“Pampered like a king”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bagshot
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Pampered like a king”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My girlfriend took me here for my birthday weekend and it was everything we could have hoped for.

The rooms (we had the Goodwood Suite), facilities and food were excellent. The spa was lovely and we both loved having massages and floating around in the pool and jacuzzis.

We ate in the restaurant (two Michelin stars) and loved our food but our table, in a small alcove, left us feeling a bit out of the way.

For somewhere to unwind for a special occasion, Pennyhill Park takes some beating.

• Stayed March 2013
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I have noted your comment regarding your table in the Latymer restaurant and will discuss this with the manager. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to create some wonderful birthday memories for you. I hope that we can welcome you back soon. Kind regards Julian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was my second trip and we stayed 2 nights in the ivy suite which was larger and more private than redwood where we were last time.
The best thing about penny hill is you drop the car and then don't leave just spa, bar, brasserie and to top it off the two Michelin star latymer restaurant if you go the whole hog it does get expensive.
The room was very large with a bathroom to match expensive but fulfilling.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The unique location of Pennyhill Park allows you to escape and relax and as you say we are less than an hour away from London. Once you have driven up the magnificent driveway you can leave the world behind and enjoy the exclusivity of the Spa and restaurants. Thank you for leaving your valuable comments. Kind regards Julian
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This must be our 7th trip to this fab hotel and Spa! We come every year..twice a year if we can, and we love it! The weather was cold, but this sun was shining and the outside jacuzzi pools (4 of them!) were steaming!! This truly is the best Spa in the U.K...don't care what other people say! We went to The Grove in Watford last year and that hotel has good reviews, but clearly these people have not been to PHP yet! GO!!!
There is a large outside pool, a huge indoor pool with music under the water and a further 2 jacuzzi pools inside, 3 steam rooms, 4 solariums, ice cave, plunge pool, gorgeous large changing rooms, gym, lounge areas...I could go on and on and on! The Grove has just 2 pools and 1 jacuzzi??
Our suite, Colombine was recently refurbished and beautiful and sunken bath and huge shower head stunning! Room service great, staff wonderful as usual and food..yum, yum! I highly recommend the cream tea..freshly made hot scones...amazing!!! Sad to leave..can't wait to go back again! Sooooo relaxing...perfect!!

Room Tip: The staff are very accomodating and every room is different, which is great, so be specific about yo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Kind regards Julian
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel for the Easter Break with my wife which was an absolutely amazing experience.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful both at the hotel and tge spa.

Would deifinitely be going back in the summer.

• Stayed April 2013
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the summer. Kind regards Julian
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Truly a Magnificent Hotel and Spa, a must stay food and wine Excellent Grounds wonderful and every one so Helpful. Great hotel and spa for that special break. Great out door hot tubs,pools and a world class gym and not forgetting the Golf course with Wonderful Views

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your relaxing stay with us. Please do come back and see us very soon. Kind regards Julian
Surrey
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on a couple ofoccasions and decided that it would be perfect to celebrate two birthdays that fall on the same day, the 28th March. We experienced the wonderful lunchtime tasting menu in the Latymer Restaurant and savoured the amazing science and artistry of Michelin star skill. I have dietary issues e.g. no wheat, dairy, caffeine and chocolate (which is a real pain), but as they had prior notice the team had produced food specially for me. Unlike in many places where I am given gluten/wheat free bread after asking for it, here it appeared warm and at the same time as the other breads and with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip - (try it - it is really good). Each of the courses was fascinating and even the 18 year old birthday girl and her friend found the experience wonderful, the art is in taking small amounts and really tasting the flavours. I personally find watching the tea 'ceremony' fun at the end of the meal! They had an offer of £38 for lunch which was a bargain.
We then spent the afternoon firstly exploring the grounds which aren't at their best because of the weather, but are still attractive and then into the beautiful spa pool and sauna area. You can't help but unwind with the peaceful, relaxing and invigorating atmosphere. This is the most stunning swimming pool, it usually plays music underwater and the marble and granite everywhere is fascinating.
We then decided to sample the steaks in the Brasserie for a rather late dinner, very yummy as were the chips, a couple next to us also enjoyed their sea bass and most intriguing coated risotto.
Then of course the bedrooms, beautifully decorated and with lovely en suite bathrooms. I personally found the duvet too hot but the beds are really comfortable and the rooms we had were spacious and clean.
We will be back again but hope to have warmer weather next time. The staff are lovely and nothing is too much bother!

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in which are the 'cheaper' end were lovely and spacious for us.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Responded 8 April 2013 - correction to General Manager

I am so pleased that you chose to spend your birthdays at Pennyhill Park Hotel & The Spa so that we could be a part of making them extra special this year. Creating special memories and experiences for our guests is so important to us and to hear your praise of the Latymer and Brasserie restaurants and of the Spa is what it is all about. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards Julian
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed for one night with my 2 girlfriends and we had the most amazing weekend ever and I'm very grateful to my Husband for choosing Pennyhill Spa Hotel for us and to all the staff members who made it that extra special .
We were very welcomed on our arrival and thought we arrived much earlier that the checking time our room was ready and offered to us almost straight away .
We had lunch and dinner at the Brasserie and I must say the food was absolutely wonderful , breakfast selection was to a standard as you would expect in any top hotel .
Spa treatments were the highlights of the whole weekend , very friendly Girls with magic hands that do wonders to your body and face , massive thanks to Kamala and Lauren especially . The only thing I need to say is that the express manicure could be a little bit more professional and I would not choose it again , we had pedicure booked for the next day and we wanted to skip it but the lovely lady at the reception managed to swap that for the tonic facials for us and I'm really grateful for that .
Our second lunch was at Temis , perfect healthy buffet selection - exactly what you need while enjoying spa , nothing too heavy and everything so delicious !
We thought that the whole experience was really good and I personally love how the whole building is built , we got lost first time but it just added that extra fun and laughter to our weekend :)
I am looking forward to return in the summer with my family and try that barbecue bar by the main pool !

Room Tip: We had room called Rose - perfect for friends to share ! Lots of natural light and the whole room fe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
JulianTomlin, General Manager at Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
I am very pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the Brasserie and your Spa treatments. I've made a note to discuss the Express Manicure with our Spa Manager to try and improve the experience. I am pleased that we were able to swap things around for you as well. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments. I will ensure they are shared with the team especially with Lauren and Kamala. I hope that we can welcome you back to Pennyhill very soon. Kind regards Julian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bagshot
Great Fosters
#1 of 8 in Dorking
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!