“school break holiday”

Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uttoxeter
Reviewed April 8, 2013

very comfortable and having a good night sleep , does what it says in advertisement in television, parking facilities is good , i will recommend to friend and family about my good stay experience to premier inn,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is good but the focus of my review is the Table Table 'restaurant' next door - firstly I asked for a certain white wine which they told me after 5 minutes that they hadn't any left, I really didn't fancy the sweet alternative so decided on a coke - they hadn't any left! Who runs out of white wine and coke?

I then ordered the piri piri roast chicken which was frankly indelible - it was flabby not crispy as I expect roasted meat to arrive - all the flavour was in the soft skin and the breast was dry as a bone, the coleslaw was tasteless and the chips were just warm enough. In fairness to the waitress when I mentioned it after being asked whether everything was ok she offered to replace the meal but by then I'd lost my appetite and my fellow diners were half way through theirs

Also in their defence one meal - the baked cod was very good and the chicken and ribs were ok - plus they didn't charge me for the chicken dish and the waitress was very nice and smiley

However the service is slow, I had to wait for five minutes for ice and the general feel of the place is crush em in and we'll get to you - a poor experience overall, ill try somewhere else next time I'm in the area

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments. We would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further, please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The staff and rooms were very good and cleanliness could be faultered. But and I say this with a big BUT, do not eat at the restuarant. The food let the hotel down. The waiting and queing at breakfast was ridiculous and put your back up at the start of the day. Might have been better to visit the Subway, Burger king or even McDonalds that are all close by.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed here over the Easter holidays for a trip to Alton Towers. Brilliant location and great value for money, only a 15 minute drive to the theme park. Rooms comfy and clean, very helpful check in staff. one major issue is the restaurant, I don't know who's running that place but they need to whip their staff into shape and send them on a customer service course or something. Food isn't too bad, but I don't expect to be sitting at a table full of empty glasses and plates nearly an hour after we have finished eating, sort it out! If you don't fancy eating in the hotel there is a Burger King and subway across the road, and a McDonald's ect at the next round about. All in all we had a brilliant weekend, enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Premier Inn is pretty much as you would expect but the Table Table restaurant - The Waterbridge - dreadful. Busy but by no means full. We waited for 10 minutes to be seated. Waiter seated someone after us and then served them first. I waited 10 minutes for a fruit dish. No glasses for juice and then the juice ran out. Most breakfast items ran out and everyone was waiting for more items to be cooked. I eventually got most items I wanted but the bacon had run out. I waited 20 minutes for the bacon. No apology was offered to anyone for the appalling service. I told the Manager that I was extremely unhappy and he responded with 'we are busy and have been caught unawares, we are trying our best'. He then disappeared in the kitchen, along with most staff, apart from the young girl clearing the tables. I didn't finish my breakfast as we had an appointment and had to leave. The crockery was sub-standard, large chips in both my cup and the plate.
I do not understand how a business, close to a major tourist attraction, would not be prepared for pre-booked guest on a Bank Holiday weekend. I live locally and it is a restaurant I will not visit again. More importantly, the many guests staying in the Premier Inn (some from Scotland) said that it was the worst restaurant they had experienced and would not book the hotel again due to appalling service in the restaurant. They experienced a 2 hour wait for dinner the previous evening and had asked for refunds.
The food was ok but not well prepared or presented.
If you stay at this hotel please do not pre book food. There are many excellent low cost restaurants close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel is ideal for Alton Towers, and although close to the main road, is nevertheless a clean, comfortable and friendly hotel. Alton Towers is about a 20-30 minute drive from this location, but as far as value for money goes, you will find it hard to beat Premier Inns. The rooms are comfortable, with flat screen tv, kettle/tea/coffee, and hairdryer. I particularly liked the security of the hotel, which is accessed by card only, and although there are no rooms safes, staff were happy to keep valuables in the safe at reception. Staff at reception and in the hotel were excellent.
Breakfast was provided in the adjacent 'Table Table' restaurant, and again I could not fault the food - you can have a great value breakfast, with everything from fruit, cereal, and yogurts, to the full cooked platter. The added plus is that kids eat free with each paying adult. That said, we were a little disappointed with the service in the restaurant, especially in the evenings. There appeared to be too few staff for the number of customers, and at times individual members of staff were overwhelmed. Again, I could not fault the food in the evenings, but despite the best efforts of the staff on duty, service was often slow. Unfortunately, this reflects badly on this particular Inn, since my overall experience with Premier Inns, time and time again, is normally excellent. If you are not too fussed about evening meals at Table Table, or slow evening service, B&B at the Premier Inn, Uttoxeter, is nevertheless excellent value for money, and a great base for visiting Alton Towers or nearby attractions.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to visit alton towers. Very nice. I did call and ask for a quiet room and was thankful for the new block as well. There was a family above us that liked to jump alot!! So a room on the first floor would have been better. Town is nice. Only went into the adjoining pub for drinks so couldnt comment on the food as we read bad reviews. Subway and Starbucks over the road and big tescos and argos franky & bennys and a large pub/restaurant round the corner (next rounderbout) oh there's a nice indian up the road too.

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uttoxeter
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel
Alton Towers Hotel
Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
8 mi away
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent

Been to Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel? Share your experiences!