Meadows Way Guest House
Hare & Hounds Inn(Stramshall)
$78
White Hart Hotel(Uttoxeter)
$106
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
Bank House Hotel(Uttoxeter)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsalton towersstayed heretown centrestayed in the family roomcar parkrace courseshort walkice skatingfull english breakfastlovely guesthousebreakfast was excellentchoice of cerealsa great place to stayfour poster bedcomfortable bedgreat weekendfantastic location
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We chose this guest house as it was close to train station and Uttoxeter racecourse what our trip was for. We were not disappointed. Took literally three minutes from train station on foot. Guesthouse itself is lovely, lots of flowers outside. The staff were wonderful, very friendly and informed us of local restaurants which helped. Room was adequate for what we wanted and clean which is a priorirty! Breakfast was fine also. Could not fault this little gem of a place. Many thanks will definitely come again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oldroydguesthouse, Owner at Meadows Way Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Hi

On behalf of myself and all the Staff at Oldroyd Guest House I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

Uttoxeter is a very lovely little market town that is full of history and we consider ourselves very lucky to be in such an ideal location. We are very pleased that we have made a good impression ... We do try very hard to see that every guest has a good experience whilst staying with us ..and we always hope that our guests will write an honest review such as your as it does help us with the promotion of our Guest House which is now Number One on the Trip Advisor site for our area..

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future

Once again Very many thanks

Jim "B"
Owner Oldroyd Guest House

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very comfortable b&b,very good location for alton towers,,the staff were very friendly and the accommodation was very clean and comfortable,,nothing was to much trouble,,would defiantly recomend them and we will defiantly go back there again

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Oldroydguesthouse, Owner at Meadows Way Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hi Alison ...

On behalf of myself and all the staff at Oldroyd Guest House I would like to offer you our thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review ...

We do encourage our guests to write an honest review about our Guest House and it's staff and it is very nice to know that our efforts are appreciated ... and your review is very important to us as it helps us to promote our Guest House

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us again .. You are a pleasure to look after and we are always very happy to see you ..

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here on the last night of a 3 day walking holiday, walking the route of the limestone way. Great b&b, clean, friendly, thoughtful and helpful. Excellent staff, and well organized. Rooms had everything we needed, and breakfast was very good. Excellent value and would stay again.

Stayed: July 2013

Hi Sarah ...

We cater for quite a lot of walkers and being one myself I know the value of a nice bed at the end of a hard day...

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here for one night to visit the races. The B&B is very friendly and clean and only a short walking distance from the race track, and also from the various bars and restaurants. Many thanks to Lisa for the use of her little fridge it worked perfectly and thanks to Tyler for all his directions. Breakfast was excellent and the staff very welcoming and friendly, would definitely return if we come this way again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Jennifer...

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us again .. You are a pleasure to look after and we shall always very be happy to see you again ..

Reviewed July 16, 2013

this is a lovely b&b well situated in uttoxter ,a stones throw from the train station ,we are a family with 3 children and stayed here while going to alton towers ,I couldn't fault the place ,owners were most helpful and charming ,room was big enough for the five of us ,very clean .had towels for each person ,which didn't expect, had everything you would need ,breakfast in the morning was lovely and sorted us out for the day ahead of us ,ps if you are going to alton towers and don't drive you couldn't find a better place to stay as you can travel by bus from train station ,which cost us only 15 pounds return which was 3 adults and 2 children ,also had a bowling ,cinema, ice skating ,and two for 1 family pub in 10 minute walking distance near the big tescos .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hi

On behalf of myself and the Staff at Oldroyd Guest House I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

We are very pleased to see that we have made a good impression ... We do try very hard to see that every guest has a good experience whilst staying with us ..and we always hope that our guests will write an honest review such as your as it does help us with the promotion of our Guest House which is now Number One on the Trip Advisor site for our area..

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future

Once again Very many thanks