“Heatherbank B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Camberley B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Heatherbank B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Heatherbank B&B Excellent i stay in the red room was clean and tidy Excellent size room Excellent bed and big TV and DVD Player. Hospitality excellent good breakfast.

i recommend Heatherbank B&B Excellent value from money.

Room Tip: i recommend The Red Room big TV and DVD Player and Pool Tabe
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dannybetts123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Interesting welcome with parrots flying around and squawking! But once initial surprise over, hosts welcoming and room lovely. Bit worried about parrots flying loose, and cage by breakfast area...although locked in at night and very quiet in the house.... Bathroom again was by the parrots so had to be careful not to wake them at night! Despite nice room, did feel in midst if someone's home, with private living area next door, and tv on loud bright and early...not ideal... Breakfast was lovely...just bit worried about parrots around etc... Forgot to mention lizards and snakes outside our room in tanks!
May not return but handy location for frimley hall hotel, walking distance..just all a bit 'alternative'

Room Tip: Not downstairs
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Rinster1
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed as a family for a night. The property has such warm and welcoming decor, you feel as an important guest to an old friend's house. All is tasteful and very clean. The lady of the house served us a freshly cooked tasty breakfast and the couple who run it even spared a minute to chat to us and inform us about nice things to see around.
It was so relaxing, the garden is beautiful too. We had our packed tea outside whilst our toddler had a fab time on the trampoline.
Give it a try, it is well worth it! If you are of a romantic nature it really transports you, the building has character and history.

Room Tip: Have a word with the people running it and tell what you need beforehand. We requested a big room fo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nice, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here two nights on my way to a wedding.
This place is extremely quirky, but as a writer, I thought that was a plus. If quirky isn't your thing then you'll want to stay elsewhere, but as an antidote to the antiseptic plastic universe of Premier Inn, this place is fab. I may even put it in a future novel.
I was greeted by a man with a parrot on each shoulder, asked to take my shoes off, and then led into the splendid, if rambling interior.
The owners were friendly and helpful, and not only served me an excellent cooked breakfast, but gave me a guided tour of their vast collection of reptiles (in aquariums, thankfully).
My room was large enough that the pool table (!)in the centre of the room was not a problem, and the single bed was perfectly comfortable.
There was a little traffic noise from the nearby main road, which I'm not used to, but I slept well all the same.
Bathroom and WC was shared but clean and spacious.
In a nutshell, if you want somewhere perfect and new with air-con and an en-suite, then this isn't for you. But if you fancy a night in a rambling reptile-filled Faulty-Towers with a smile and a good breakfast thrown in then this place is tip-top.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Aladdino-Nice
Pekin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Our group of four adults had a very pleasant stay for one night prior to our departure from Heathrow the following day. John and Mary were friendly hosts. The accommodations were clean and well furnished although not luxurious. If you are put off by removing your shoes inside the house or sharing a bathroom, this is not the place for you. Otherwise,the reasonable cost and excellent full breakfast as well as friendly hospitality make this a great value. Free parking is available on site.
Although we were sharing a bathroom with a tenant who worked nights, we never saw this person and the bathroom was clean and well furnished. The B & B is only a short walk from the local rail station; we had a convenient ride to/from London and a pleasant day in the city before returning late to the B & B.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

When we arrived at Heatherbank we were made welcome by Mary; who was very friendly.
Mary then showed us to our room,then showed us the bathroom and dinning room.
We were very pleased with our room/ It was comfortable and very clean. The beds were also the same.We were then given a key so we could come and go as we pleased.
In the morning we had our breakfast/ WICH WAS PERFECT. We had a good chat with Mary and John [ who was quite a character } We had a very pleasant stay at Heatherbank

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

I booked Heatherbank B&B for the Friday night before my wedding in September for my whole Bridal party (11 people). I was getting married in the area, and live in North London, so it was essential for us all to stay near the venue to get ready for the Big Day. After searching websites, Heatherbank appeared ideal for my requirements and, following further communications with Mary (the owner/manager), I booked the entire cottage over a year before the wedding.

One of my key requirements was that we could have full use of the cottage until 1.30pm on the Saturday, when we were to be collected for the 2pm Ceremony, as that was where we would all be getting ready with our stylists, and with our photographer and videographer in attendance. Mary assured us that this was no problem and she confirmed a late checkout of 2pm for everyone at no extra cost – even if she got a booking for the Saturday night, as she ‘could still get ready in time for her check-in time’.
As these accommodation arrangements were key to my wedding plans, I then confirmed the booking, and these special arrangements, several times in the run up to the wedding - all fully documented in email communications between us.

A week and a half before the wedding, Mary suddenly emailed me to say she had taken bookings for the Saturday night and, though she realised ‘there is a huge problem for you’, ‘I have to ask you to check out of your rooms at the normal time’ (i.e. 10.30am!!). She “kindly” gave us the option of using some of the rooms, for an extra fee, but must be vacated by midday - or else, use of her private sitting/breakfast rooms (i.e. for 11 people plus stylists, photographer and videographer to get ready for a Wedding!!). I was dumbfounded and extremely upset – this was completely in breach of our confirmed contractual terms agreed over a year before.

My dad called her immediately. She was extremely flustered, but very inconsiderate, unapologetic and in denial about what she had agreed, and hung up on him – later accusing him of being rude. He emailed her copies of her emails as evidence of what she had offered and specifically agreed with us. Her response failed to recognise this, and just referred to her standard terms and conditions. She even accused me of being rude for asking months previously if she would be able to offer any dinner arrangements for the night before my wedding or could she suggest any other local alternatives (when I had only asked about this because she had enquired whether I wanted any special arrangements!!).

Mary ruined my carefully laid plans for my pre-Wedding preparations and then proceeded to behave in a ridiculously rude, unsympathetic and disgraceful manner without even an apology. We were left in despair and very anxious - but it was very clear that, in spite of initial expectations, this was no place to enjoy a happy and reliable pre Wedding experience with my Bridal party. We were left to search for suitable alternative arrangements with just over a week to go. Fortunately, we were successful in this and our Wedding turned out to be a perfectly Magical experience – no thanks to Mary or Heatherbank B&B.

Back from honeymoon, I am now in a better frame of mind to put together this review of a very distressing experience - in the context of what is a very Special and typically stressful time in a young woman’s life. Please be warned about booking Heatherbank for any kind of occasion, but especially for something special. The management cannot be trusted to act competently and reliably or with due consideration for their guests’ needs, even when very clearly agreed in advance.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
10 Thank Sonya214
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camberley
Premier Inn Camberley Hotel
#1 of 8 in Farnborough
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,757 reviews
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
No photo provided

Been to Heatherbank? Share your experiences!