“Nice relaxed child friendly experience.”

The Water Bridge Table Table
Ranked #26 of 67 Restaurants in Uttoxeter
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My daughter who lives 2 hours away from us suggested meeting up on Saturday 9th November at this Table Table chain all you can eat breakfast which may not seem cheap at £8.25 but then when you factor in you can have as many hot drinks as you wish it is good value. Also my daughter has 4 kids who eat free so for them it is a great offer,
We have previously visited one near my daughters near Warrington but they had a great buy one get one free deal there in summer.
It was worth the 40 minute journey to see the family before they went off to Alton Towers for the last weekend of the season.
In December they will have breakfast with Santa on certain dates and a little grotto resembling a living room was set up and it was a great hit with the 3 year old and 1 year old ! We were among the last to dine and clearly they had been busy before hand with it being used by the Premier Inn on the same plot, We helped ourselves to fruit and a choice of several cereals and you could also have crumpets ,muffins, toast or lovely fresh granary bread.I had 3 latte's over the course of the visit and my husband 2 pots of tea so all in all excellent value. Our food was nice and freshly prepared .The Assistant Manager came over and asked were we okay as the breakfast sitting had been over quite a while, The children had gone for more small muffins but they had all gone. He went away and came back with a plate of muffins.
Was service great I wouldn't really know as it was mostly help yourself but we were very relaxed and the children happy and we got to see the family which was the reason for going.
All our plates were cleaned at the end and everything we ordered on each breakfast came as ordered and hot.
The grotto kept the children happy and we had to go and sit in there with them as my 3 year old called it her home !!
The Restaurant was clean, the toilets were to and all in all we would meet up there again !

1  Thank toady

Reviewed November 10, 2013

i booked a table here for Friday night at 7.30pm as i could get an offer of 2 for 1 if i booked, and we were staying in the Premier Inn, we arrived at 7.35pm to which i apologised for as we had got stuck on the M1 due to heavy traffic, however we got told to wait until they cleared a table, well 15 minutes later, we finally got sat down, Whats the use of booking a table i ask (i understand i was 5 minutes late, but to make us wait another 15 was out of order). However ordered food and starters arrived quite quickly, there were no complaints, however waited nearly 50 minutes for the main meals to arrive and at one point i thought they might have gone to kill the lamb that i had order, no explanation was offered, but god help me, the plates were stone cold so the food went cold fast, when i complained the waiter apologised and gave us free deserts, although this was ok, im not really a desert person so would have appreciated my main meal to stay hot while i eat it. Now on to the breakfast they offer, we booked 2 mornings with our premier inn room, first morning bein friday was good as they cooked the hot food to order, however on the second morning, i was shocked to see it was all sitting on the hot plate for you to help yourself too, what can i say now, worse decision ever, as it was luke warm and very dry, i couldnt eat it in the end, so that was £8.25 each wasted!!!!

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Staff here are some of the friendliest staff I've been served by. Been a few times to grab some food and whoever serves us is always up for a chat and always recommend a dish which is always different from the last one so it doesn't feel like they have all been told what to say. Food takes around 30mins to get to our table but that's what you have to expect when they are making it from scratch. Food doesn't always look exactly what it looks like in the pictures on the menu but a robot isn't making it but it's always so tasty, we all recommend the chicken curry. Drinks sometimes takes abit longer to get to us than we'd like but with a restaurant that size and only one person pouring the drinks we all understand and we chat between us as we know they will come before our food and that's what we want. Overall a great place with tasty food and great staff

Reviewed October 14, 2013

we waited 1 hour 40 minutes for 2 meals! poor service and food was poor also. Witnessed a waitress drop a napkin on thje floor pick it up and reuse it on a table along with cutlery that had been on the table from when the previous customers were there!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I had come here for a meal after a long day travelling and just wanted to have a quick meal and go back to our hotel at Alton Towers to relax. We arrived at 6:30 and after eventually finding a car parking space probably the furthest space possible away from the place were seated at a table with dirty cutlery on it which was sticky and clearly no menus. We were told a member of staff would be with us shortly to re set the table (should this not have been done before we sat down???) We waited for about 10 minutes and eventually someone came and took a drinks order and then preceded to tell us about the menu which we now discovered were on the floor next to our table! My hubby then had to ask the girl if she could bring us some cutlery and napkins and clean the table. The girl came back to clean the table and in the process sprayed my hands with the cleaning spray!!! Anyway the table was clean and we had clean cutlery and napkins. We then ordered our food any the wait begun! We didn't wait to long for starter which was nachos to share but once that had been taken away we waited an eternity for our main meal which was pretty much ok but the chips had obviously been refried and the salad looked like it had seen better days although I didn't intend on eating it anyway. Whilst eating our meal I witnessed the waitress clear one table and reuse cutlery that had been sitting on it whilst the other party that had left were there and she also dropped a napkin on the floor, looked around and then just sat it back on the table. Forgive me if I am wrong but should she not have completely cleared the table then put clean napkins and cutlery fresh on it. The tables round about us were all needing cleared and it seemed like the girl serving us was run off her feet and doing the bar as well as serving and clearing tables. We left the restaurant at 8:10, 1 hour and 40 minutes after arriving!!! for a bowl of nachos and two main meals was very long!