“Snowboarding in a day” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SnowDome

SnowDome
Ranked #2 of 33 things to do in Tamworth
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate snow, ice & leisure experience.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snowboarding in a day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Had a great day snowboarding in a day with Stuart! Really thorough, really friendly (Stuart and the other instructors around) and great food.

It is a full on course and you do need some good stamina but it's great to go from no skill to being able to get down the slope combining turns. The guys are really fun and obviously dedicated to what they do, plus they give you some great laughs and good banter!

The only downside was there were far too many skiers on the slope and they were using the learner snowboarders as slalom posts to try and knock over - very mean! But, at least you get to learn how bad peoples manners can be on the slopes.

I definitely would recommend anyone to learn at the snowdome!

• Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Santas winter wonderland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Visited on 23/11/13 took my nieces as a night out . Booked online for the saver price at £12.99 per person. My map nieces are aged 8 ,13,14 and they loved it .
First we was greeted by a soldier on stilts to welcome the children . The snow play area had a biggish slide with a couple of small ones around the edge the older kids went down the big slides on the tubes and the little one enjoyed being pulled around on the sledge .there was about 40 that went into our session and they was plenty of tubes and sledges to go round for each child . The snow play last 30 minutes which was enough has my feet had just started to feel frozen the snow feels so real it felt magical in there
The children then went into the Santa panto which we found to be as good as a theatre panto . The children do not get to meet Santa but he is in the panto .the actors and actresses were all really good .This lasted 30 minutes
After the panto the children got to go into see the animals and reindeer .all the animals were well looked after and there pens were clean the children enjoyed stroking them . They get to sit and write a letter to Santa and to post it in the letterbox . On exit the children get a thorntons chocolate lolly pop and if you want they can have there photo took in Santas sleigh I paid £10 for two photos for my sisters . All in we had a enjoyable night here .its a lovely place to get you in the christmas spirit .

3 Thank arnoldino
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Learn to ski in a day!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We've been to the snowdome several times with the children and have always enjoyed. Our children have had ski lessons and also enjoyed skating, tubing and swimming. A few days ago my husband and I (who have never skied before) visited without the children and did the 'learn to ski in a day course'. It's a full day course with lunch included. The day is busy and fast paced. You progress from learning to move with one ski on to skiing from a fairly steep slope within the first few hours. There were 9 people in our group and 2 instructors which seemed to work really well. By the end of the day both my husband and I were able to ski safely from the top of the slope which I was delighted with having never skied or skated before. The day is pricey (£165 in peak months) but it is cheaper than paying for the 3 or 4 separate lessons required to reach the 'recreational standard' at the centre. The two course lunch was far better than expected. All in all we had a really good day and would recommend it.

Coventry
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Snowy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Good fun for children and adults alike, there is more than just skiing, with toboggans and huge inflatables as well.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Birthday in the snow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a birthday party today at the Snowdome with the family and decided to have snow play for 30 minutes. The staff there were so helpful and made the day perfect. The kids loved it and the adults were more excited and exhausted afterwards then the kids. As a skier and snowboarder I already love the place to keep me from going rusty so now this is another reason to go there. Think the next time I go it will be Adrenalin Tubing