After having stayed at Pennhill Park twice before and in addition visiting the spa on other occasions, I was intrigued to stay there again with a friend of mine when a deal came up on Secret Escapes for a 1 night DBB rate. Previously I had stayed at the hotel with my husband and was relishing the idea of a spa night away with a friend. Our expectations were not let down. Pennyhill Park continues to be not only an exceptional spa but also an incredibly comfortable and peaceful place to stay and dine.
A few years ago, the spa was still incredibly good but over a series of visits it was noticeable that maintenance and upkeep was dropping. This was not the case in August 2013. The Spa was pristine, busy but not detrimental to our experience and it was the first time I had been since the new outdoor area has been built. The outdoor bar is a brilliant idea but something needs to be done about Spa users commandeering pool loungers whilst they spend 2 hours inside the spa, and those who were inside the spa would like to sit by the pool for 30 minutes on one of the loungers which only holds 'saver' robes or towels and no person!
Despite this mild annoyance with a few fellow spa users brash selfishness, it was lovely to come away with a friend, who was equally as impressed and relaxed by the end of our stay.
The evening meal was delightful as was breakfast, which we narrowly missed since I thought it ended at 10.30 and upon arriving at 9.50 was being packed away! Our only excuse being that we were too relaxed to get up! Nevertheless, the staff were still able to offer us most of the breakfast on offer.
On this occasion I stayed in one of the newer renovated rooms, with an incredibly comfy bed - which I would love to recreate at home! A stark difference to the older, more stately-home style rooms - but still as luxurious.
One night felt like one week - and my friend and I left relaxed and revived.
The only feedback I have is for one member of the reception staff. And that is not to assume that all customers who have booked their stay through an offer to be those who do not frequent the hotel on other occasions. Upon leaving Pennyhill, the chatty and friendly receptionist stated 'its nice when we have offers on - as we get different types of people in.' Whilst this comment was clearly not meant to be derogatory, it could be misconstrued to suggest that someone would not be able to afford to come normally - which is incredibly presumptuous for those who can and incredibly rude to those who can't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pennyhill Park is a magnificent country house hotel in Bagshot, Surrey, set amongst 123 acres of gardens and parkland including a 9 hole golf course. This five-star luxury hotel offers everything from unmatchable luxury spa breaks and treatments, afternoon tea in the Ascot Bar, lunch and dinner in The Brasserie and is a perfect venue for weddings, conferences and special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And The Bagshot
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And Country
- Pennyhill Park, An Exclusive Hotel & Spa Bagshot, England - Surrey