“Chefs table at penny hill park”

Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bagshot
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just had the good fortune to experience the chefs table at Penny Hill Park with 7 friends. If you want a truly magnificent dinning evening book up for this.

The food was exceptional and wonderfully served with a lovely atmosphere throughout. It is expensive but if you are going to spend an evening at a 2 star Michelin Resturant you would be hard pushed to surpass this.

Well done to all the staff and to Michael Wignall!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

The Chef's Table at Pennyhill Park is as you say a fantastic experience. Situated in the heart of our main kitchen you can enjoy a mouth watering food and wine bespoke tasting menu created by executive chef Michael Wignall and his team.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and I am so glad to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us. Kind regards Julian

Write a ReviewReviews (2,187)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have a wonderful time every time I visit. I try and come as often as possible with my friends or husband. The food is fantastic, the rooms are decorated beautifully and the beds are so comfy. All the staff are very friendly and accommodating. I usually try and book when they have deals on. I can't wat to go back.

Room Tip: Wait for special offers as all the rooms are good anywhere in the building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so glad to hear that you love it at Pennyhill Park Hotel & The Spa. Our website is always up-to-date with our latest packages and as a valued guest we very much look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at Pennyhill Park Hotel back in July 2012 for a friends wedding that was held there. What can I say, from the moment we arrived the staff were incredibly polite and welcoming, our room was lovely although the view wasn't the best (I'm afraid I can't remember the name of our room) I think rooms at the back of the hotel have stunning views of the grounds, but in all honesty it wasn't a major issue it certainly didn't ruin our stay here.

The room was clean and we had a very comfortable bed. We also had a small stand up air-con unit to keep us cool at night which came in very handy as it was quite warm. The bathroom was amazing and it was rather nice to relax in such a long bath, we're both quite tall!

The rooms used for the wedding venue/meal were beautiful, it was a truly wonderful day, food was amazing and all presented at a very high standard, as for our breakfast the following morning it was more than I could've hoped for, so much so my husband ate most of it, a very generous serving.

On the Sunday I used the Spa whilst my husband tried out the 9-hole golf, sadly it was a very rainy day otherwise I think he would've gone round it again, either way he was glad he took his golf clubs along and said the grounds were pleasant enough.

The Spa was lovely too, I didn't have any treatments but I wish I had. Would throroughly recommend and intend to go back again and next time endulge in some treatments!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of hotel have the best views over the gardens.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that we made your stay a very memorable one. Please do come back and indulge in some of the fantastic Spa treatments we have to offer. I hope you can come back very soon. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our second trip in a few months. The facilities such as the gym, pools and the spa are fantastic, the food is great and the rooms are very very comfortable but without doubt the thing that sets this hotel apart from others we have been to is the staff. Nothing is too much trouble. If you are looking to get away from it all for a night or two and unwind, Pennyhill is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Tim
Thank you for leaving your feedback. I am so glad that you feel you can visit and be guaranteed of a relaxing stay. With full use of the gym, the many pools, the Spa and the wonderful food in the Brasserie this all makes for a perfect stay. I hope that you will be able to return again soon. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have been to Pennyhill on many occasions to celebrate birthdays,anniversaries and the New Years Eve party,each time the welcome, food, service and ambience has been faultless. On many occasion we have been upgraded and I can honestly say that even one night leaves you feeling totally relaxed and if you are lucky enough to have a massage -rejuvinated.At present there is a refurbishment taking place in the hotel /spa area,which is improving the overall standard even more. Love what they have done in the outdoor pool area with the new decking and seating.Cannot recommend this hotel enough.John & Lor

Dear John & Lor
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. As valued guests we are so glad that you allow us to be a part of all of your special occasions and we always look forward to your return.

You are quite right we do have a planned refurbishment programme which allows us to continually upgrade the facilities that we offer. The pool bar area is looking fabulous in the spring sunshine and we are looking forward to the summer BBQs ahead.

Thank you so much for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again very soon. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went with a friend for an overnight spa break that I had won through Slimming World Magazine. But we were still treated like luxury guests and I was very impressed with the standard of service, helpfulness and friendliness shown by every member of staff we met, which really made our stay special. The spa and treatment were just amazing from the dressing gowns to the hot tubs. We were there a few hours and felt like we'd been away a weekl. The food in the brasserie was beautifully presented and the breakfast fit for a king, there was everything you could possibly want, all beautifully cooked and presented. The beds were very comfortable and luxurious, and I believe there are rooms where you can watch tv while having a bath! Would I go back, yes definitely, for another taste of luxury!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for leaving your wonderful feedback following your Spa break and stay with us. I am so glad that you were impressed with the standard of service, helpfulness and friendliness shown by every member of our team. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the Spa and your treatments and the food in the Brasserie.

You are quite right that you can watch TV whilst taking a bath in some of our guest rooms and we have just installed a horizontal massage shower in one of our deluxe junior suites. I do hope that next time you come we can treat you to even more luxury. Kind regards Julian

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Overall the hotel stay was excellent but if I was looking for a spa day I would look elsewhere.

Pros
- Accomodation, food and service was excellent
- Fantastic setting
- Indoor/outdoor heated pool was very relaxing

Cons
- Spa feels very tired and dated, in one of the heat rooms some small tiles came off in my hand and rust was visible
- Limited number of heat rooms (10?) of which one was closed all day for ‘treatments’, another was closed for refurbishment and 3 were not accessible to the opposite sex
- Spa day was marketed as a romantic couples activity yet the best of the heat rooms are segregated by male/female so I couldn’t go in with my partner, very disappointing
- Drinks hideously overpriced. I understand it’s a 5 star hotel but having money doesn’t make me stupid
- Restaurant manager was giving a member of staff a dressing down in public, made us feel very uncomfortable

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Pennyhill Park, and am pleased that you found the service, food and accommodation excellent. The Spa celebrates its tenth anniversary this year and as such have had a significant refurbishment plan underway since last year. The outdoor pool area has been totally renewed, all new furniture, bbq, pool bar, pool enhancements, decking...The indoor areas have had some of the heat experience room totally renewed; of the ten heat rooms, one is assigned to specific treatments, three are male only, three are female only and three are mixed. The heat room you mentioned has now enjoyed a complete refurbishment with a total makeover. New massage chairs have also been introduced this month, new furniture and decor continually receive the benefit of investment. The price of our drinks are checked with the pricing of many outlets in the region of a similar grade to ensure we offer value, I am sorry that you did not perceive this. I would ask you to contact me regarding the Restaurant Manager so that I can tailor the coaching accordingly. My direct line is 01276 478426.
Thank you again for for taking the time to share you review and am so glad that you felt the overall stay was excellent. I look forward to personally wlecoming you back to show you all of the developments that have been undertaken.
Kind regards Julian Tomlin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bagshot
Great Fosters
#1 of 8 in Dorking
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!