“Dirty, overpriced and stressful” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drayton Manor Park

Drayton Manor Park
Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Tamworth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Dirty, overpriced and stressful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Visited 28/08/12 with wife and two small children. Was there from 10am until closing and got on 4 rides because of queues. The toilets are a disgrace and the food is unbelievably expensive whilst also being of an unbelievably poor standard. The zoo is cruel with cages too small for the animals who should be in the wild however half of the cages don't appear to be occupied. There is a distinct lack of staff and those that are around are dismissive and evasive. We had visited the park for the first time to celebrate our little boys 2nd birthday but now we are in the process of planning another trip to compel.date for the terrible day out we had. My advice would be to go somewhere else. If you still do decide to go make sure you take your own food and drink as I really cant express how terrible the food is and don't go during Tue school holidays. Thanks for reading.

4 Thank kupers2

• Polish first
Midlands
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Excellent day out for all of the family, I have been here a number of times, and enjoy as much each time.

Visited September 2011
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“OK, but far too long waiting time!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I visited Drayton Manor on 20 August with my partner and daughters aged 8 and 10. Whilst it would be foolish not to expect some queuing and waiting around we stood for almost an hour for our first ride (the Buffalo just inside the entrance). By this time it was getting fairly hot and decided to walk through the zoo where there were shaded areas and then queued again for the train to Thomasland (which when we finally boarded was not full), explaining the long wait again. Thomas land is far too cramped, bearing in mind this is for younger children so there are lots of buggies being wheeled around and the queue for the helicopter ride horrendous. I didnt feel that safe in this area as if needed to be evacuated in an emergency would not have been easy. The park is not as run down as some have reported, however the food and the state of the toilets need addressing. My main concern was the overcrowding and the very small entrance/exit. I booked our tickets on line costing £67.50 including a booking fee of £3.50 (ive no idea why). I would have been very disappointed and cross if we had paid on the day as this would have cost us almost £100 - no where near worth that sort of money!

1 Thank Deborah H
United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good place but queues horrendous”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

took my 2 kids here and the queues were horrendous, meaning they hardly went on any rides at all. The zoo was lovely and they enjoyed the dinosours. Wouldnt rush back certainly not in school holidays x

1 Thank vindrea
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Expected much better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Can only agree with other recent posts - I was very disappointed with the park. The online cost I thought was ok but having been yesterday and having experienced it, I don't think so. My boys who are nearly 5 and 6 actually managed to get on 3 Thomasland rides - I wanted to take them on the Ben10 ride but the queue was at least at hour ..... The zoo was poor as well, 2 penguins, 1 chimp ..... some investment needs making here. We knew it would be a nightmare as soon as we walked in the park as it was so full - surely they should have a maximum number of visitors to ensure you can get on the rides, don't get me wrong I do expect to queue but to queue an hour for a 2 minute ride is a not really on. I also saw staff not making sure the rides were full each time, I wanted to go and sort it myself!! I saw the log flumes coming down with no one in them (3 after each other!!) - that was whilst we did the 4 min boat ride which we had waited an hour for. Rant over, suffice to say I shall not be going back and would not recommend either. Such a shame as my boys had wanted to visit Thomasland so much and if it had been better, would have possible become a place to visit on a yearly basis.

4 Thank Donna M