“Poor food and portions”

Beefeater Rackstraws Farm
Ranked #39 of 122 Restaurants in Camberley
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Discover the famous flavour of freshly prepared food, chargrilled to perfection at our Rackstraws Farm steak restaurant! A dairy farm up until the 1970s, our bar area is a listed building and full of character!
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Beefeater restaurants before and usually find them ok but on this occasion I was disappointed. Originally I was going to the Toby carvery in Frimley but there was a queue to add your name to tbe waiting list. So on the way back home I popped on here and was pleased to see that they had roast for lunch. However it soon became obvious that despite being quiet the staff were rushed off there feet. When the food arrived the beef was tough and stringy and the vegetables were all mushy. Thw portion sizes were lamentable. . I suppose I know why the place is so quite.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The service in the bar is far superior to the restaurant for food. Much easier to go to bar to order food and drinks than to wait for the server in restaurant to notice that you are waiting for their attention!
Good atmosphere in bar as well. Same food but much quicker.
Bit pricey for what it is though.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a chain and the food is standardised and generic. I had not booked, that was not a problem, we were dealt with promptly and the staff were friendly. I had Calamari stater and a 10oz rare ribeye steak and that's what I got. My mother had chicken liver paté and Haddock and chips and that's what she got. I had a glass of dry white wine and we shared a bottle of very drinkable Shiraz. Everything was tasty, appropriately cooked and served promptly. It's not upmarket but its not trying to be. Everything was most satisfactory. A very nice unfussy meal with satisfied customers on a busy Friday night. Great with kids. It does exactly what it says on the tin and that's just fine! I really enjoyed my meal, the service, the family atmosphere, and the company of my 90 year old mum!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had an emergency at home, and had to find overnight accommodation at short notice. Pennie in reception there was fantastic. She was very pleasant and helpful and managed to ease our tensions and got us booked into an excellent room. We went for the mealdeal as mentioned previously, which is excellent value. I had Pâté and Smoked Chicken/Bacon salad. Both were very nice and I then had the Lemon Meringue sundae which was delicious. My partner had a huge Prawn Cocktail and steak, which were also very good.Breakfast was excellent, they have a notice advising that Soy milk is available which was good. Food was hot. Staff very attentive. Only one problem. There was only one toaster and as the Hotel was full there was a long queue for toast.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was rather disappointed with my experience at this Restaurant. On the plus side it's a clean, bright attractive place, but the food was very average and thus I found it over-priced. I had steak and my son had the ribs and neither meal was awful but then again neither stood out as being in any way special. I thought portions were on the small side and the supposedly bottomless supply of spiced chips were not forthcoming. No-one offered them and our waitress did a disappearing act when we would have liked to have them replenished. The sweets were very standard and not worth the money charged. Shan't hurry back and The Golden Retriever a few miles away offers more choice, better food and better value.