“Fantastic stay at Pennyhill”

Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bagshot
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Was luckily enough to attend a wedding at Pennyhill and stayed over night as part of the wedding party bathe whole experience was brilliant the wedding ceremony was lovely and relaxed the reception was beautiful nthe staff were friendly and helpful. Our room The Lilac Room was 1st class. The spa the next day was relaxing and not at all stuffy. All the staff made us welcome and could not do enough for us. I would definitely recommend this hotel for either a wedding or just a relaxing weekend stay.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main hotel were in a lovely location
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding was a fantastic memorable occasion for everyone. I have shared your comments with the team who are always pleased to hear that we have exceeded our guest’s expectations. Kind regards Julian

Write a ReviewReviews (2,168)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love it at Pennyhill, I have always been on single night stays with the Spa and eaten in both the brasserie and the Latymer.

I love the way you turn up and feel special and pampered from the moment you turn up. The Spa is lovely, it's nice to sit around the pool reading or to go outside in the thermal pool, or enjoy a special treatment. I've not been when it is warm enough to go in the outside pool yet but intend to go soon and can't wait to try that out. Cocktails by the pool - why not! Just to note take your own magazines as none are supplied, which is a small touch that is missing in my opinion.

The food here is also great, don't be fooled by the name the Brasserie has really good food on par with most really good restaurants. If your a foodie then the Latymer is a must, this was my first Michelin Star experience and I will definitely be going back.

It's great to sit in the library bar and enjoy a pre-dinner drink and then to come back to have a nightcap or two.

My only complaint is to do with the duvets and room temperature, it is way to hot. I sleep cold and the duvets are so thick it is too much. I hope they get changed in the summer as it would be unbearable! It certainly won't stop me going back though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rachelwhenman

Dear Rachel
I am so pleased that you enjoyed another stay at Pennyhill Park in November and yes you must come in the summer and experience our outside pools and indulge in a cocktail or two from the pool bar.
Thank you for your ideas regarding magazines and duvets and I am so glad that you have had the chance to experience the fantastic two Michelin star Latymer restaurant. I hope that we will see you by the pool bar soon.
Kind regards Julian

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is amazing, was lucky enough to stay over the rent bank holiday with great weather to fully enjoy the outdoor pools however, the pools are heated sufficiently to enjoy year round! the food is ecxcellet and there is enough options to cover any occasion or budget, was very surprised to get a three course set menu in the bar for only £25 at such a high end venue. the staff are extremely helpful and endlessly smiling, the breakfast is amazing and caters for all diets and the rooms are luxurious each with its own charater and charm. I will definately be returning!

Room Tip: all rooms were brilliant as i was part of a group I got to see a few but its also good to know the h...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your lovely feedback. You certainly picked the best time to come to Pennyhill. The Bank Holiday weather was great and the outside pools were fantastic. The new pool bar was serving drinks and keeping everyone cool. We hope to see you back here very soon. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Outstanding service from everyone we encountered in the holet, restaurants and Spa. Great meals in both the Braserie (a bit on the expensive side) and the Michelin starred Latymer.

We were upgraded to a traditional junior suite - given the option we'd have preferred more modern and a view. None the less the room was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Maximilian
Thank you for your feedback and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your dining experiences in both the Brasserie and the two Michelin star Latymer restaurants.

All of the rooms here at Pennyhill Park are individually decorated and now that we know your preferred room style we will ensure that your profile reflects this ready for your next stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you soon. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I booked a sunday night deal at Pennyhill park as a birthday treat for my wife as we wanted to relax and get away from it all for a couple of days. We were given a warm welcome and shown to our room which was superb although did not have a bath which i would expect at this level of hotel so was moved promptly to another room which was slightly smaller but still imaculate so was very happy with the room.
The spa experience was ok but again expected more, the ice cave and another room were out of action due to maintenance at the time of our visit so felt a little short changed. Would have liked a some appropriate piped music around the place and maybe nice aromatherapy smells to would have added to the experience. The new massage chairs are incredible and nearly fell asleep in it.
The breakfast was ok but nothing special at this level, had better at marriot hotels. We had a bite to eat in the brasserie before we left for home and i had to send my toasted cheese and ham sandwhich back as it was not nice at all, also considering the price being charged.
I feel the hotel lacked some atmosphere and would benefit from a couple of charasmatic staff members to improve service levels.
All in all a nice stay but not quite as good as we were expecting.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Robert, Thank you for sharing your review. We do have three rooms with amazing wet room shower exeriences rather than full bath and shower separated. Many guests very much like them and have given great reviews and some prefer the more traditional bath. We have noted this on your profile for the future. I have noted your comments about the sandwich offering and have amended the breads we use for our sandwiches. I am glad to report that the refurbishment of the steam rooms has been completed and they are looking wonderful I do hope that we shall welcome you back soon to experience them fully. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just had the good fortune to experience the chefs table at Penny Hill Park with 7 friends. If you want a truly magnificent dinning evening book up for this.

The food was exceptional and wonderfully served with a lovely atmosphere throughout. It is expensive but if you are going to spend an evening at a 2 star Michelin Resturant you would be hard pushed to surpass this.

Well done to all the staff and to Michael Wignall!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

The Chef's Table at Pennyhill Park is as you say a fantastic experience. Situated in the heart of our main kitchen you can enjoy a mouth watering food and wine bespoke tasting menu created by executive chef Michael Wignall and his team.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and I am so glad to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have a wonderful time every time I visit. I try and come as often as possible with my friends or husband. The food is fantastic, the rooms are decorated beautifully and the beds are so comfy. All the staff are very friendly and accommodating. I usually try and book when they have deals on. I can't wat to go back.

Room Tip: Wait for special offers as all the rooms are good anywhere in the building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so glad to hear that you love it at Pennyhill Park Hotel & The Spa. Our website is always up-to-date with our latest packages and as a valued guest we very much look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards Julian

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bagshot
Great Fosters
The Runnymede on Thames
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!