“Excellent stay”
Review of High View Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uttoxeter
High View Cottage
Ranked #2 of 8 Uttoxeter B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a night at High View Cottages whilst visiting Alton Towers. We were given the Abstracts room, which we found to be very clean, spacious, well decorated and extremely comfortable. The set-up of the cottages and the private entrances is perfect for guests returning at different times and also provides privacy for guests.

Chris and Judith were fantastic hosts as they were incredibly welcoming and friendly. We called in the morning to let them know that we would be arriving later in the evening as we were heading straight to Alton Towers for Scarefest. They were considerate enough to turn on the heating in the room before we arrived, so that it was nice and warm for us.

The breakfast the next morning was by far the best that I’ve had in a while! The food was cooked perfectly, tasted great and there was plenty of it. Overall a brilliant place to stay that I would recommend to anybody looking to spend a night or two in the area!

Many thanks to Chris and Judith!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunita M

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here with my family for one night whilst visiting Uttoxeter Races, we had an interconnecting room which was good. Chris and Judith were very friendly and I can only re-iterate what all the other reviews have stated, clean, very nice english breakfast and i would definately stay again. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just got back from a three night stay at High View Cottage. Thanks for making our trip enjoyable and I can confirm all the positive comments on Tripadvisor. Highly recommended. and we would stay again without a thought!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank richnatKent
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was visiting friends who were camping at a nearby scout camp and didn't fancy the camping myself as I was taking my 21 month old son with me. I couldn't get into the local premier Inn and thought I would "risk" a B&B and wow it was worth it. The owners were very accomodating, ensuring I had what I needed for my son and myself, that I could arrive and check at an appropriate time. All of my queries were met with pleasant, friendly and propmt replies, with even the daftest question not phasing them.

I was even more impressed at the room itself comfortable beds (with a lower bed for my son) tea and coffee making facilities, TV and DVD player, a small but neat bathroom with shower. The room was very clean, nicely decorated and felt homely.

The breakfast was lovely. The aftercre was great too, I left something of value in the room by accident(I blame running round like a scalded cat looking for Thomas the tank engine!) and within half an hour of leaving the cottage the owners had left a message for me letting me know they had it safely and posted it back to me within two days of my trip.

Very worth while, lovely people, lovely atmosphere and peaceful surroundings. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were a party of 2 couples going 2 uttoxeter racecourse so booked 2 rooms at high view cottage for 2 nights. The rooms were spacious and well kept nice and clean and everything you need for your stay. What made the most of our stay is the delightful couple who run it, they were pleasant and very kind, offered extra breakfast if you wanted it and 1 of the owners even run our party to the racecourse on the day of the meeting. Would like to say a big thankyou for doing that so very kind of you.I would highly recommend this play to stay to anybody.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debefc
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Myself and my partner have just returned home after a very pleasant two night stay at High View Cottage, spoilt only by the lack of consideration shown by other guests returning from their evening drinking session. The rooms are very close together with very little soundproofing between them and the shouting/screams of one of the guests was definitely not in keeping with the quiet surroundings. The room was a lot smaller than it looked on the photo but adequate for a short stay. The 'large' ensuite shower room was tiny and had nowhere to hang towels but was clean and had plenty of hot water available. Breakfast was very tasty and there was plenty of it, served in a lovely breakfast room. Very hospitable hosts and definitely good value for money. We would stay again if visiting Uttoxeter in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Me and my boyfriend spent 3 nights at High View Cottage for our yearly trip to Alton Towers. We thought we would try somewhere different to usual and as it was such good value for money we were expecting a basic B and B. However, we were extremely happy with our spacious room, tastefully decorated and imaculately clean. It offered freeview TV with DVD player and the selection of DVDs on the windowsill was a nice surprise. The en-suite shower was sufficient for us and I understand they do offer rooms with a bath too. The full-English breakfast was tasty and genorous and started our day off very satisfied. The hosts were welcoming but not intrusive, as we prefer. I would highly recommend High View Cottage as the surroundings are lovely and all within easy access to the town centre and Alton Towers.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Abstracts room which had a beautiful four poster bed