“Pretentious Food with Ambitious Prices”
Review of Moat House

Moat House
Ranked #104 of 158 Restaurants in Tamworth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Moat House, There is nothing wrong in trying to present its customers with good food and perhaps reflect the quality in its prices. However, if the food appears to be too pretentious and lack the flavour then the paying customer's could be reluctant parting with their money. Our visit included a 3 course meal, the food presentation was splendid. Our courses were served on huge plates, well dressed and well presented. Whilst the presentation was good I wanted the food to reflect that in taste and quality. Ironically it did not match the required taste and whilst I can not disregard their attempt to achieve the desired taste it lacked that punch one expects when you see such beautifully presented dish. As such, most of our dishes ordered it lacked that flair of fine dinning.
Importantly would I visit again yes perhaps to see if things have changed.

3  Thank richierichworld

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I haven't had a meal here for many many years, but following a friends recommendation we just popped in for a late tea on weds night. What a treat we had! The staff were very friendly and attentive, the menu although not massive had plenty of choice - and I'm a fussy eater! They also had loads of specials available, you just had to ask. We waited about 20 mins for our meal as everything was freshly prepared, the portions were huge! It was fabulous high quality food, we couldn't fault a thing! The place has been recently taken over by new people, and you can tell that as soon as you walk through the door! I expect that you'd have to book weekend and for Sunday lunch, but we both recommend you try the Moat House for a meal you won't be disappointed! Good Luck ladies! You deserve every success!

4  Thank Diane A
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Hadn't been to the Moat house for quite some time, but wow what a turn around, we'll definitely be back.We hadn't booked a table but were quickly accommodated in the balcony area. Lovely atmosphere, candles on tables. Came for carvery with my husband and two children (6 and 4).Food was delicious and plentiful good choice of vegetables all fresh and hot. If you fancy a carvery, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Vicky100677
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited the 21st June 2013.. Service and food was incredible. This place is defiantly heading in the right direction of success. I had the sausage and mash in the giant yorkshire pudding which was delicious. The decor was really outstanding as well. I understand this restaurant has gone under new management? so far there doing a cracking job. Well Done to them.

2  Thank Blackpool2012
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked a table for 14 adults and a 2 year old, to celebrate my Mom's 65th Birthday yesterday. It was a perfect venue, lovely carvery and the service was top. All the team were friendly and very helpful, I am very grateful for their help in bringing out flowers and a cake as a surprise for my Mom.
It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining, so my 2 year old enjoyed herself playing in the lovely gardens.
Would recommend 100%, we loved it so much I have booked my birthday party here too.
Thanks again Jill and team, see you soon!

1  Thank Michelle12873