I Booked this hotel for a Family birthday. It is hard enough finding a place to suit yourself let alone 7 other couples, especially when you read the varied hotel comments on Tripadvisor. So after much deliberation i finally choose Frimley Hall and i am really pleased i did.
The whole occasion went really well and the staff could not be more helpful. There were a few niggles but i think you get that with many hotels as everyones tastes and expectations are always so different. Our overall experience was very good. The rooms were nice and clean - not too small, with many little extras, iron & board, nice toiletries, robe and slippes and fully stocked minibar. The TV was an LCD flatscreen.
We were in the newer wing and not all the rooms we booked had a good view but again we did have just the basic rooms so you kind of expect that. The coridoors were hot as previously mentioned and the hotel is located within a housing estate but it is a very nice area with nice houses so don't be put off by this as i was initially. Once you enter the hotel grounds you wouldn't know.
We had a private fuction and the meal was not fantastic, but the service was very good. We never got to try the main restaurant for dinner but the breakfast was excellent, cooked to order with self service of cereals, fruit etc.
The Spa was lovely, My husband and I had a full body massage. Mine was the best ever and my husbands was OK, again these kind of things are always hit and miss dependant on the therapist.
Overall, I would go back to this hotel again if i was visiting the area and use it as a base but i may not if i was looking for a Romantic country retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Victorian Manor House, on the Surrey/Berkshire border, just 15 minutes away from the M3 Motorway, Ascot Racecourse and Farnborough Airfield, boasting landscaped grounds, 98 bedrooms with every modern facility and a Vital Leisure Club with 5 Beauty Treatment Rooms. The ideal venue for all occasions whether it be business,conference or a Wedding, Macdonald Frimley Hall is Surrey's premiere Wedding venue. This Victorian Hotel is the perfect stayover for trips to Legoland, Windsor Castle, Ascot Racecourse and Virginia Water. The award winning 2 AA Rosette Linden Restaurant offers a sumptuous Menu,using the highest quality produce available to our Chef. Macdonald Frimley Hall's Spa facilities include a 17 metre swimming pool, technogym, sauna and steam room plus beauty treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Camberley
- Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa Camberley, Surrey