“More time to enjoy”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bagshot
Los Altos, CA
“More time to enjoy”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here on a short business visit but still thoroughly enjoyed it. The room decor was old style but astounding. The conference room arrangement for our small group was good with constant supply of coffee, tea, biscuits, chocolates, jelly beans etc. I could see the people at the pool trying to absorb all the sun that they could get, with the rain coming off and on.

The copying service from the front desk was total simple and fast. Gave them my documents and I got the scanned version by email.

Want to definitely come again with family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in Pennyhill Park many times and every time I am delighted. The food is second to none, the spa is exceptional (the biggest in europe) and the owners (the Pecorelli family) are delightful people. I would thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Some friends booked a stay here for me and my husband after a very stressful few months, promising that it would be a nice relaxing break, and it was!
The location is great, in a very quiet and peaceful area and the hotel itself is stunning. Our room was absolutely beautiful with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.
The breakfast was lovely, as were all of the staff. I felt that we were really well looked after by the staff from the moment we entered the building.
The spa is an amazing place to relax. There are several different pools and jacuzzis, as well as a variety of other rooms and treatments to help you relax. I would definitely recommend the outdoor jacuzzi bed, we spent a lot of time there, and in that time it was sunny and it rained and it was a lovely relaxing experience throughout. There is also a bar in the spa, and I would definitely recommend a glass of champagne in the jacuzzi, there is nothing more relaxing!

It really was sad to leave, we plan on going back for our next wedding anniversary

Room Tip: It is in a very quiet location so I doubt that any of the rooms would have a problem with noise. I d...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me to Pennyhill last week for a night as a surprise to celebrate my 30th birthday and we were not disappointed!
We aimed to get there around 1pm even though check in is from 3pm to make the most of the spa but when we got there our room was ready so we checked straight in and headed forvthe spa.
The spa is the most amazing spa I have been to so far. Plenty of rooms and pools to keep you happy for a good few hours if you choose not to have a treatment and the sun was shining so we really enjoyed the outdoor hydro-pool.
We then had a drink on the lovely lillipond terrace (once we found it!) but seemed to be attacked by flying ants landing on us from the umbrella above so cut it short and had a wonder around the lovely grounds.
For dinner we ate in the Brasserie, which was very good. I would definitely recommend the chocolate coulant for dessert, even with the pre-warned 20 minute wait!
After dinner we made our way to reception to pick out a film to play back in the room.
In the morning we had breakfast delivered to the room and chose pretty much one of everything to try and it was all delicious! We barely ate anything for the rest of the day!
My husband booked the whole stay including meal through secret escapes for a rather reasonable price so that's my main reason for giving top marks on value for money. I don't know what full rates would be but I think it would be more than I would be willing to pay!
Definitely somewhere I would like to return to though.

• Stayed August 2013
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have stayed at Pennyhill Park on numerous occasions now, and everyone of those stays has been an amzing experience - sadly this time our stay wasnt up to the usual 5* standards.
Check in was very busy when we arrived so we were directed straight to the spa, which was, as usual a haven of calm and tranquility! After our treatments we headed back to reception to check in, there was only 1 conceirge on duty so we had to wait around 20 mins for him to show us to our room. Our room itself was nice, however the TV had VERY poor reception on most channels, the maintenance man who came to look at it for us did tell us he has been advising the hotel of this for a while now but nothing had been done. The bed had a nasty stain on the throw and a rip in one of the pillowcases, the shower also didnt drain properly - all things that you dont expect from a 5* estabilishment. Dinner in the brasserie that evening was divine, and the service was impeccable. The hotel was hosting a wedding on the day we stayed - which meant that there was a LOT of noise in our room that evening - you could hear the disco loudly - which was the biggest problem as we had visited the hotel this time to unwind and relax. Reception were very understanding when we explained all of these issues to them - in fact all staff at the hotel were faultless throughout our stay - its just a real shame that the facilities and the noise of the hotel really let us down this time. All that said, i will go back again as pennyhill has been an annual treat for a few years now (although i will check that there isnt a wedding scheduled when i book) - i just hope that next time round i will enjoy the usual 5* experience i have seen before.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank emily l
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Emily, Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am so sorry that you did not find the stay up to the previous standards. Despite the number of guests arriving that day we always look to extend a very personal and timely checkin to your room. We have introduced a new digital tv system that has given great clarity to the quality of picture and a wider variety of channels. We will focus in on the detail from a housekeeping perspective and was sorry that you were disturbed by the wedding celebrations. We work hard to place those guests associated with the wedding close to any noise disturbance and those not connected in any way to be as far away as possible, I am sorry that this was not the case. We look forward to arranging a far more enjoyable stay next time. Kind regards Julian
London
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Gor blimey, what a difference a season makes, out go the ladies that lunch in come the Essex lads who lounge - round the outside pool and their extended families. So the Bistro is a bit 'tasty' vs. the norm. However fret ye not, more genteel visitor. Ray doesn't use the indoor spa /pool/treatments or golf in general, so Pennyhill's usual delights are all there. Good luck to Pennyhill they seem to have got to two distinct markets going.

Room Tip: If you like the character of the main building and are happy with lots of stairs go for that, but ne...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TheEvaluator, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. KInd regards Julian
Devon
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in a junior suite as a birthday treat-champagne and strawberries on arrival set the tone! We ate in the brasserie on both nights, had drinks in the Ascot bar and enjoyed two trips to the Spa. The room was totally lush and we could happily have stayed there all the time. The food was really good - we couldn't manage 3 courses and there were lots of choices of drinks. The spa was really great - laconiums, ice cave, saunas, steam rooms, plunge pool, massage chairs, foot massager, indoor/outdoor pools and jacuzzis so we didn't actually book any treatments. The only reason we haven't given it 5 stars is my husband thought it too pricey for what it was; I personally was happy with the price and very very happy with the service. All my requests from soya milk to fresh pineapple juice were met with efficiency and a smile. On the second day there were some loud chaps in the spa but I guess they were guests too and hotels can't always filter by manners. If you want a treat and a little luxury then this is a lovely place to go. There was also a really fab woman on reception (Irish accent but didn't get her name) who is both charming and helpful. Enjoy if you go.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DevonKathleen
Dear Kathleen, Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. From time to time we do run some special offers that are available on our website, this work well if you have flexibility over which days of the week you have available to stay. It will be a pleasure to pass the comment to Maureen on the front desk, thank you she is a star. Kind regards Julian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bagshot
Great Fosters
#1 of 8 in Dorking
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!