“Hotel standard Premier Inn - Restaurant urgggh”

Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uttoxeter
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Premier Inn is pretty much as you would expect but the Table Table restaurant - The Waterbridge - dreadful. Busy but by no means full. We waited for 10 minutes to be seated. Waiter seated someone after us and then served them first. I waited 10 minutes for a fruit dish. No glasses for juice and then the juice ran out. Most breakfast items ran out and everyone was waiting for more items to be cooked. I eventually got most items I wanted but the bacon had run out. I waited 20 minutes for the bacon. No apology was offered to anyone for the appalling service. I told the Manager that I was extremely unhappy and he responded with 'we are busy and have been caught unawares, we are trying our best'. He then disappeared in the kitchen, along with most staff, apart from the young girl clearing the tables. I didn't finish my breakfast as we had an appointment and had to leave. The crockery was sub-standard, large chips in both my cup and the plate.
I do not understand how a business, close to a major tourist attraction, would not be prepared for pre-booked guest on a Bank Holiday weekend. I live locally and it is a restaurant I will not visit again. More importantly, the many guests staying in the Premier Inn (some from Scotland) said that it was the worst restaurant they had experienced and would not book the hotel again due to appalling service in the restaurant. They experienced a 2 hour wait for dinner the previous evening and had asked for refunds.
The food was ok but not well prepared or presented.
If you stay at this hotel please do not pre book food. There are many excellent low cost restaurants close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel is ideal for Alton Towers, and although close to the main road, is nevertheless a clean, comfortable and friendly hotel. Alton Towers is about a 20-30 minute drive from this location, but as far as value for money goes, you will find it hard to beat Premier Inns. The rooms are comfortable, with flat screen tv, kettle/tea/coffee, and hairdryer. I particularly liked the security of the hotel, which is accessed by card only, and although there are no rooms safes, staff were happy to keep valuables in the safe at reception. Staff at reception and in the hotel were excellent.
Breakfast was provided in the adjacent 'Table Table' restaurant, and again I could not fault the food - you can have a great value breakfast, with everything from fruit, cereal, and yogurts, to the full cooked platter. The added plus is that kids eat free with each paying adult. That said, we were a little disappointed with the service in the restaurant, especially in the evenings. There appeared to be too few staff for the number of customers, and at times individual members of staff were overwhelmed. Again, I could not fault the food in the evenings, but despite the best efforts of the staff on duty, service was often slow. Unfortunately, this reflects badly on this particular Inn, since my overall experience with Premier Inns, time and time again, is normally excellent. If you are not too fussed about evening meals at Table Table, or slow evening service, B&B at the Premier Inn, Uttoxeter, is nevertheless excellent value for money, and a great base for visiting Alton Towers or nearby attractions.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to visit alton towers. Very nice. I did call and ask for a quiet room and was thankful for the new block as well. There was a family above us that liked to jump alot!! So a room on the first floor would have been better. Town is nice. Only went into the adjoining pub for drinks so couldnt comment on the food as we read bad reviews. Subway and Starbucks over the road and big tescos and argos franky & bennys and a large pub/restaurant round the corner (next rounderbout) oh there's a nice indian up the road too.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Predictable comfortable rooms. Really nice helpful staff at breakfast and great service, difficult to leave there hungry when they keep asking if you want any more! This is a good site with other options for dining. Subway and Burger King plus a really good Starbucks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this Premier Inn once before when visiting Alton Towers and cannot fault the accommodation and hotel service. However, the Table Table restaurant has been a complete shambles on both occasions - slow service, not enough waiting staff, a restaurant manager who doesn't manage staff or customers. Surely this hotel should be geared up for visitors to Alton Towers who will probably all want breakfast around the same time. I thought we were unlucky last time but this is clearly the norm. It's just not acceptable to have no cereal bowls or coffee cups available at 9.00am on a weekend. Surely they know how many pepple are staying in the hotel and how many have prepaid for breakfast? More staff and serious customer service training needed. We'll look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

i have stayed here a few times with my girlfriend and the hotel is very clean and well kept. the shower is excellent. the staff are very polite. i would never pay the going rate but if you book well in advance and get a special deal as i always do then it will not be beaten. £30 per night for two people to stay cannot be beaten anywhere and that is for sure. i use them all the time at this price and will always do so. the one in uttoxeter is very close to town so its perfect.

Room Tip: get one of the special deals and its the best value you can get
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stay here regularly on business, it is one of the best Premier Inn hotels I have been to, especially now it has been extended as of 2012. Staff are excellent and always helpful, restaurant is also very good with a great team. Fully recommend.
My only critism is that it can be quite expensive, particularly in peak season. This does unfortunately sometimes force me to use other nearby Premier Inns instead

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Josie B, Manager at Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to make this review. We always appreciate feedback from guests who stay regularly with us. I will pass your comments on to the team and would like to thank you once again for the lovely feedback and hope to see you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uttoxeter
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent
White Hart Hotel
White Hart Hotel
#2 of 3 in Uttoxeter
Peakstones Inn, Piggery & Friends Restaurant
Alton Towers Hotel
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent

Been to Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel? Share your experiences!