The Spa at Pennyhill Park
Review Highlights
Lazy Thursday evening in the spa

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
debbieingledew
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Great facilities, good food, friendly staff

Reviewed August 22, 2018
paulaaX7580XV
Maidstone, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews changing rooms amazing spa pure luxury salad bar treatment rooms are underwater music plenty of loungers spa experience spa facilities hydrotherapy pool heated beds steam room dressing gowns pool area ice room afternoon tea main course
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came for a couple spa day, many of the spa facilities were either cold (was really looking forward to outdoor spa on cold day) and some were closed. Also had an average massage. Room was nice but overall not impressed. Offered a free spa day - wow, still cost me around £500 for an average day.
...

1  Thank rorymcleod99
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spent relaxing evening here, which included half hour treatment (I got an hours facial as used my partners treatment), snack- wrap or salad- and use of all the spa facilities from 3.30pm. The best part was it was so quiet...as only about 10 people there too (so much less busy than nirvana) , so more or less had outside pool and jacuzzis to ourselves. Loved indoor swimming pool with hydrosound system...so you listen to music while your swimming under the water. Thermal heaven with various cold,heat and steam rooms,,,foot spas and heated beds to relax on created sense of calm and relaxation. Really enjoyable evening. Especially good value on spa package -£100 each for this luxury hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I have been going to Nirvana since it opened, through the good and bad years. I have also been to Pennyhill a few times in it's early years, and as Nirvana was fully booked for a few weeks we decide to come to Pennyhill Park.
Nice reception and staff, we arrived very early and decided to have some breakfast (not incl in our rate) which was usual 5* pricing which we accepted BUT coffee... seriously, £5 a cup. Nirvana includes teas, coffees and soft drinks in it's spa day. As my friend is a major coffee drinker this dampened our start to the day.
We joined in the aquafit which was fun, and then mooched around the steam rooms. The ladies is lovely still, however the mixed steam smells like teenage locker rooms, seriously unpleasant and unhygenic.
Our 3 course lunch was very nice, Nirvana has a different set up with a hot and cold buffet which is better than it sounds, and I have to say I don't really have a preference as they are very different offerings. At Pennyhill we almost felt embaressed to be in our dressing gowns and the main course took so long we thought we might miss our massage.
So massage. I think by reading other recent reviews they must have a tranch of new staff - mine was nervous and I would say only adequate, if that. I felt it was a waste of money.
Fortunately although we visited late Sept we had stunning weather as I think I would have struggled with boredom if we couldn't have been outdoors, there isn't as great a selection of things to do here as at Nirvana.
So a days experience works out at very similar prices for a day with lunch and treatment. However Pennyhill vs Nirvana has a Nirvana win as £5 a cuppa is simply bloody stupid when I have just paid £185 for a day, without accom.
Get real Pennyhill. I'm a locsl but not coming back.

3  Thank shinds
Reviewed September 4, 2018

As above, took my wife here for our wedding anniversary for a relaxing weekend and was told they had no spaces of any type of massage or treatments other than a 30min facial.

Bit of a waste of time as the purpose was to pamper ourselves all weekend.

Will not be recommending to a friend or to my office colleagues, as I am so disappointed.

4  Thank Greggez
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Visited with my wife for massage and spa day. Wife’s massage was good. Mine poor. Had a young apprentice who clearly had no idea. The spa is beginning to look a little tired in places and not particularly clean. The shower in the men’s changing room was blocked with something scummy(!), some of the jets in the jacuzzi were not working, the rubber flaps between the indoor and outdoor jacuzzi are covered in green algae/growth (do not touch) and there were dirty coffee cups and plates by the pool that went unpicked up for hours. The steam room was awesome as was the ice room! Sauna was good. Lunch was quite good, but not overwhelming. Service was fine. Ladies changing room apparently was fine. Better facilities than Cowarth Park but massages are much better at CP.

4  Thank William K
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

The spa has a wonderful selection of facilities to try so you can easily fill a long day working your way through everything. Lunch was excellent - really tasty and well prepared. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Jill was particularly good - making us feel so special - lovely to experience such customer service. I’d say they had overfilled the spa a bit with people - having to wait 45 mins for a robe isn’t great at a quality spa and I’ve never been to any other spa where they’ve run out of robes. But I had a great day and will return.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Pay for 60mins you get 45mins treatment
No point wasting money for any treatments.
£105 for massage that lasts 40minutes
You get charged for a consultation about your massage
Avoid anything in the spa!!!

4  Thank sasha b
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

It's such a shame to see this place going gradually down. While in the spa we have heard the same opinion from other guests, some of which are members. The spa has stunning surrounding and great facilities but sadly either the staff has not been trained properly or they just don't care. They were rude and short with us on numerous occasions. Which destroyed the feeling of relaxation after few hours in the spa. Not going back

3  Thank FoodConnoisseur06
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful surroundings and staff are very attentive felt like royalty wish I could come here every week ❤️

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Booked a package for 2 as a birthday treat including 50 minute massage and afternoon tea. The entrance drive to the estate was spectacular with rhododendron s in different colours either side. Building is just beautiful and elegantly furnished. Lovely greeting and quick guide by receptionist, though on 3 floors we still managed to get lost and had to ask the way a couple of times! Massages were divine and we were given the choice of relaxation in a quiet room afterwards with fruit infused waters or tea and magazines or a darkened room with gel beds. We tried both, though a man snoring loudly in the dark room meant we left quite quickly. Indoor and outdoor jacuzzis had a variety of jets and sharing one with some of the England rugby team, who have a training ground on site and use the facilities, what's not to like! Outdoor and indoor pools ooze elegance. Afternoon tea was exquisite and even got to take the mini cakes we were unable to eat home in a box. We stayed until close and didn't want the day to end.

2  Thank Sue W