“Would stay again!”
Review of High View Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uttoxeter
High View Cottage
Ranked #3 of 8 Uttoxeter B&B and Inns
“Would stay again!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Lovely rooms lovely people. Great to stay the night before to head off to Alton towers the next. Day. Also found a lovely vintage tea house in the local town. Really well priced for the quality. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Portsmouth
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Myself and my husband visited here in September just for one night whilst visiting Alton Towers, The building is beautiful, We arrived a couple of hours early after a long drive up and was met with a lovely warm welcome from Chris and the adorable pet dog.
We had booked the Reflections Room.This consisted of a 4 poster bed, ensuite bathroom with a shower, TV and DVD player and DVD's, Tea / coffee making facilities. Once Chris had showed us to our room he bought us over some fresh milk so we could have a 'real' cuppa and he honestly could not have been more welcoming. Inside the room is a book about the area and Chris was full of knowledge and tips on where to go in the evening.
The room was spotless and lovely and cosy. Breakfast was full english and Chris kept bringing out more toast etc.
I honestly can't say enough good things about this B&B, we were made to feel very welcome
and would certainly return again if visiting the area,
Thanks Chris!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a night at High View Cottages whilst visiting Alton Towers. We were given the Abstracts room, which we found to be very clean, spacious, well decorated and extremely comfortable. The set-up of the cottages and the private entrances is perfect for guests returning at different times and also provides privacy for guests.

Chris and Judith were fantastic hosts as they were incredibly welcoming and friendly. We called in the morning to let them know that we would be arriving later in the evening as we were heading straight to Alton Towers for Scarefest. They were considerate enough to turn on the heating in the room before we arrived, so that it was nice and warm for us.

The breakfast the next morning was by far the best that I’ve had in a while! The food was cooked perfectly, tasted great and there was plenty of it. Overall a brilliant place to stay that I would recommend to anybody looking to spend a night or two in the area!

Many thanks to Chris and Judith!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sunita M
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here with my family for one night whilst visiting Uttoxeter Races, we had an interconnecting room which was good. Chris and Judith were very friendly and I can only re-iterate what all the other reviews have stated, clean, very nice english breakfast and i would definately stay again. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kent
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just got back from a three night stay at High View Cottage. Thanks for making our trip enjoyable and I can confirm all the positive comments on Tripadvisor. Highly recommended. and we would stay again without a thought!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank richnatKent
UK
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was visiting friends who were camping at a nearby scout camp and didn't fancy the camping myself as I was taking my 21 month old son with me. I couldn't get into the local premier Inn and thought I would "risk" a B&B and wow it was worth it. The owners were very accomodating, ensuring I had what I needed for my son and myself, that I could arrive and check at an appropriate time. All of my queries were met with pleasant, friendly and propmt replies, with even the daftest question not phasing them.

I was even more impressed at the room itself comfortable beds (with a lower bed for my son) tea and coffee making facilities, TV and DVD player, a small but neat bathroom with shower. The room was very clean, nicely decorated and felt homely.

The breakfast was lovely. The aftercre was great too, I left something of value in the room by accident(I blame running round like a scalded cat looking for Thomas the tank engine!) and within half an hour of leaving the cottage the owners had left a message for me letting me know they had it safely and posted it back to me within two days of my trip.

Very worth while, lovely people, lovely atmosphere and peaceful surroundings. Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
liverpool
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were a party of 2 couples going 2 uttoxeter racecourse so booked 2 rooms at high view cottage for 2 nights. The rooms were spacious and well kept nice and clean and everything you need for your stay. What made the most of our stay is the delightful couple who run it, they were pleasant and very kind, offered extra breakfast if you wanted it and 1 of the owners even run our party to the racecourse on the day of the meeting. Would like to say a big thankyou for doing that so very kind of you.I would highly recommend this play to stay to anybody.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debefc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uttoxeter
Premier Inn Uttoxeter Hotel
#2 of 8 in Uttoxeter
Lanes Guest House
Lanes Guest House
#1 of 8 in Uttoxeter

Been to High View Cottage? Share your experiences!