We booked one night at this hotel as part of a celebration with the aim of relaxing and enjoying some quality time together at what appeared to be the ideal hotel for this. Unfortunately we are very disappointed and frustrated at our experience at this hotel.
1. When we went in to our executive room it was extremely cold, we had to put the heating on in the room and wait for around an hour with our coats on for the room to heat up.
2. I went to have a relaxing bath to find what appeared to be the contents of someone's nose with blood smeared on the wall.
3. We then decided to enjoy a meal in the restaurant, the food was of a mediocre standard and we found that it was very overpriced costing us £95 for a two course meal each and a glass of wine each, a large glass of red wine was £9 we feel that the food and drink certainly do not warrant such extortionate prices. Especially with a 12.5 percent service charge and a charge of £12 for open food which was bread!
4. We then became very frustrated when we wanted to relax and sleep in our room and could not do this due the Christmas party which was taking place underneath our room it felt like the party was taking place in our room, we called reception and explained our frustration and we were offered an apology, we then tried to persevere with this but could not no longer tolerate the noise so called reception and asked to be moved which they promptly did move us to the other end of the hotel which was quiet and had the peace that we were seeking but the room was certainly not the executive room in which we had paid for.
The following morning we asked to speak to the manager to discuss our complaint but we were told by the reception manager that he was not around and they would email us which has not happened.
We have stayed in many hotels and We have never felt the need to complain about a hotel but on this occasion we can not keep our frustrations to ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Victorian Manor House, on the Surrey/Berkshire border, just 15 minutes away from the M3 Motorway, Ascot Racecourse and Farnborough Airfield, boasting landscaped grounds, 98 bedrooms with every modern facility and a Vital Leisure Club with 5 Beauty Treatment Rooms. The ideal venue for all occasions whether it be business,conference or a Wedding, Macdonald Frimley Hall is Surrey's premiere Wedding venue. This Victorian Hotel is the perfect stayover for trips to Legoland, Windsor Castle, Ascot Racecourse and Virginia Water. The award winning 2 AA Rosette Linden Restaurant offers a sumptuous Menu,using the highest quality produce available to our Chef. Macdonald Frimley Hall's Spa facilities include a 17 metre swimming pool, technogym, sauna and steam room plus beauty treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa Camberley, Surrey