“Lovely food”

Add it.
The Real China
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy a feast of freshly prepared dishes from China and the Far East and remember you can enjoy as much food as you like for one price! Great selection with a tepenyaki bar and desert counter all included in the price.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The food is buffet style which was incredibly fresh and replenished all the time there is loads of choice and there is a grill where you can choose food that can be cooked to your liking. Is a family friendly restaurant and good value for money

5  Thank Madwife28

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Brilliant buffet - loved the banana fritters food fantastic.
There is a great selection of dishes to pick from and also a stand where you can have food cooked for you. A mixture of japanese and Chinese food.

4  Thank melissa116
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This Camberley institution has gone down hill fast.

On my recent visit, the soups were served cold, and thin. The starters and appetisers were again cold and greasy.
The Peking Duck is atrocious, the pancakes fall apart, the spring onions and cucumber are flavourless, the meat is all fat and served cold. When you make a pancake, it falls apart in your hands, leaving you coated in plum sauce. the sauce is just sugar and salt.

The Singapore noodles were flavourless and cold. Mussels and prawns were served cold. meat was severedin high sugar sauces or dripping in fat.

The puddings are stale, poor quality rubbish with no real ingedients.

Even the China tea was pale and uninteresting.

This should be a fun cheap place, but in fact its just a middle to expensive culinary disaster.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have eaten here before at lunch and enjoyed it so decided to try dinner- a big mistake. Firstly, the selection was more limited than at lunch- not fair when you're paying twice the price. Worse still, many dishes appear to have been reheated not cooked fresh, they tasted over cooked, really chewy and the sauces were very watery. A lot of the battered items and spring rolls etc were burnt on the outside but cold in the middle. Furthermore, the heating was on in the restaurant and it was incredibly hot- our baby had to strip down to her bodysuit! I asked to speak to the manager but was told he wasn't there, I would have refused to pay if our baby hadn't been getting tired and upset ( and sweaty!) but we just wanted to go home. Over night all 4 of us who had eaten there became sick- I really don't think this is coincidence, especially as our baby who didn't eat the buffet was fine. I emailed the restaurant with my concerns about their food but have not received a reply. We will never go here again.

2  Thank emyegg
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We eat out regularly, in camberly our regular choice is Wagamamas! Due to being pregnant I wanted to try something different with my husband and 5 year old son.
We chose the The Real China, it had just opened so I felt comfortable that everything was fresh.
The choice was good but the general quality of meat cuts were poor the dishes were bland not remotely special and the fried battered items were heavy and overly sweet! Overall I can cook better oriental dishes at home .....
We all ate similar meat dishes but my son tried a mussel which was the only item my husband and I did not eat, he ended up being violently sick through the night .
I was not sick but had cramping and regular trips to the toilet throughout the night.
All in all for the £40 that we paid I will never stray from what I know and trust again!

1  Thank Heidi H