“Excellent stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bagshot
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed in the silver birch room which has the most amazing bathroom with two baths separated by a wine chiller and on arrival there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us nicely chilled :-) We then had dinner at the Latymer. The food and service was exceptional but the wine is very pricey! The next day we chilled out in the spa which is great - especially the outdoor hot tubs! The only downside is the saunas are single sex only so you can't go in a couple. Everything else you can do together though. Overall it was a very expensive trip but well worth it for a special occasion. I would definitely recommend it (just make sure you check your bill at the end as they tried to charge me for an extra spa treatment we didn't have).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Anniversary break away on a Saturday night at Pennyhill. Having stayed here a few years back I knew the hotel but it was a first visit together for my wife and I. We were fortunate enough to have an upgrade which saw us stay in the Twickenham Suite - all I can say is this is certainly an amazing room. It's huge with four-poster bed (very comfy) and best of all has a massive hot tub in the bathroom. Service was excellent throughout the stay.

We dined in the Brasserie and the service was prompt without being pushy. My only criticism would be the desserts were small and in my opinion not worth the price. The starters and mains were both delicious and the wine list comprehensive.

A visit to Pennyhill is not complete without a trip to the superb spa which was not too busy on a Sunday morning and whilst my wife had a treatment I spent an hour using the comprehensive facilities.

Enjoyed so much we have booked a return visit already for later this year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StuartR910
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Pennyhill Park Spa is something quite special, the grounds, the rooms, the spa but most of all the staff. I have never met such polite, friendly and helpful staff anywhere, right through the hotel, porters, front desk. waiters, bar, managers, spa, everyone. For me the staff made the place.
My top details were:
Ice cold flannels in the gym for after my run
Bananas in the gym
The changing rooms in the spa, out of this world
The outdoor hydrotherapy pool
The ice cold glass of beer
The gorgeous cocktails
The staff
I hope I am lucky enough to stay there again some day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mithian
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed for one night whilst visiting family, and I had a superb stay. The food was lovely, the staff charming and hospitable, for me it was a shame my stay was too short. The spa looked great but it did not get a chance to use its extensive facilities

Room Tip: I only saw my room but I am sure that they are all lovely
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RoseinVale
Witney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Your 70th Birthday only comes around once and Judith, the Head Waitress in the Ascot Bar, couldn't have been more helpful in making my Mother's Birthday an afternoon to remember. We were blessed with a gorgeous September afternoon and were disappointed to find, on arrival that the terrace area wasn't open. Within five minutes, a table had been set up on the terrace, sun blazing and service that couldn't be faulted. Her friendliness, time to talk, and attentiveness to serve the client made for an afternoon I and my family shall never forget. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank L F
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that Judith made your mother's 70th birthday celebrations and Afternoon Tea so special and memorable for you all. Thank you for choosing Pennyhill Park for your special occasion. I hope that we will see you again soon. Kind regards Julian
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed at PennyHill after winning a competition. We are both in our early twenties and have respectable but moderately low income jobs - this place was always going to be out of our budget and in our dreams...but not now!

On arrival we were greeted by the stunning front house, very 'Downton Abbey' if you please, the dark wood, the crackle of the fire, the plush carpets and the low lit but comforting lighting. I was really impressed.

Our bell boy was a nice guy and explained about the hotel and it's facilities in details whilst taking us to our room.

Our room was fantastic, just fantastic! The bedding just melts around you...the bathroom (we had a jacuzzi and wet-room walk-in shower) was so good.

The grounds are incredible and well worth a walk.

The food (we booked for the restaurant) was amazing. Whilst it wasn't prompt coming to our table, we knew that must of meant it was coming to us fresh.

One thing I will say, if you're not used to people running about for you - just go with it. I hated being called 'Sir' everywhere and having people offer to butter my toast and so on. Yet, this is how the 'other-half' live - the people with the money - so just enjoy it for what it is.

I loved this place and once I have saved up enough I will go back again, it was just amazing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NickTaylor333
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed for a family occasion during the summer. The Hotel itself is a little labyrinthine and our party was spread out throughout the (sizeable) grounds. We loved the spa and gym. I don't think I have ever encountered such a large hotel spa and the outdoor swimming pool and well equipped gym were nice touches. The buffet breakfast was great too though it would have been nice to be offered the a la carte menu (these were routinely swiped from tables then brought only after you had filled up from the buffet.....hmmmmmm). My main gripe was with the room size, we stayed in a standard room and the door opened straight onto the bed which took up the entire (small) room. Couldn't open the room door and wardrobe door simultaneously. Just v, v small - even by European standards. Happily other members of our party had much larger rooms at the same price but we did feel a little hard done by in our shoebox! Wouldn't be tempted to risk it again at the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1984travel
Thank you for your review. All of our rooms are very individual and do vary in design, size and decor. I am glad that you experienced and enjoyed the amazing gym and Spa. I hope that you will try us again as our team will be more than happy to discuss your room preferences with you when you make your reservation. Kind regards Julian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bagshot
Great Fosters
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,477 reviews
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Savill Court Hotel & Spa

Been to Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!