymousey
gm_frimleyhall, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Many thanks mouseymousey for your review. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. We look forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business and found the hotel to be a good all round performer. When I booked they only had twin rooms available but upon check in they very kindly moved me to a double. The room was a good size and had every thing I needed - as someone who likes to drink a lot of water, the complimentary bottle was a nice touch.

I got a chance to have a swim while I was there and the leisure facilities were very nice and very clean. I did not eat in the restaurant but the bar was nice and I liked the separate lounge area where you could sit, enjoy and drink and use the piece and quiet to relax or work!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks Dancingbob 10 for your review. I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the kind comments. I do hope that you will afford us the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the near future and indeed hopefully you will have a chance to sample the fantastic cuisine we offer in the Restaurant!
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We returned yesterday from another Friday night spa stay at the hotel and feel moved again to express how wonderful the hotel, staff and facilities are. This time we took our Mother with us and she enjoyed every minute.
The hotel staff's attention to detail is quite unique - they are polite and courteous at all times, from the reception desk to the restaurant and bar. The warm welcome received is a reflection of the excellent reception management of Gurinder Singh.
The rooms were stunning and spotlessly clean, the food again of the best level we have experienced. Dinner was absolutely lovely, the meat so well cooked. And breakfast was delicious - so many excellent choices and so very well presented.
The spa facilities are also wonderful. My husband commented that Kerri's massage was 'the best he had ever experienced'. We had a wonderful afternoon enjoying all the facilities and the beautiful clean pool.
Without a doubt this is certainly a taste of luxury, a moment away from the rush of everyday life, which we will return to enjoy again. You will never be disappointed with a stay at Frimley Hall!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kazway
gm_frimleyhall, General Manager at Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Many thanks Kazway for your review. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. We look forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camberley
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa
#1 of 5 in Egham
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!